or Connect

Posts by bbjai

I don't know much about American collages so I would be extremely curious to know if you think most of the 80% would switch to a MBA. from whatever mac they have now (im assuming MB?) I know many university students here wouldn't be able to afford it.
it doesn't seem like alot of people seem to know that MB users could consider switching to MBA. This is the type of thread that they need. I find alot of potential MBA users are quite critical of others who compare the products. Personally I find the MBA a quite bizarre product myself. As others have listed its footprint is similar to the MB. That immediately puts it in a comparison to the MB market wise. People will look at both no matter what happens. When you rock up to...
ahhh I do but like Mainly among students and even then that was back in high school. I must admit I have little or no experience among Business People in Japan so yes my view is slightly skewed. Most of my friends in Japan don't have msn or a computer. They tend to do email over the phone...... There probably is a big market for Mac in Japan. The way my friends treat it like a holy grail made it sound as much. Now that you mention it the all in one computers that Vaio...
Im not surprised at the Japanese result to be honest. The MBA in my opinion meets many japanese peoples needs perfectly. Many of them don't seem to do much intensive computing at all, and Apple products have reached halo status there because of the Ipod. All in all the specifications of the MBA was going to be success for them. I'm surprised at the European market results in fact but it'll be a good test to see them sustain that sale rate world wide.
im impressed by those results. I would like to see some sustained months of good sales before people come in to pronounce is a success. But still good signs ahead
The MBA has a target market and suits their needs just perfect. Im just curious as to how many units people expect Apple to shift for the MBA. So far i've worked out that its a a. expensive computer for a secondary computer, or an average joe b. unparalleled design and form features as well as brilliant weight c. designed primarily for the road warrior and traveller where weight is a premium d. designed for hip people who take style over comprimise at any price...
Isn't that the whole point? a niche product? This is what the whole discussion about? Students, Graduates, Mums and Dad, and Young Workers generally all have laptops but they aren't the Macbook Air kind. Its more likely to be a $1,299-$1,499 Laptop that is 14" and has basic features. I've never said the MBA is not profitable, it simple is a niche product. The target audience, the price, nearly everything about it makes it a niche product. I don't know about you, but at...
ahh I see I rarely post profiles to be honest, which might explain why I never check them and Field trips to me mean like going out to a study trip to another location which our university runs from time to time. Misunderstanding on my part
I disagree, many of my friends own macbooks here in Australia, or a laptop from another brand. These are generally paid for by either Parents or working hard and saving up for one. Most Americans don't have that much income to spend. I'd be tempted to post this in one of the many NBA basketball forums i trawl in to see if they would could and consider the MBA expensive and unbuyable. My Aunty living in NY working in Merril Lynch certainly thinks so. The MBA is a luxury...
the same part of Apple that would look to buy a Macbook or iMac as opposed to a Macbook Pro, Mac Pro and MBA?