or Connect

Posts by urbansprawl

I'm assuming this is usual for the first couple .x updates, but sure seems to be a lot of bugs. I love Apple and having a stance of producing quality machines, but the argument that they can produce better stability because they program for specific hardware is getting thin. Why are they having graphics troubles with every hardware revision since the aluminum iMac??? Here I'm waiting to buy a new macbook or macbook pro, hoping for the big redesign in June, but...
I'm in love with Apple just as much as the rest of you, but it's clear they make business/profit-motivated decisions over making users happy. It's pretty obvious they pulled the feature at first just to push new hardware (Time Capsule). Granted, I don't know about possible hardware changes between AEBS and TC, but it seems that it should just work for both.
This is kind of exciting. First of all, the phones sold by AT&T have been purchased from Apple by AT&T, correct? In that case, if Apple is about to do something big, they have cleared out their inventory and AT&T is responsible to take care of their inventory. Not Apple's responsibility. April 1st is obviously a sentimental day for Apple. Maybe something big will happen. Certainly 3G/iPhone 2.0 firmware is married to WWDC. It would be very shocking for them...
No, if you want a good example you say, "Stating a machine as Vista-capable but the machine runs slower than $h!t". But that has serious merit as it damages the experience of all users. Believe me, I want a quality display too. And now that I know this information, I wouldn't buy the 20". But then again, I don't edit high quality photos, and it probably wouldn't affect me anyway. And there are tons of people like me.
First of all, Apple bumped up the size of the low-end iMac display and simultaneously lowered the price. I believe that's why they went with a cheaper screen and in order to keep a good margin, that's what a business does. Secondly, if a 20" iMac user appears to see millions of colors on a monitor using dithering techniques...wait...WHAT? They ARE seeing millions of colors through dithering? Isn't that what the specs claim? Shows millions of colors? It doesn't...
EXACTLY! We have new MacBooks and MacBook Pros and iMacs coming out this year. Some sooner than later. And I have a feeling we might see a form redesign on the rest of the laptop line. iPhone/iPod Touch SDK should be out by the end of this month. Will Apple stay with an ARM processor or move to the more powerful Silverthorne? They've already branded the devices as a solid mobile internet platform. I expect these devices to be the convergence devices that will...
Acquire Adobe - great. Pdf is still the king of electronic documents and OS X has it baked right in (Opens pdfs blazingly fast in Preview). Design/Image products are often used by Mac users so they will definitely sell. But, most of Apple's software right now is developed for mac-only (except Safari and iTunes for Windows). Do you think Apple wants to manage developing the software for both platforms? Perhaps they would rather continue improving OS X and their base...
Well, if Apple pulls off a decent SDK in February, this new "mobile wi-fi platform" is going to get really, really interesting. Look what people are making for the iPhone/iPod Touch already in the hacking community. It's going to be great!
What happened to the rumors that Apple was overhauling Leopard for SSE4 instructions? Apparently performance increases using SSE4 are big. Going forward, all the new Mac products coming out would get big performance increases and be another reason for people to buy new Macs. God, think about how fast Leopard runs with old hardware and the new iMacs are zippy.
Still, 3G alone only puts it into the Japanese market. Apple would have to add some of the features here in Japan to be really competitive. Did you know I can go to McDonalds and every wrapper has a 3d barcode. I can scan it with my phone's camera and it will open the web browser and take me to a webpage about the sandwich with the nutrition contents. There are lots of things that Apple doesn't have that people just expect their phones to do here. BUT, a while back,...