or Connect

Posts by curious_about_mac

Not very original, I prefer the iJam one; in fact, here you have a attempt to return a faulty iJam to an Apple Store in San Francisco (real!!!),http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7RS3Yx4dRQ
Dear all, This is a very funny parody of Apple's obsession with i-whatever. It's a pity that it's in Spanish but you have below a video with the English subtitles too. Enjoy! http://www.ijam.es/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIqrB3bDy0M Cheers!
This is my true last posting in the thread. Yours have been the most sectarian postings of all. And you have the power to moderate?; What kind of moderator is he who insults posters who disagree with him by calling us all sorts of disgusting names like thief, etc.My posting was never about PC vs Mac but an honest attempt to find the truth of the technical reality of Mac OS X. Apparently, too much to bear for cultists like you.Whether Mac OS X is 70 % UNIX + GUI or 90 %...
First, even if you don't know who he is (and he wants to continue to remain completely anonymous) but since he has been mentioned several times in this thread, I want to publicly apologize to my friend for referring to him as a "Mac preacher searching for converts". Apparently, he wasn't really happy with that description, even though there wasn't any bad feeling from my side. Apology issued let me go to the postings Well, I wasn't clear enough with this. It can be...
I really don't understand what's your problem. First was the inclusion of Norton anti virus in an unfair comparison HP/Vista HW vs Mac HW (as if Mac OS was 100% free of security problems), now you are calling all of us who would like to bypass iTunes thieves (you never put music from a CD you bought into MP3???), what's next? Maybe that all those who resist conversion should be shot to death?
Guys, I think I am spending too much time here. Not that I dislike the arguing but I also need a life! I might be a bit slower answering postings from now on I think I already explained this before. I see two bad things with forcing this way of doing things:- First is that of disk space. The fact that you cannot drag and drop on the mounted USB drive and then play makes you waste disk space at the very minimum. - Second is the issue of privacy. In iTunes, you have a...
Again, from the consumer perspective it matters.Something that Apple/iTunes won't allow for the iPod. You need to go through iTunes. Don't you see a little bit of evil here?For historical remembrance, it wasn't until 2003 that Apple relased iTunes for Windows. The first Windows buyers of the iPod (very few indeed) were given a hard time. Now iPods are sold mostly to Windows users (according to an Apple representative that came to give a recruiting talk at Stanford;...
I confess I am one of those Windows users. But! That said, I have friends who don't share my view and decide to buy other players. They (or I in the future if the situation changes) want the freedom of being able to use non Apple digital players. A Mac OS X dominated desktop would remove, I am pretty sure, that freedom from us.
Example,http://www.macfixitforums.com/showfl...&Number=770630The guy was able to make an external USB HD drive work with Widows but not with Mac OS X. Not sure if the guy would have had the problem with a Mac OS X running on Intel hw, although I doubt that's the problem. A USB driver is a USB driver. Besides according to him, the HD was intended to be used by both.In HW, there is usually a difference between "official support" and "actual support". Third party HW...
Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding was that Apple's support for third party HW, like external HDs, if your Mac is running Mac OS X is pretty limited. If your Mac is not intended to run primarily Mac OS X, but Windows, then I don't see the point of buying a Mac. Not only I am unwilling to pay the premium (for given specs I can get a cheaper HW elsewhere) but if I am to make somebody rich, I prefer to make HP (my former employer) richer than Apple. Also, as far...