or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I think that's exactly right.   Around 15 years ago, I was involved in an e-commerce project that IBM, Microsoft and others bid on.   IBM's offering was their WebSphere product and every time  I asked whether it would do something out of the box, the answer was "no".   It all required extra software, custom programming, consulting fees, etc. But even if that's not the case with these offerings, they still need to be integrated with the client's databases and systems.   And...
I don't.   Apple's brand is very strong - stronger than that of Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Subaru and most other car companies.  And most consumer surveys show that most consumers think their electronic dash controls suck.   So I think full integration of an enhanced Car Play would be beneficial to those companies.   Car companies already advertise such things as a "Bose sound system".   But one hurdle might be price as car companies incorporate unbelievable markups...
We do have more free time because of automation.   But we have less free time because corporate America has demanded a longer work week and most of us are working far more many hours than the average worker put in 30 years ago.    And plenty has been eliminated:  there used to be rooms full of typists as well as clerks and secretaries at virtually every business, even smaller ones.   Those people are all gone.    And we're all accomplishing more.   One of the reasons why...
Actually, Gillette and Schick are in a bit of trouble because the upstart razor blade subscription companies, like Dollar Shave Club, which offers blades at a far cheaper price, are starting to do quite well and causing severe disruption in the market, although the traditional razor blade companies are fighting back by offering their own subscription models.  But there's no Apple analogy there.     I think there is some merit to an analysis that says that iPhone sales in...
There are companies that make a single device that works with the outlets of many countries - some have folding plugs, some have sliders that release the correct configuration.   This is a folding type:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221360577789 This is the sliding type: http://www.peachsuite.com/209073/international-travel-plug-adapter-ac-outlet-for-notebook-pc-cell-phone-110v-kmw33117.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=bingshopping   Much easier than...
So Apple is enhancing Maps, but only in places that have warm climates? And as the article states, I think it should be pretty obvious by now that these vans have absolutely nothing to do with Apple manufacturing its own electric car.
 Yes, they have a 27.5% gross margin, but they've never shown a profit.   In 2014, their net was a $300 million loss.  I'm not saying they're never going to be profitable, but it's going to be difficult to accomplish that until they achieve mass and they won't achieve mass with a car that sells for $70K and up.    And they're not selling 500K cars within the next four years unless the price comes down to below $50,000 and maybe not even then, unless they create a leasing...
So there's no drivetrain, suspension system, brakes, robust car body, impact zone, airbags, cooling system, etc.   All items of which Apple has absolutely no experience or core competency.     A car is not a video simulation.   Apple recently produced a phone that bends if one keeps it in a tight pants pocket.   Apple has produced phones in which the screen frequently cracks when dropped from a height of 3-4 feet (although mine dropped onto a concrete subway platform and...
When they make an iPhone or other device that only needs to be charged once a week, they might gain some credibility that they can build a car that doesn't need to be charged after every short trip.  And rumor has it that the Apple Watch might not even last a day without needing to be recharged.  I'm with Benjamin Frost on this one.   Electric cars as a mass market device don't work with the tech we have available today.   And I'm not sure how, as great a company as Apple...
So, essentially, in the name of "image", you're proposing that Staples discriminate on the basis of age and weight (which, by the way, is illegal).   Do you think out of work actors/actresses are going to want to work at Staples?    I also have no idea why you think someone's age or weight has anything to do with their ability to understand technology.   I work with plenty of older and overweight programmers, business analysts, tech project managers, etc.    And I never...