or Connect

Posts by veblen

I read you Radjin. But how did they distribute it if it wasn't in the code base that vendors and customers were downloading and compiling on their android headsets? Where was it distributed? I'm not saying it wasn't distributed. I think your example of Excel is an extreme case. What we are talking about here are some test files that aren't even central to the distributed product. To me if this is the best stuff that Oracle has to sue Google with I think the suit is...
I'm not reading the headline "Google found distributing Oracle's Java code within Android project" as being accurate. The article itself says the code wasn't distributed to any devices. I guess it is technically "within the project". I don't see them removing the code as being a huge deal. Exactly how much would this kind of infringement cost them in damages based on the previous cases? How exactly was the code being distributed by Google? Was it buried in their code...
I see valleywag is a Gawker Media site, the same folks who give us Gizmodo. They definitely have shown they have an axe to grind with Apple. I hope Tim Cook was out already if he is indeed gay. If Gawker waited until a time like this in his professional life to out him publicly then they are dirt. Doesn't matter to me at all if Tim Cook is gay or not. If the Apple Insider summary of his life is accurate he sounds like a pretty decent guy, the kind of guy you'd want to...
Hilarious! I'll have to remember the name so that if I see any news links from them to be on guard. I had never heard of them before being in the states.
AI saying that Apple is not amused implies some kind of emotional involvement. I don't think the facts stated in the article show any emotional involvement. At least one news organization has mistakenly taken this account for the real Steve Jobs a fact which was omitted from the AI summary. "Last time the @ceoSteveJobs account made headlines it was because it had confused the UK’s Daily Mail enough to publish a post quoting it as the real Steve Jobs account. So...
I agree. This is a very weak attempt at speculation. If Apple is looking to get me to upgrade the big thing would be support for higher bandwidth networks like the 4G LTE. I'm not going to upgrade my phone for an internal projector and I can already watch live tv from my iphone via software if I so chose. I still think the primary improvements to iPhone 5 will be in the iOS operating system that will ship with it. I think Apple showed us here with 4.21 and AirVideo...
I agree. $5 per rental for movies is a no go with me. I'm enjoying my AppleTV and the netflix streaming as well. For me Netflix streaming/MobileMe Photo Screensaver/AirVideo are the things I like most with the device. Being able to stream Pandora and Sirius Radio over the network from my ipad to the AppleTV hooked up to my stereo system with AirVideo has been a big win for me.
Streaming Pandora from my iPad to my appletv while surfing the internet on the ipad. Awesome!!
Maybe. I understand your point. I personally find the apple ipad case difficult to position perpendicular to a table facing me in any position other than landscape. Maybe that would be acceptable? I'd really have to try it out I guess. If they put a camera on the next ipad I'll find out.
I have an Apple Ipad case. Standing my ipad case upright vertically is very unstable. I can't adjust it up or down like I can with my monitor on my macbook when I use it for facetime to get an appropriate angle. Almost any attempt at adjustment while standing vertically just causes it to fall over. Most of the cases I've seen offer adjustment horizontally up and down but not vertically.With the iphone I can usually hold the device in my hand and position it. It's...