or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Looking at their website, I'm not totally clear on their services:   are they doing all the manufacturing for the cars displayed - the MINI Countryman and Paceman, the Peugeot RCZ and the Mercedes Benz G class?  Or did they just provide services to design and/or set up the production lines in the respective car company's factories?    Hard for me to believe that Mercedes, for example, doesn't manufacture their own model.
If it were a private company, no problem.   But being a public company, it always has to grow or Wall Street will kill the stock.   Although Apple is obviously managed quite well, that's one of the problem with capitalism, because public companies look at the short term, not the long term.    They're obsessed with the next quarter or only the current fiscal year instead of five years from now. While I don't agree with the solution, this is one of the reasons why Hillary...
The average person in the U.S. actually now keeps their car for 12 years.    So in your view, that would be a good thing because those people are not going to give up their Apple phones (although that depends upon how tightly Apple locks down the system).   But it also means a very long replacement cycle.  But auto manufacturing is a very expensive business and you can't use that to drive (sic) the phone business.  I might be in the minority, but as I've said many times...
And this is why I think cord cutters are fooling themselves, as much as I'd like to cut the cord myself.   Most MSOs will charge you more for your internet access if you drop your cable TV subscription.   And if you start adding up the costs of separate subscriptions to each of these services, I think that on average, they'll come to more than a typical cable subscription, unless one is okay with losing access to a lot of shows.  And then there's the issue of bandwidth -...
While the authors are (supposedly) not government employees, what I feel this is about is the NSA's and FBI's failure to protect Americans from terrorist attacks (although we don't know what they might have stopped).   So while the recent attacks on the military recruiting centers as well as the racist attack at the AME Church and the loser who shot people at the movie theatre were not all the result of a foreign power or terrorist group,  all of these attacks should...
Not necessarily.   $60 a square foot for Class A office space is typical in Manhattan.  Don't confuse office space with retail space.   A company I consult for, with offices in a lesser, smaller building in the east 30s, is paying only around $25 a sq ft.    
Religion is a choice and it is a civil rights issue, so I would have to say that you continue to be incorrect.  To a certain extent, race is also a choice as people of mixed race tend to identify with their choice of only one of their heritage races (and also to a certain extent, society imposes a view upon them - if someone is 25% Black and identifies with being Black, society is okay with that, but if they're 25% White and identify with being White, we tend not to accept...
 I'm sure it will be, although I think it's pretty much unnecessary for Apple employees.   Someone who works at Apple might want to chime in, but it seems to me that Apple employees should be familiar enough with the product line that they don't need to go to the store.  I suspect they just go to a special online website and order whatever they want at presumably employee discount prices. 
Especially since I think the purpose of the visitor's center is to keep people away from the main building and other Apple facilities.   Looks to me like it's going to be nothing more than a store (albeit a decently sized one) and café with an observation deck at the incredible height of 23 feet.   Wow!  I hope they have medical staff nearby to support visitors who will get vertigo at those incredible heights.     And it's going to have stairs and elevators!!!   How...
$12.8 billion in Tesla sales ($3.198b x 4) at $500 per Apple watch is 25.6 million watches.   Do you really think Apple is going to accomplish that in 2015 or even in 2016?    But I do agree that Apple will see far more profits from the Watch than Tesla will see from the car. This is why I've argued when this has come up before that Apple would not get into the auto business directly.   Capital investment is too large, margins are too small and even with robots in the...