or Connect

Posts by hmurchison

Great    Love this.  Retina class graphics  should be everywhere including PC.      My 27" is just a year old so I've got about another 2 years before I upgrade by then I'm looking at Broadwell or Skylake and hopefully NVMe for SSD.    I don't think 4K is going to be feasible for anything but the most powerful computers for another refresh cycle or two. 
My Touch ID works and the updated failed yet I STILL lost carrier access.      Lucy! You have some 'splaining to do. 
Yup all cell connection lost. 
Aarrgh  Too late.  My 5S is scuppered. 
Putting a 6 in your front pocket can be done but few are going to say it's a good idea.
 good detail at first glance. I'm at work so I'll need to read this when I have time at home.    DisplayPort over Type C USB is going to be huge for the potential of ARM based Macs. 
This is likely the Death Knell for Thunderbolt. I'm not saying this to be hyperbolic but with DP and USB 3.1 over a universal connector Apple gets what they wanted with Thunderbolt (single multi-protocol cable that supplies power) What they don't get is Intel lockin. This should be as applicable to ARM based platforms as it is Intel. Note that Apple hasn't really promoted Thunderbolt lately other than the Mac Pro and there's no rumor of Thunderbolt 2 displays.
Think i'm going to hold off on Family Sharing until perhaps 8.1.  It shows promise wrt to features but typically iOS initial releases are pretty buggy and I don't want to start mashing up Apple accounts until I know i'm landing safely. 
I see this iPad as being more of a DCC machine. I see it as being less about carrying it around and more about it being a nice complement to your desktop setup. I see it being the preferred size for Photogs, video mavens and music creators. I could see the RAM doubling and these coming in a quad core configuration.
I've been watching him.  He's always been well spoken but recently he's gotten his setup at home with a Mac Pro looking good and the video quality has improved a lot.