or Connect

Posts by RichL

Want to hear something even crazier? Even Symbian, a platform that Microsoft killed off, still destroys Windows Phone in global economy web traffic (and ad revenue).!
I don't think that I could name five apps that I use on a regular basis. 3rd party apps take too long to load to be useful at the moment. My top three would be: iMessage Dark Skies British Airways The thing I love most about my Apple Watch is Apple Pay though. Genuinely fast and convenient to use.
Why does Apple Insider attract so many butt-hurt conservatives who can't handle the truth? Apple is and always has been a liberal organisation. Samsung are a super-conservative company and would love your money.
Beaten to the punch by netrox.    Tim Cook should concentrate on running Apple for the benefit of shareholders and stop pushing his disabilities agenda.
 You've never come across any bugs in OS-level code that could cause an app to crash? You must be making some pretty basic apps. I once got hit by a terrible bug in CVPixelBufferRef. It would return a blank (but not null) buffer on certain models. Incredibly hard to code around.
Hallelujah! Sadly, people can't be trusted to be sensible.
Gruber's takedown of Chen was pretty much perfect.   Chen's record as a tech pundit is dreadful.
To put things into perspective, the 1st generation iPhone sold 6.1 million units total. I doubt we'll see a trajectory like the iPhone's but 5 million units in a year would be good going for the 1st generation Apple Watch.
For our American readers, Shoreditch is the London equivalent of Williamsburg. It's wholly unsurprisingly that the local coffee shops are supporting Apple Pay. I work just up the road and no-one batters an eyelid when I pay for things with my Apple Watch.
 There's no compensation but the developer has to agree to the sale. The developer usually gets plenty of warning too. I guess you could say that the headline is wrong - it's the developers offering their apps for 99c (in exchange for some free advertising). It's the same with promotions that give away apps on the App Store (e.g. 12 Days of Christmas). It's the developer taking the hit.