or Connect

Posts by RichL

iTunes Radio still isn't available in the UK. I've got an iTunes Match subscription but I doubt I'd use it regularly even if it was available. The great thing about Spotify is the same thing that makes Netflix so great - ubiquity. It doesn't matter what piece of audio electronics I buy, I know it will have Spotify support. Support for iTunes Radio seems quite limited (for example, Sonos doesn't support it yet).
I've tried a 4K monitor in retina mode and it's not a good experience. The effective resolution is only 1920x1080. 4K video looks great but it's a step down in terms of usable desktop space.   6.5K will be much better. 
Apple always used to poke fun at Micirosoft. I think that's fine when you're the plucky underdog. I wouldn't even mention Android at this point though. Let's here why iOS is so great rather than why Android is so poor.
 No matter what Veewo say, 2048 is based on Threes. The developer of 2048 has admitted this in interviews. 1024 is just another clone of Threes.
I've only played/used Threes and Device 6 but they're both worthy winners. Especially good to see Threes get some recognition after they had their idea ripped off by 2048.
 Cross platform developers will use Unity. Unity itself will use Metal. Everyone wins.
 They've given away gift cards in the past. Great if you're a non-US developer who wants to set up an US iTunes account. 
As a developer, I really appreciate the predictability of Apple's events. It makes it easy for us to plan and schedule app updates.
  In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Sometimes the best plays are the least expected.
 I totally agree. People may whine that Beats are all about marketing and not a great fit for Apple. However, I'd like to thank them. Most bundled earphones (and Apple's earphones are especially guilty of this) leak sound like crazy. Beats' headphones do not. Each Beats owner is one less person on the subway whose music I can hear over my own.