or Connect

Posts by hmurchison

$400 sounds a bit on the high side.  Toss in a A7 which has more than enough Oomph for games.   Add the Routing functionality and 16GB of NAND storage (should cost no more than the 8GB that Gen 3 comes with)   I'm thinking $199-249   Apple keeps Gen 3 around at $99 for those that don't need the extra features. 
I had wondered what streaming would be like with two Apple TV.  I'm guessing there's about a 10ms latency between the streams.  Wonder if the Apple TV 4th Gen will use the new Broadcom WICED stuff that sends sync data in the wifi packets.   imagine being able to have accurate sync of audio to video with Airplay speakers.  I also think that having a HDMI pass through would make integration even easier.   I spend a majority of my time switching between my cable-box and Apple...
I'm ready to cash in my 75 dollar Apple Store credit for buying an iPad Air on Black Friday. Bought my Gen 3 Apple TV when it launched a couple of years ago in March and it has gotten a LOT of use. I think that it's time for an Apple TV app store. I don't just want games I want news, podcasts and more coming from 3rd party. Integrating an 11ac router would be awesome because it can extend your network to every room that has a display. It also reduces the need to be...
Fadell had issues with Ive and Forstall.   He wasn't coming back to Cupertino anytime soon. 
I really don't need Google to spearhead royalty free CODEC.   They really haven't taken their product in a different area.     The darkhorse here is Daala    http://wiki.xiph.org/Daala   https://www.xiph.org/daala/   We'll see if Mozilla and Xiph can get this CODEC off the ground. 
I think wrt to Thermostats that "learning" if overdone.   Indoor location (WifiSlam, iBeacon etc) is going to trump software only solutions.  I don't want my thermostat guessing whether i'm home or away I want it to precisely know.  I also want smarter routing of the heat in my home with smart vents.   I'd love to have a Net Zero home. 
I believe 9 Billion was bandied about.   I'm not sure if that's a total amount expected to be levied across all Defendants but the number will be high.  Entering into this form of discussion was one of the most unethical things Steve Jobs has done.  Educations are expensive and these companies attempt to collude and thwart Free Enterprise illegally cannot go with a mere slap on the wrist.  Apple alone doesn't shoulder the blame nor should it pay the most but unfortunately...
All this acquisition has really done is exposed how little many understand about HA and IoT.    Nest has an inactive Zigbee radio which is great but unfortunately the momentum right now is with  Z Wave.    Google really isn't that much closer to gaining a strong foothold in the home anymore than Apple is.   Another  thing is the "sleight of hand" that goes on with technology.   iBeacon is marketed as a technology that is going  to help me find groceries in the...
Too much Android talk over there.   It's like sleeping with the enemy. 
 I second this.  Kaveri brings Quad Core performance, solid graphics with a 20% savings over Haswell.