or Connect

Posts by macosxp

Some of that is kind of creepy, a computer that senses so much about you... And what if you want your son to do something on the computer for you? "My dad says it's okay! I even have his authorization code!" iMac: "I'm sorry, I can't let you do that Johnny. Your hands are too little." All I want is to tell my iMac "define disestablishment" and have Dictionary pop up with the definition. As it stands, speech recognition sucks. I tell the computer "Open Pages" and it says...
Why is it that in almost every video it seems the only thing the person could say is that "it's all" or "everything's" "right there"? I've used Vista. It hardly makes it any easier to find things than in XP, and it's not "right there". Maybe they're saying that the computer on the desk is right over there?
Whoa. Take it easy. Your first post indicated why you made the account. I could be wrong, but take it easy. We will see how Vista's market share increases. It is kind of the only option now, so that would also aid adoption. But you seem to be so hotheaded about people making jokes about one of Microsoft's stunts. If you're not looking for "fanboys", don't read an Apple rumors website.
Who's the delusional fanboy? You made an account just to post a defense of Microsoft. Okay, no offense. Just a little mirror for you. ;-) You're right in a sense -- Vista does have many improvements that nobody is taking the time to look at.However, Vista does have problems and bugs and other things not related to 3rd party drivers etc. Subjecting more people to Vista won't solve anything, and even though it's an improvement in some ways, it's not up to XP in terms of...
LOL They didn't even get it right. It's not Apple OS. It's Mac OS X -- this seems unprofessional and either it's typical Microsoft incompetence or it's a big prank.On that Facts page, they also say:Microsoft studies have shown that Windows Vista users are 60% less likely to be infected with malware than users running Windows XP SP2.First, it's the OS that gets infected, not the user. Second, they forgot to mention that Linux and Mac users are 100% less likely to get their...
So when the guy turned on the computer, none of them noticed the boot screen say "Windows Vista"? The people here know nothing about computers. All there saw was what Microsoft wanted them to see. And all we saw was what Microsoft wanted to show us about their reactions.But you do like the idea of Microsoft lying to people about what they are being shown?I've used Vista in virtual machines. SP1 with all the updates. It's pretty slow, there were random software errors, and...
They shouldn't allow more orders than they can take, unless they don't really sell anything at all. So why does it allow me to add $300,000,000 dollars of stuff? Maybe now their stat counter indicated that I put that into my shopping account and they are getting giddy. Now I wonder, if I make the order will they finally have enough money to buy a building and a factory? Let's try
Did you check out NetApplications market share trends? Mac share is skyrocketing. Did you check out ChangeWave surveys? They say that the number of consumers (not businesses tho) wanting to buy Macs is going up fast, and it already exceeded 30%. That number is going to keep going up, and it a couple years, I can expect the market for mac to match 30%, especially if Microsoft leaves consumers with Vista until then.
What about Apple Store workshops? When they buy the computer, can't they learn about them there, or even ask their kids?
Better get ready to eat. Actually, maybe 20% is a little overly-optimistic (but it may not be, we'll see, depending on how many people choose to buy new computers), but 10% is in the bag. Among consumers, it might already be above 10%. Two fairly popular, non-computer-related blogs:http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=...rdwatcher&r=19http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s26dafyoni&r=19 I've seen lots of other sitemeter reports, too, and they all tell the same story. And...