or Connect

Posts by a Martin

peve, thanks for replying. How do they solve the "cut" and "paste" to move issue in Windows? It seem to work well there, and I think it's a handy feature. If I never paste it (for example restart after "copying") the file should be placed where it was first. I guess I'll use spring loaded folders instead... :-) As for hiding the Dock and then show it again to push up the windows...not very convenient.
At least on my brothers Windows XP machine (1,4 Ghz Pentium 4) the speed when browsing the file system and the web is far superior to my Mac G4 867 Mhz running OS X. It feels like I'm on an old computer , but still his machine is about 6 months older than mine... I'm sure there are other things that OS X handles better than Windows XP. But this time I was talking about speed. [ 07-25-2002: Message edited by: a Martin ]

Since people seem to reply faster here than on Apples forums I would like to ask some questions about the upcoming OS X version. Anyone who tried a recent build please read on. My first post at Apples forum on this topic: --- "I would be happy to know if the use of contextual menus has improved. This time saving feature could be alot better than it is in 10.1. Can I for example right (control) click on a window name list to bring up a menu for close, minimize...
What do you think of this? Will it get any faster? I find it a bit faster in OS 9 and if we compare the current OS X with browsing (both the web and the file system ;-)) in Windows XP I feel ashamed to show OS X to my PC friends...
I really hope they make the new Power Mac line quieter!!! With my G4 867 it feels like I'm flying! And with this I don't mean that things goes fast....It's so noisy!!!
http://calnet.sdsu.edu/jaguardemo.mov Excuse me, but did you see how jerky the restoring of the minimized movie playing in the movie was? It was better than in 10.4.1, but still... [Hmmm] [ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: a Martin ] [ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: a Martin ]

Anybody know if there will be an update to OS 9 soon? I think I heard something about OS 9.3 not too long ago. Codename Starlight?
Anybody know if there will be an update to OS 9 soon? I think I heard something about OS 9.3 not too long ago. Codename Starlight?