or Connect

Posts by a Martin

It's not that powerful of a card. Look here: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html (search for 650M on the page to go to the results for the GPU in the Retina MacBook Pro). It's about mid-range.   The three year old desktop graphics card I have is still faster than the graphics in the Retina MacBook Pro. Of course the graphics is not bad for such a thin and portable computer. The VRAM could be a bit higher, though (just 1 GB for so many pixels).   Anyway,...
Can I ask how many FPS you get in the game when there's a lot of action going on? To show the FPS in Diablo 3, press Ctrl R (will come up in upper left corner).   Personally I think this: "You're going to see a gaming experience with this resolution unlike any you have ever seen before" isn't true untill you have a GPU to mach the resolution and give some proper frames per second. Around 60 FPS is needed for things to feel really smooth I think. Untill Apple starts...
Wouldn't it be nice with a ”Reveal In Finder” feature in the open/save dialogs?
Hmm.. So there are things in the OS that require OpenGL 3.x? Would that mean even better performance in graphics? One can hope. At the same time it makes me wonder how all games that are using older than OpenGL 3.x will run. I guess they should be fine still. Apple probably just don't want to have to adjust to too many graphic cards. Fair enough I'd say as long as it mens those being supported will run well.
But have those who consider evolution to be a fairy tale actually read it? Like you say that some people judge the Bible without having read it I doubt many who dismiss evolution being a ”scientific fact” have through understanding of why it is considered a fact by most biologists."Today, nearly all biologists acknowledge that evolution is a fact. The term theory is no longer appropriate except when referring to the various models that attempt to explain how life...
But that's a strange stance to take I think? Every humans heart is sinful because of what Adam did? I thought we're all individuals, with this so called ”free will”. How can we get punished for what Adam did? If that's the case it must mean we aren't really individuals who start from scratch. So whatever I do it's sinful? Just by existing I'm sinful?So, you want me to consider the story about the forbidden fruit to be the reason behind these ”bugs” rather than that all...
Well, I still think he has a point and that makes me think it's very hard to settle with ”truth” since it will just be my truth. Other people will also say they have found truth, but it can still look very different to mine. So, I think that points to god being ”in your head”. Doesn't have to mean he's somewhere else, though. I would see why one would think it's deceitful, but why is the heart beyond cure?This is my main concern. You bring up the Bible. Why the Bible? Why...
I would like to know the truth, but how does one know when one has found it? I know there are many of various religions and views who claim they know ”the truth”, but all of them can't be right, can they? There must be only one truth, right? It's one thing if you find ”truth within yourself”, but that doesn't mean that truth applies to someone else nor reality (i.e. the ”real”*truth). It's all in your head. The problem is that I think as a human, it is (at least currently)...
Of course the music is stored on Spoify's servers, but when you play a song it's using peer-to-peer it seems: ”The contents of each client's cache is summarized in an index which is sent to the Spotify stream hub upon connecting to the service. This index is then used to inform other clients about additional peers they can connect to for fetching streamed data for individual tracks being played. This is accommodated by each client, upon startup, acting as a server...
The ”Apple Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0” seem to have sped things up quite a bit (in Valve games at least). At least it did for me (have a Radeon HD 4890 graphics card).http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id...raphics-updateMore on the update on the News page for Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/news/4211/There's more that can be done to improve performance, but it seems it's going in the right direction.