or Connect

Posts by RichL

This is definitely true. An app that I was involved with was included in an Apple promotion and the rating dropped. People getting the app for free were way more critical than those who paid $5 for it. I guess that's because more children downloaded it.It's also worth pointing out that all of the cost of the promotion is on the developer. We bore all of the cost of making the app free. I guess this is fine if your app is full of IAPs but ours wasn't.As a consumer, it's...
Congratulations on cutting off my sentence just before the crucial word!I'm glad that you're happy to gloss over the fact that mentally ill people are executed in your country but someone writing a lazy reply on the Internet is unacceptable.
I really like Downcast but I've got to admit that I tried tried many of the apps in this round-up.
 That all sounds pretty small fry compared to executing the mentally ill or having the highest incarceration rate out of any industrialized nation. At least British defendants get a trial. That's more than can be said for all of those US citizens killed by their own police force.
Samsung chose Stratford because the mall is right next to the Olympic park. Samsung have been a major sponsor of the Olympics since the Seoul games. The Olympics are over but the mall is still a very busy location as it has great public transport infrastructure. Location isn't Samsung's problem here.Oh, and I very much doubt that "Mr B Frosty" lives in London. No-one with his political views would live here. They'd find it to be hell on Earth.
Samsung's store was very shiny but it charged full retail. No-one bought from there because several stores in the same mall offered the same products for a lot cheaper.
People in this thread need to learn the difference between a troll (someone who says stupid things to get a reaction of people) and a loud-mouth idiot (someone who says stupid things because they're stupid).
I'm sure that iTunes Connect will just show tier prices for Europe excluding VAT and then each country's store will do the math to show consumers the price inclusive of VAT. Shouldn't make a big deal to UK consumers. We already get boned on the alternative tier 1 pricing structure.
 I don't think even foggyhill agrees with himself. He seems to think that Nokia sold 60 million phones in 2007 rather than 60 million smart phones.
 Nokia sold 60 million smartphones in 2007. I wouldn't call that "very small". Personally, I don't see how TAG can win this game. It's possible to acquire knowledge but it's unlikely that they'll be able to transition their culture from a mechanical hardware company to a semiconductor and software company. You know who I'd like to see take a stab at the smart watch? Vertu. I think they've got exactly the right mix of skills to make a great luxury smart watch.