or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

It could only do so if the image it projected was larger than the surface of the screen.   But since anything it's going to project is going to have transparency (assuming it's at all similar to either holography or concepts of such devices), I don't think it's going to work well for web pages, email documents, etc.   And therefore, you'll still need a larger screen to read such documents effectively.    And let's not forget that this is just a patent.   It doesn't mean...
Yes, but doesn't Apple always "do the impossible"? 
I haven't tried these new phones out yet, but I've never been able to use the iPhone5 (or even the 4s) one-handed except (obviously) when holding it to my ear during a phone call.   When using the touch screen, I find I'm always holding it in one hand and typing with the other.   I've never been able to type two-handed on these phones and I don't think I have especially large fingers.   (I was able to type with two hands before the iPhone when I still had a...
That's true and back in the early 1970s, they rated the AMC Gremlin as the best subcompact car made.   They later actually apologized.   (I owned one and absolutely everything that could go wrong in a car went wrong in that car.  Just about the only thing that never broke was the air conditioner.   Even the seats broke.  As well as brakes, rings, wheel bearings, the electrical systems (horn once started honking on its own), oil leaks, etc., etc.   After that car, I've...
 But in each of these incidences, we don't know the facts behind it.  Maybe he told Apple management that these apps/OS builds weren't ready, but they told him to release anyway.Maybe he said he needed 30 more people to effectively test the apps, but they told him no.Maybe the coders or the product managers insisted that the software was releasable over his objections and they won out. According to the article, his testers weren't permitted to test on unreleased hardware,...
 While I'm not claiming that you're absolutely wrong, when I read the specifics of what he did and wanted to do at JCP, I agreed with them.   The problem was that he misread the JCP shopper:   they wanted to maintain all the idiocies of the past.   For example, Johnson wanted to eliminate coupons and phony sales and simply lower the prices in the store.    But I saw some interviews with JCP shoppers and at least among those interviewed, they liked coupons and they liked...
And very early Apple spots didn't tell us it was Dick Cavett (although he's very recognizable) or Richard Dreyfuss.  I think that in some respects, Fallon has an edge even over Carson.   Since he can sing, dance and do impressions, he's really the most multi-talented talk-show host since Steve Allen (and Steve didn't do impressions).   While he's not as good an interviewer as Carson and probably somewhat less intelligent than Carson, Allen, Cavett or Jack Paar, I think...
It doesn't matter because these commercials are not aimed to the people on boards like this one.   Everyone on this board knows about the phones, knows (just about) everything about them and whether or not they want to own one.   No TV ad is going to convince them to either buy or not buy. These ads are for people who don't populate tech boards and who either have never bought an iPhone or are due for an upgrade.   What these ads say is a) there are new iPhones and b)...
Limit phone sales to one or two in the opening weeks until there is enough inventory to anyone who isn't renewing a phone plan. If someone wants another phone, they have to wait on line again.
Which is why Apple's continued emphasis on thinness and the body design over practicality (like longer battery life) is misplaced, since they strongly encourage people to use cases and the phones generally cannot stand up to being dropped or even resisting scratches when being shoved into pockets that have coins or keys in them.     While I had my bare phone drop out of my coat pocket onto a concrete platform and onto the subway tracks without any damage, I have also seen...