or Connect

Posts by dagamer34

Thing is, the problem has never been the device itself but the content delivered to it. A good example is how the studios ran away from Google TV as fast as possible. If the TV studios don't like what you're doing, you never going to get your project off the ground. Just look at what happened to TV rentals on the Apple TV. It was heralded as a great innovation in TV but it only lasted a year. It certainly would've been more popular if they had offered more content for...
Registered for the Austin event. So sweet that it's only a two hour drive. I always wanted to go WWDC but it's hard to fit it into my schedule.
Never take what a CEO says literally as they wouldn't be a good CEO if they just blabbed all of their plans to their competitors. Steve Jobs has also said in the past that he wouldn't make the following things: a phone, a tablet, and a video iPod. Lo and behold, we have all of those things! Companies have also been know to change their mind about things they previously said. And believe me, if the Kindle Fire takes off in sales, they will strongly consider releasing a...
Siri needs access to more databases. It would be awesome if it used whatever database was in IBM Watson.
I should clarify. I really meant; "Targeting a small percentage of devices on a platform is not a good way to make the most amount of money". For example, I wouldn't expect the world to go wild for the next greatest Kinect game, when only 20% at most of the 360 install base has one.
Let programmers be lazy. Targeting the smallest market isn't a good way to make money.
The obvious reason for more RAM is so that the phone has to spend less energy getting costly resources over a 3G data connection again. It is important to note that all desktop operating systems are different from their mobile counterparts in that desktops can stick data in RAM onto the hard disk to be used later. Sure, there's a penalty when you have to grab that data from the hard disk again instead of RAM, but it's MUCH better than having to access network resources...
Unless Apple is going to loose profits, I don't see them going any lower than $399 on the iPad 2 next year when the iPad 3 comes out. Apple is not know for competing on price, but on value. However, fact of the matter is that for a good chunk of what most users do on an iPad (watch movies and tv shows, read books, surf the web, check e-mail), you don't need a powerful CPU or a 10" IPS display to do it, but a solid OS with good UI and a well-stocked content store, both of...
I'm sad they are delaying sales of unlocked iPhones in the US until November. =/
Yeah, CDMA devices need to be activated for the carrier and if they weren't originally provisioned for the carrier, the MEID will not be accepted by the system (no matter how much hacking you do). You could in theory use the MEID of another Verizon phone and hack that into your iPhone 4S, but that's illegal (as having one phone pretending to be another would wreak havoc on a network if they were both on at the same time). However, the upside to this is that the LTE...