or Connect

Posts by RichL

Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor? Apple are magnificent bastards in many ways but aren't perfect. They are a secretive company and like to keep their negotiations behind closed doors.
All's well that ends well.
Qualcomm? According to previous AI articles by a certain author, Samsung have dumped Qualcomm completely.
 XL's catalogue is already on Spotify. In fact, XL Recordings has it's own custom playlists on Spotify.
Nokia was on already on a downward spiral when Elop joined. Unfortunately he accelerated - rather than halted - the decline and did so in the most humiliating way possible for the company (allying with the old foe).   He's lucky that the Ratner Effect had already been named after someone else.
 The Prodigy, MIA, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Jack White...
Losing XL's catalogue would be a big blow. They're seriously talented at nurturing new artists.
 I've received nothing but amazing customer service from Apple, even recently. As long as you go in there with a smile, they'll bend over backwards to help in my experience.
 Shitty freemium apps? 
 The Sonos CONNECT:AMP acts as an amp (unsurprisingly). If I were to use Apple TV/Airport Express, I'd need to buy a standard stereo amp and leave it powered on permanently. It would be a two box solution, rather than a one box solution, and I'd lose synchronised playback functionality.  It would be a worse solution for more money.