or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

$12.8 billion in Tesla sales ($3.198b x 4) at $500 per Apple watch is 25.6 million watches.   Do you really think Apple is going to accomplish that in 2015 or even in 2016?    But I do agree that Apple will see far more profits from the Watch than Tesla will see from the car. This is why I've argued when this has come up before that Apple would not get into the auto business directly.   Capital investment is too large, margins are too small and even with robots in the...
No, I don't think every scene in the trailer portrays Jobs in a bad light.   Many portray him as the genius he was.    And as far as making money is concerned, it's the very rare documentary that makes any, so I can assure you this wasn't done for the money.   All of the negatives brought up in the trailer are already well known, so I don't find those to be a big deal. As to whether the movie on balance is fair can only be known by seeing the entire film. Most geniuses...
No one is imposing their beliefs on you.   As I previously posted, no one is forcing you to be gay or transgender.   No one is forcing you to give up your virginity before marriage.    But you can't use religion to violate someone else's civil rights.   Religion and so-called "morality" can be used and have been used as an excuse to violate the civil rights of others.   It was used to support both slavery and segregation and laws against mixed marriages.  You still have...
Nothing wrong with heritage, bluegrass, limestone or the people of Indiana.  None of that has anything to do with civil rights, racism, sexism or someone caring about what I do in my bedroom.   
Not one professional psychiatric or psychological association in the United States or in Western Europe believes that homosexuals are mentally ill.    You need to stop living in the 1940s.    But they generally do define people who hate as a mental disorder, although one in which people are still responsible for their own actions.  
 I'm having a hard time thinking of any laws that aren't about preserving freedoms, property preservation and not doing harm.     Anti-discrimination laws?  Not harming someone else.    Speeding and other traffic laws?    Nor harming yourself or someone else.    Environmental laws and regulations around food inspection?    The same.    Certification and licensing laws, building codes, chemical safety?   All the same.    So while people do claim we've become the "nanny...
No one is stepping on your rights as no one is forcing you go change your gender or have sex with someone of the same gender.   No one is forcing you to be with or marry someone of your own gender.   And I would argue (and most experts on the issue would agree) that the fundamentals of how one identifies with gender only has slightly to do with the physical sex organs one was born with.   Almost all people who are transsexual knew from a very young age that they felt of...
There may be some legit reasons to monitor Apple's approach to this business, but none of the reasons listed are legitimate.  In fact, they're all absurd and sound like an Onion article.   I'm really surprised that Franken is on board for this because he's a pretty smart guy.   As far as Apple already having credit card info for the masses, so what?   So does Amazon and many other e-commerce vendors.    They're really going after Apple because Apple can make it slightly...
Yes, but IMO, the Supreme Court got it wrong.   (The Supreme Court does get things wrong from time to time, no?)    And while it will be many years from now, I bet a future Supreme Court will change that ruling and/or Congress will eventually intervene.     And regardless of what the court ruled, IMO, Apple is foolish not to compensate its workers for this time because it's things like this that infuriate workers and could eventually lead them to bring in a union,...
At least in the U.S. market, I would expect that iPhone sales WILL decline without MAJOR tech improvements as the phone companies phase out phone subsidies.   Even if they don't phase them out, there will simply be less of a reason to spend another $200-$300 on a new phone after two years because the newer model isn't going to provide much more than the past one did. Almost $50 billion in revenue and people are complaining.   Total insanity.   I hear that if Apple has a...