or Connect

Posts by a Martin

I wonder If Apple will ever fix the cosmetic "bug" that is getting the text selection cursor when over a button. This happen relatively often but even more so when using Dashboard widgets.
Anyone knows if 10.4.3 will activate Quartz Extreme 2D?
I don't know about the volumes etc. not coming up, but the "Finder not running" thing I had (I could use the Finder, but the Dock said it was not running), and that was connected to the APE plug-in from Unsanity. However the lates version of that (included in the latest FruitMenu for example) fixed that for me.
[quote]Originally posted by keyboardf12: you need default folder. take a look at versiontracker.com
And Apple needs to wake up!!! There are too many things in the basic interface of OS X that's horrible. One thing is the open/save dialogs. More options please! On Mac OS it's always been a must (at least for me) to install a few third party apps to make work flow smooth. I don't feel the need for this in Windows XP. How come? Aren't...
I'm wondering if OS 10.2 also puts hidden files in the folders of a Windows system when browsing it over a network. The thing is that the files are not invisible for the Windows user, so the next time he/she looks in that folder there will be a .DS_Store file and other OS X stuff. Not very nice... I also wonder if OS 10.2 as in 10.1 occasionally puts a "Temporary items" folder on the root of a hard drive. This is not invisible, and it's quite disturbing to delete this...
I'm wondering if OS 10.2 also puts hidden files in the folders of a Windows system when browsing it over a network. The thing is that the files are not invisible for the Windows user, so the next time he/she looks in that folder there will be a .DS_Store file and other OS X stuff. Not very nice... I also wonder if OS 10.2 as in 10.1 occasionally puts a "Temporary items" folder on the root of a hard drive. This is not invisible, and it's quite disturbing to delete this...
[quote]Originally posted by Kickaha: This is identical to hitting the green zoom widget on the title bar. Identical.
That's not the case on my machine. When I click the green zoom widget the windows just jumps between 2 different sizes. [Hmmm]
[quote]Originally posted by RolandG: What I am hoping for is a maximize function - like MS Windows - to enlarge windows to fullscreen with a single click. By-the-way, what is the single-app-mode people are talking about?
There is a way to maximize a window for some apps. It takes one extra step compared to MS Windows (like a lot of things in Mac OS X in my opinion...) but it works. In apps with a "Window" menu (e.g. Finder) select "Zoom...
Talking about this (windows that's not in the front), in the Finder, can you scroll a window that's not in the front with the scroll wheel on your mouse (if you have one..)? This i possible in OmniWeb an would be even better to have this feature in the Finder. [ 08-10-2002: Message edited by: a Martin ]

Hmmm... I must say I agree. How come the cursor in Windows is almost always perfectly updated depending on what it's above or what the computer is doing? This is much more intuitive and really should be the case in OS X too in my opinion. And as for the "total" wait cursor we have...I still haven't seen one on my brothers Windows XP system... [Hmmm] [ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: a Martin ]