or Connect

Posts by bbjai

that will never happen on a Ultra Portabe. All of the above are plausible until you hit play a game or two. Playing games arent even possible on ultra portables. All of them run low voltage CPU's that on most tests would be running 50% slower then a reference PC from last year. Lets not mention no graphics card, the Sony TZ series is a prime example, it runs a GMA 950. Thats not even good enough to run Warcraft III.............the drivers will die and your screen will...
The 8800M will never see light in any Mac Products. I cant see them putting in something that will ruin the heat balance as it is. Not to mention a 8800M is a good deal bigger then the current 8600GT that they have housed in the MBP. I think this brings up a good point the Macbook is way overpriced. No super drive and no graphics cards. Thats fine, I think im cool with that. But why is it priced higher then anything else when its lacking in features. Its a bit stupid
I agree with all the points above. The 8600GT is indeed fair game for a laptop. But the laptop itself is a good price level above most of its compeitition. I think Dell laptops are a good sticking point against Apple since their prices are ridiculously different to Apple yet have much better specs. Even the relevant dimensions arent all that different. For the Macbook, i've been comparing it to the Dell XPS 1330 and there simply is no comparison in terms of price point,...
Good post Alex I've been thinking for a while Aesthetics is indeed first for Apple. Of all the people on this forum, would you consider yourself the average Apple Macbook or MBP customer? Form Factor is the reason why many of my friends even recognise Apple products let alone. Yet every thread you go to around here it'll harp on about the ability to add more graphics cards, have the option to add graphics cards. It is possible I grant you, the Dell XPS 1330 is a prime...
The MBP have a significantly larger space to install their graphics cards. Lets not mention that the heat the MBP generates is quite horrendous compared to alot of other laptops. There is a point and the point is the Macbook form factor 13" is horrendously hard to install a decent graphics card on it without getting rid of other features of the Macbook. The two examples you listed were 14 inch laptops as well. Lets not mention its also a good half a centimeter thicker. Im...
so, why do people buy macs then. I got the impression that people only bought Apple products generally because of the quality and coolness factor of it all. I love all their products, they just have this all in one I am so l33t type look about them. To double, nay triple the appeal, they look damn sexy. They just dont suit my needs. If they added a video card and then doubled thickness, weight, and reduced battery life then that would destroy the slim design of the macbook...
Then i don't think that will ever happen then. When I walk around and see Macbooks kids usually have them, school kids and they download music, do school work and the like on it. This is in Australia by the way. I think it defeats the whole idea of cool that Apple have built up for itself if they put a graphics card in and screwed the form factor
Hey guys I've been following the threads with some interest for a while. I notice that alot of people want graphics cards in the macbook and Macbook Pro or at least have the option to add a graphics card. I've thought about this and asked other forums. Is it even technically possible for Apple to keep the same form factor and battery life that both laptops have. a 8400M would presumably add at least 1 cm to the macbook compared to the x3100 and reduce the battery...