or Connect

Posts by hmurchison

I'm guessing that $9.99 a month just may buy 1TB of iCloud storage. 
How long did it take you to install?  I'm hearing average install is about 4 hours. 
Phew   Photos for Mac looks pretty basic which is good and bad.   The good is that it'll mirror Photos on iOS.  It also means that Aperture 4 should be more ambitious but probably delayed until next year as well. 
They had me at continuous scrolling in the store.   Thank you. 
I bought a base 16 GB iPad Air because I knew I wanted to have Touch ID (love it on my 5S) and 802.11ac.    Looks like i'll be selling it and getting a minimum 64GB Air this year with Touch ID.    As soon as I feel comfortable about seeing more areas where I can use Touch ID I'm going to take  my current password and make it ridiculously long and difficult. 
I'm sure it'll be HIPAA compliant
Yes iOS 7 was UI changes and a sound groundwork done on the guts.  iOS 8 has a lot of new Dev stuff.  The UI changes are welcome but not huge but what Devs are going to be able to do is nice.    Yosemite is UI polish.  I'm a fan..they didn't go too crazy.   I'm thinking OS X 10.11 may bring some huge changes to the underpinnings (new filesystem anyone?) 
I'm eyeballing Chamberlain or the dealer installed variety Liftmaster  I will BURN my Genie opener in celebration once it's been installed.  Can't wait to see how extensive Homekit is.  Siri control is going to be nice and likely a bit more reliable than IFTTT
I'm not going to get rid of my free Dropbox account yet but iCloud Drive looks like it'll work very nicely for those in the Apple ecosystem.    I'm utterly flabbergasted about Extensibility.  Apple finally got OpenDoc finished decades later. 
 Swift isn't a gaming API it's general purpose.  If a developer wants to keep things portable they'll simply write as much OpenGL code as they can.