or Connect

Posts by bbjai

Eh? he was a collage professor? I just assumed if he was going on field trips, and research sites he would be a student. My friend is a med student here in Australia (which might be fairly different) and that sounded like a student situation to me. Students probably could afford two machines, but they wouldn't get two because the opportunity cost of a MBA is pretty high. Lets not mention that there are cheaper alternatives for their needs. The MBA sounds perfect for the...
Then as you should know, you are definetly not an average student, in fact your not even an average buyer. Sure not all Collage students are broke. But most Collage students are.Your unique situation puts you with alot of disposable income which to be honest with you, not much of the world has. You are a niche
How is this not a niche product? Ultraportables are like High End Graphic Cards. There certainly is a market for them, but its a supremely small part of the market. I mean how many people honestly are like His Dudeness........Maybe only 5-10% of my office out of a 500 people earn anywhere close to what his wife earns. I personally think the whole point of this laptop is for bragging rights and it is meant to improve Apples Profile in the laptop space. Covet the Air but...
Then I gotta ask you again how many students can actually afford a iMac and then another computer on top that as their main? I don't think there are alot of these around.......
you missed the pointit is a niche productin acutal fact the amount of people that need a ultra portable represent such a small part of the market, so small in fact that its probably negligble in terms of market share and other things that people look for. As most people have pointed out the main type of customers are either business people who are on the move constantly or fashion/trend freaks who just want to look cool. If i was looking for a laptop for home, I wouldn't...
in a home setting how many people need a ultraportable laptop acutally in fact, how many people need a secondary computer for themselves, as opposed to a second functional computer.
The GMA 950 cant even run the current most popular custom war 3 map Dota. Can't run a basic game like Warcraft 3 which is pathetic in my book to be honest. A similar priced notebook at the Macbook price would easily eat that game alive. I find it disappointing that a Macbook can't compete on that level. But then other laptops can't compete with it in terms of looks and package
I think your definition of Ultra Portable is way out of our time. A 11.1 inch wouldn't be ultra portable for you either then your talking about a product closer to UMP like that small small Vaio with no mouse pad. I don't think Apple would ever do a product like that. Never. Why? Cause noone would buy it, not enough to justify marketing dollars to go into it. Lets look at a standard Macbook Market, in Australia at least, cause thats where i come from. Nearly all the...
I think you will also find, people value these aesthetics, Sony Vaios are way overpriced too, but they are such a cool piece of kit compared to your stock standard Dell you'll find people paying for it. Thats my theory on why the MAc sells so well. They are just such sweet pieces of kit that everyone wants one deep down inside them. And its such a big driver in the customer base for all of the mac customers. If you added a GPU u would screw with that entirely
Ah i misunderstood, generally when you say Solitaire and MiniGolf I think Excel games and stuff I do at work on the sneaky side. If a ultra portable was a 13.3 inch form factor i expect it to be able to at least play older graphical intense games i.e. something basic like WoW