or Connect

Posts by dmfett

I know this may not be the proper forum for? This but I have no clue where to ask this.  So here it is & I hope someone can help me out.   I have been considering monetizing my videos on YouTube for many years. What's the positive to it and the negative to it and how much can you make. We have about 3000 views per week on our 107 videos and is that even worth doing for amount of views?
I just discovered tonight after downloading the new version of Apple TV that it erased all my favorites that I had on my podcast on Apple TV. Was not happy at all. Apple technical support had no idea how to fix it.   One of two things happened.    1.   Apple intended not to make it work and forcing us to resubscribe to that specific podcast that we enjoy.   2.   They had no clue that it was going to do that. The only way to work around this is to resubscribe to your...
I just discovered tonight after downloading the new version 6.0 that it erased all my favorites that I had on my podcast on Apple TV. Was not happy at all. Apple technical support had no idea how to fix it and if either one of two things happened. One Apple intended not to make it work and we have to resubscribe to that specific podcast that we enjoy or two, they had no clue that it was going to do that. The only way to work around this is to resubscribe to your favorite...
You're very kind to spend this much time explaining the ins and outs of this complex issue of selling my DVDs online.   You're right about getting first-hand experience with someone right next to you...it is much more valuable than over on the Internet. However without the Internet will never learn about these other experiences.   I will review all your suggestions and all the things you showed me in the last post. I plan on doing some studying and if I have any...
There has been some funky things a month ago then with the new update from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 things seem better...Apple said an archival reinstall is good to do...have not done it yet as all is well at this point...yes I have time machine and another back up HD...just wondered if those programs are worth it...you say no and thanks for your view...
How do you plan on making the sale?   Of my web site peafowl.com  Much like I do with my e-books on http://www.peafowl.com/rapidcart/download.html with no issues....   Are they paying for a download of say a .mp4 clip or would they just get a license to stream the movie from your server   I have no idea on this one...I only know how to make quicktime movies from my iMovie project...I post them (some for free on You-Tube) on You-Tube and as a quicktime movie...
I will check out the link...but in the meantime can lowering the bitrate be done in iMovie?  If so how do you do it?  Will lowering it keep quality good and size down?
If you did what would you use on OS 10.8.4?
Back in the OS 9.2.2 days I used norton utilities and disk warrior. Now my question is simple do I need to be using that with the latest OS that I have? (OS 10.8.4) Some may ask if I have a problem, no I don't I was thinking maybe I need to do the same in this OS...   Thanks
First off, thank you for responding to my question. For some reason I was never notified that there was a response so I just by chance I came here tonight. In any case I found it let me explain further.   For the foreseeable future, most of my clients actually buy the DVD for their DVD player at home in the USA. That's not a concern for me.  Sales are going just fine in this area & I appreciative of that.   I am mainly interested in selling downloads of my DVDs....