or Connect

Posts by dagamer34

It's not a question of if, but when. Problem is that ARM would be in addition to, not replacement of, x86, especially in desktops. And I doubt they'd pull a Rosetta and make an x86-to-ARM instruction translator, that would be wasteful and slow. Not sure Apple wants to go through that again. Regardless, let's keep in mind that OS X was running on Intel for 4 years before we ever heard about it, so OS X on ARM is likely to be a very long term project.
Tiny error in the graph, all Windows Phone 7 devices are upgradable to Mango.
As great as WiFi is, if you want speed, you have to go wired. And it doesn't help that the MacBook Air Ethernet adapter is limited to USB 2.0 speeds, which is maybe 30MB/s in the best case scenario. Hopefully we'll get something better.
I don't think the resolution has ever been the question but when will get the screen to take advantage of it.
Except the 2010 Air was low performance with medium battery life. People weren't complaining for more battery life in those laptops as much as more power in the Core i5/i7 line of chips. It's a nice idea, but to get the same performance in a much lower power envelope, I think it's going to be several years at least. And while it makes for a nice prototype, it's horrible business sense as I doubt think there's enough power in an ARM chip to go down the Rosetta path and...
Considering the fact that AT&T will be using AWS for part of its 4G LTE network, there's a very good chance that Apple is finally convinced to put in support for 1700Mhz in their next iPhone.
What's really amazing about the iPhone introduction video is how little the interface has changed in 5 years because they got so much right on day one. Sure, there were some rough edges but the original concepts have definitely withstood the test of time. Here's to the next 5 years!
The iPhone 4 did not have a better GPU or significantly larger battery compared to the 3GS, and it quadrupled the pixels. Things don't work as simply as you might think.
Sounds reasonable. Part of me wonders why Apple never left the iPad 1 out on the market when the iPad 2 was released. My best guess is that it's similar to the original iPhone; so many improvements were made to make the iPhone 3G, they really didn't want to keep a 1st gen product around.
20 million people with an iPhone 4 decide to use this hack and it slows down Apple's servers, would you still be rooting for it then?