or Connect

Posts by urbansprawl

You've had 5 years to pace yourself and your wallet. What do you use that is so good that new software isnt free or much better at a reasonable price?
You're wrong on most of this. iOS 5 is not delayed. It's Apple's schedule, not yours. As a developer, I've used Lion. You want to use it. It's an improvement over snow leopard. To AI, iCloud is slated for the fall when iOS 5 is released. While I'm sure Apple wants the platform ready, people purchasing Macs with Lion next month are not going to have access to iCloud yet. But yes, a hardware refresh shipping with the new software is better than trying to get...
If I stop and think, the most I use mobile me web apps for is to share product builds with a business partner. I use ios and mac native apps that are synced automatically. It doesn't get any easier than that. With millions of people slated to take free iCloud accounts, developers are going to be able to easily sync preferences and documents in the cloud, of course assuming a person has an always connected lifestyle. I've used gmail since it's inception but that...
I'm proud that Apple licensed this in the first place to provide a safe development platform for us and second that when that was threatened, Apple is standing up for us. Enough said. (i.e. someone said Lodsys must have thought in advance, well I'm sure Apple did too. That's why they licensed in the first place.)
Haha, no no no no. This has nothing on Things. It's way too basic! There are very fundamental location-based things missing. That's all I can say.
Thanks Apple. The issue stands clear in my mind. Developers dont have an in-app purchase system. Apple does. Apple has licensed patents for their system. This is why we pay to join Apple's developer system. This is one of the reasons why Apple takes 30%. Apple was good to not snap back at us in the beginning, talk down to us about why we have some limitations. I agree some of the review stuff has been crap, but from the start Apple was careful that...
We're all upgraded here in Tokyo. The ipads are inset in glass and the information interface is very user friendly. putting them next to laptops is a bit cluttered, but for ipods they dock right on the same glass(plastic?) unit, it's very chic. All in all, I like it.
I bought a maxed CTO 11" MBA last December and it's all I use. My poor 15" MBP, while much faster, is wholly neglected. I had an iPad..but I never used it. LUV MY MBA. My view on the future MacBook lineup: - Get rid if the white MacBook. While I know this is probably not likely, I despise that thing. I think it's downright ugly compared to the aluminum unibody. - Introduce a 15" MacBook Air (alongside the 15" MBP because so pro users want ports) 11", 13",...
Seriously people, let's not over think the meaning of exclusivity! Yes, from the viewpoint of a consumer, Softbank is exclusively selling the iPhone. However, from what Cook said, if all exclusivity is over, then they may be in discussions with Docomo and/or AU. "No more exclusivity" doesn't mean all carriers are going to come to a contractual agreement with Apple. Apple still has demands that some carriers don't like. So yep you can only officially buy an iPhone...
Hahahahaha, exactly. As a developer I'll tell you that this is called proper internationalization and localization. It goes much further than just setting a base language. You need to be considerate of a country's culture, slang, etc. So some of you can enjoy British English, others Australian English, and others American English, etc. (But we all know which is the best of course...hehe)