or Connect

Posts by RichL

I assume that's the time for US pre-orders?
Tim, like Apple as a whole, chooses battles that he can win. He won in Indiana. 
 So what's to stop everyone shopping in Canada and avoiding the tax? 
 Ireland's issues were numerous but winning the race to the bottom on business taxes was definitely one of the reasons. It's also one of the reasons why Ireland's economy has taken so long to recover. The problem for any country trying to attract business based on low taxes alone is that there will always be another country even more desperate and stupid eventually. Attracting business based on good infrastructure and a well-educated population is a far more sustainable...
 It's incredibly easy to dodge income tax in the UK. If it were the only tax in the UK, our public services and infrastructure would collapse.
 Yeah, Ireland won that particular race to the bottom and look at its economy now.
 Every other major western nation is going to follow suit. This is a tax loophole that needs to be closed. Good luck raising prices by 25% everywhere.
 They started out selling carphones when they were ridiculously expensive. The name made sense at the time - selling something normally pricey at knock-down prices. The (former?) owner is a weirdo though, a real character. I've met him a couple of times and he's a great speaker. He certainly doesn't mince his words.
 Contactless cards are limited to transactions for £20-30 for this reason.
I guess this the downside with launching your new payment service in a country still stuck in the banking dark age. I'm sure there would have been fewer problems if the rollout had started in Japan or somewhere Europe.