or Connect

Posts by a Martin

What people think about the looks is one thing – I have more problems with the long animations and constant refreshing of apps when switching to them. I thought the whole idea with the ”new multitaksing” was that the window previews were live, yet most of the time when switching to and app it gets refreshed.   And the long animation when pressing the home button to go form an app to the home screen makes it take longer than it did in iOS 6.   I also find the GUI to be...
I'm with you about the argument to go for the 13" MBP if you want a better, more high-res screen. But I'm not really asking for a "Retina" on the Airs, just a bit more pixels an a better (non TN) panel.I guess there are worse screens out there than the Airs have. But still, I think it's time to move ahead when it comes to this. Oh, well – next generation perhaps.
I fully se the point about battery life, but I still don't think a TN panel of the kind the MacBook Air has is ”fine” on a computer from mid 2013. Especially not a premium one.   I had the previous generation of the MacBook Air 11" and I really liked it, but the colors of the display and how much the colors change when you change the angle you look at the display just a bit isn't much to be happy about. Looking forward to the next generation when it comes to this.
  Fair enough, but I thought (or had hoped) that this generation of the Intel platform (Haswell) would be enough to power a Retina (or at least higher than now) pixel density display. But I guess this isn't the case then. However, I know that there are laptops from Samsung (their 9 series) that has a PNL panel display with 1080p on a 13.3 inch display. And that isn't even on Haswell, it's still on Ivy Bridge (at least the one I read about). The battery time on that when...
Except that something has to be done with the displays. Better panel (not TN) and higher pixel density, please. I thought it would happen this generation, but I guess we have to wait until next.
Never ending stoooooryy... Nah nah naah nah nah naaah nah nah naaa! Hope it ends well once it finally ends.
So soon we won't be able to (easily) replace any hardware (i.e. hard drives and memory) in Apple laptops? I think it's a bit sad. But of course it's great with thin machines, but does that have to rule out user replaceable parts?
  Haha, agreed on ”nationalist wankery”. Was just thinking the same ting. :) How can people of this day an age think there's some kind of objective value to their nation compared to others? We're all citizens of the same planet! The borders and nationalities are made up stuff and shouldn't be taken too seriously.   Also agree on the greatness of the the tip from FireDune to get the switch to ”fullscreen” work with a consistent keyboard combo in all apps. Shouldn't really...
  Yes, I forgot to mention Blizzard's games as a great example of where it's working well. Cmd M to switch from fullscreen to window mode and thus giving access to the rest of OS X. But like I said, it would be nice with a consistant way of doing this, that works in all games from all developers. Therefore it sounds to me that Apple should be providing a framework or something for it. Like you say one would think it shouldn't be that hard since ”everything is supposed to...
I think that Apple should provide developers with a framework or some solution to make it consistantly possible to switch to other apps from a fullscreen game in OS X. It's not uncommon that the only way to get out of the game and do something in another app is to quit the game. :/ Quite rediculous. Guess which operatingsystem that handles this much better?   I also think Apple should push graphic card driver development even more and give us some more hardware...