or Connect

Posts by hmurchison

I see this iPad as being more of a DCC machine. I see it as being less about carrying it around and more about it being a nice complement to your desktop setup. I see it being the preferred size for Photogs, video mavens and music creators. I could see the RAM doubling and these coming in a quad core configuration.
I've been watching him.  He's always been well spoken but recently he's gotten his setup at home with a Mac Pro looking good and the video quality has improved a lot.  
Maybe the Pixelmator guys/gals will make a companion product that manages photos. 
It's expensive but totally complementary to Priceline's business.    All of these services want to become sticky "one app does it all" services.   Priceline can book my flight, Car Rental, and Hotel now and in the future they'll be offering me the ability to create reservations for dinner.  
With all of the recent acquisitions that Apple has made that can bolster Maps I wouldn't mind seeing some good improvement but having iOS 9 be the large leap forward for Maps.  It's not easy to integrate the technology of many disparate companies into a cohesive end product.    Maps works well enough and when I really need some features I turn to my Navigon.  
You need both.  There are times when I want to change the lights and my iPhone is upstairs.   I'm really considering the forthcoming Philips physical switch and I'd welcome a Hue Extension as yet another way of quickly getting to my recipes. 
Nice.  No menu bar clutter.  Future versions could tap into Home Kit and have your favorite HA macros. 
I'm thinking that IAP won't count.  Since children are primarily interested in games which are often free with a boatload of IAP I think that's where developers are going to make money.   Each family member would have to buy their own IAP which does mean more money for developers.  I'll have to search for how the IAP receipts work in conjunction with Family Sharing
 Apple paved the road for all of these at WWDC '14.  The Xcode simulator now supports variable sizes (portends a larger iPhone) Healthkit/Health and Continuity functionality set the table for iWatch Metal makes the gaming potential of A7 based Apple TV much more powerful  WWDC was huge but Apple has no plans to announce HW too early. 
 Very impressive.   It's difficult to retrofit a near 90 year old house with modern HVAC but I love the sounds of more control for rooms and the radiant heating is something I'm looking to do.  Who'd you go through for the Radiant Heating?   I'm keeping an eye on www.warmboard.com but it'll be years before we actually make that move.