or Connect

Posts by macosxp

Apple is just trying to get developers to work on OS X. Everything the company does is "amazing" and "revolutionary." I agree. I fully expected details of new features to be announced last June, and now they're finally hiring people for 10.7? Seems like every new release of OS X comes 50% later than the last.
Why does everyone pretend 0.55% of calls to Apple Care about issues is a small number? First: If 1 in 200 phones has a defective antenna, that is well below Apple's normal standards. Second: Most people with problems probably Google about it or ignore it and move on, not call support. Third: It doesn't sound like such a small number when you say "16,500 people called Apple's support about antenna problems within the first three weeks the phone was on the market."...
And in that year, did it catch anything? The only malware ever found for Macs was included with illegal content in the form of a trojan. Nothing close to a self-installing virus that you need special protection for. Common sense is good enough until things start spreading and automatically installing. You don't have to waste your money until you hear such a headline.
The fix didn't work for me. In a comment on that page though, this worked: For Mail 4.3: Copy GrowlMail.mailbundle to ~/Library/Mail/Bundles/ after itÂ’s been disabled by Mail.app Open GrowlMail.mailbundle, open Contents/Info.plist in a text editor. Underneath the SupportedPluginCompatibilityUUIDs key, add the following strings: E71BD599-351A-42C5-9B63-EA5C47F7CE8E, B842F7D0-4D81-4DDF-A672-129CA5B32D57. Save, restart Mail.app
10.6.4 updates Mail to version 4.3, which breaks the GrowlMail plugin. I just learned it the hard way and am pretty annoyed right now, since it saves the time hassle of opening Mail every time I get a message to see what it is. If you use GrowlMail and 10.6.3 works fine for you, wait for a GrowlMail update first!
How fast is the hard drive? I hope it's not a stinking 5200rpm they've slapped into their laptops. EDIT: Darn it, it is a 5200 rpm. For a company like Apple they sure know how to use second-rate parts. Why not throw in a 512 MB 600 MHz DDR ram stick? Slow hard drives also made me not want to get a new MacBook.
Well... it sorta is and sorta isn't false advertising. Digital photographers are known to print at at least 300 DPI for images intended to be hand-held and at least 150 DPI for images that will be seen at least at arms-length. The reason is, when you go beyond that resolution, you can't really tell a difference in clarity. One of Apple's design guys probably told them that, so they assumed it was common knowledge. But that is like saying that when you hit 30 FPS, you eye...
Apple, how many reasons do you need before switching from AT&T to Verizon or Sprint or something? Limited and expensive data plans Poor reliability and coverage Unable to do FaceTime or a number of other things over their 3G Slowish speeds Security flaw on website... Come on already! The world and plenty of potential customers are waiting!
I will have to see for myself, but if these ads are the least bit intrusive I will simply not get an iPhone. Leave the ads on search results and TV where they belong.
Balmer makes the most appealing and intreguing presentations. *Balmer walks in with a sweaty button-down shirt* "VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO! VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO! VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO, VISUAL STUDIO!" .... "Thank you, Steve Balmer."