or Connect

Posts by hmurchison

Me too.  Seriously thinking about "Cutting the cord"  after Game of Thrones concludes.   I think i'll be fine with Apple TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime streaming.   I'll watch more sports locally. 
Apple Retail needs to balance speed with user experience.    If you have a problem with your Apple device a Genius Bar that is on time and effective is going to have a happy customer leaving.    People walking in looking for products  want clarity.   Apple stores have improved over the years in this arena.  Gone are the stations with microphones and keyboards that few people knew how to operate.    As devices get smaller (read wearables) Apple's stores will have to...
That's ok.    I think iWatch really needs to hit the ground running.   It should be what current wearables are not.  Stylish yet functional and more ambitious than say a Pebble or Galaxy Gear.    The next Apple TV should support UHD/4K ,  offer an app store and additional functionality. 
Quad Core is marketecture. 802.11n is old stuff. Apple will deliver a much better product IMO
 WET would fail.  What programming could you put on that ABC, CBS and NBC don't already cover?   The minute you put some fool from Amren on your advertisers would flee.  Really only small groups/culture need specific programming that isn't readily available on larger channels.    As one poster said before.  The important part is leveling the playing field for our K-12 academic institutions.  The key ingredient of poverty often is a single parent household, local schools in...
Is the 11ac Airport Extreme MIMO? 
Intel sees the writing on the wall.    Lenovo buys IBM's server biz for 2.3 Billion   The market for lower end server CPU is rapidly dwindling.   Virtualization has won.   You're only going to make money selling the big iron stuff if you're Intel.  Expect the scale of low to mid level chips to be reduced in the next few years.    Even Mobile CPU will face a challenge.   Tablets make for an already nice compromise.  How much R&D is Intel going to put in their mobile...
 OS X on ARM is really close. Most API run on both ARM (iOS) & OS X and Xcode targets them just fine. Rosetta is dead
It's time for Apple to start the preparation to migrate a portion of Macs away from Intel.  ARM 64-bit will make for a nice lower cost mini in 2-3 years IMO. 
Yup.  HEVC is going to make life for Netflix a whole lot easier once the hardware gets out an into homes.    Curiously Apple was rumored to be making a play in CDN (Content Delivery Network)   http://gigaom.com/2014/02/03/apple-is-reportedly-building-out-its-own-content-delivery-network/  The timing is coincidental isn't it?