or Connect

Posts by hmurchison

The difference is one of momentum. While Apple loves to laud the 185k or so apps they have in the store they've become more and more aggressive about weeding out the garbage (explicit stuff recently ) and now they are pre-emptively attacking "tribble" like spawning of "me too" apps created with cookie cutter meta platforms. The app store is not a Democracy and for that i'm glad.
Paragraphs are your friend.
heheheh call me "Quick Draw McGraw" (Pistol crack)
Sir May I have your social security number? Seeing as how you obviously are a bastion of openness. I'm having a hard time seeing the correlation between a company buying your off the shelf OS and installing it on hacked hardware for profit. Open Markets have their place. The Internet is a communication medium so I think it's appropriate to skew towards keeping as much open.
It's not always about how you start it's about how you finish. Adobe basically turned their backs on Apple and their Mac users. Now that Apple's fortunes have improved Adobe wishes to hitch a ride on the mobile platform wave and they're getting shutout. I think our anger towards Adobe is justified and if anything means we are more stable than ever.
Clearly Much like Politicians some people take a fondness for a person or company which apparently abstract from logical reasoning. I had my google account compromised and by the time I got my password reset 3.6 GB of archived email was GONE. I'm seriously debating jettisoning my google account. I don't really need Google Reader as I'm becoming more comfortable with Twitter for getting info. I have Mobileme now so I have acceptable email and calendar that syncs easy...
This will be taken care of next year is presume. Tim Cook (I believe) all but said that there are only 3 areas where the iPhone has single carrier exclusity (Spain, US and another country). He mentioned that they had already made of their mind about the US market. Reading between the lines I see iPhone on Verizon Q1 of 2011.
Flash is not necessary. I can't believe we're once again going over the same crap again (Note the first time were the browser specific tags that Microsoft fostered in order to defeat Netscape) How many times do you have to tell people that the Internet needs to be open and accessible to as many people as possible without having to pay some company? It's interesting to see Google begin to cave on open internet as well (embracing Flash on Android) . Their integrity and...
Good I'm glad they're bailing. There's no need for meta platforms sitting over Cocoa Touch. Lost total respect for EFF. These guys are starting to sound idiotic like Greenpeace or the ACLU. Glad I never donated any money. The common mantra coming from Flash developers is this. "I want to run my app on Android, WinMob, Blackberry and any other provider that runs flash" It means at the core, their desire is to write an app and deploy it...
Who's saying this? Do you have a link? Not that I'm doubting it but using AMD processors and GPU is one thing..buying them is totally another. Though I wouldn't rule out Apple making a Billion dollar acquisition at some time during my life.