or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I think that's an unfair statement.    I'm no defender of men who assault women and I'm not even a basketball fan, so I'm not favorably biased in Bryant's favor and I also think that athletes and actors get too many passes for bad behavior, but If you read the details of the case, there are many questions about whether it was consensual or rape and whether the woman had mental problems.    Beginning with, "what was she doing in his room in the first place?"    And...
 I think that until consumers feel they need to upgrade, there will be declines because most people who want an Apple product badly try to buy them when they're first released.      I think the iPad needs an upgrade that is easily recognized as a vastly substantial improvement in order to trigger an upgrade cycle.   That would probably mean a product which, at the very least, has much longer battery life and is much lighter in weight.    It also needs some functionality...
They've done it lots of times, indirectly, through lifestyle ads showing lots of different people doing lots of different things on a Mac.    And if you think back to some of the earlier Mac ads there was the one where "this is what you have to know to use a PC" and they drop a giant user's guide and "this is what you have to know to use a Mac" and they drop a very thin user's guide.    And there was also the one about "this is how you setup a Mac" (I think for the first...
 Yes, you can read the iPad indoors, but it provides far more eyestrain than an e-ink reader.    Unless I started traveling constantly as I used to, I would never buy a Kindle because I don't want to carry so many different devices, but I have to admit that the Kindle is far easier to read if all I care about is reading books.   You have to give credit where credit is due. An ideal device would somehow enable both e-ink and a retina display in the same physical device.    
Has there ever been even one presidential press secretary who hasn't lied constantly?   That's their job.    It doesn't matter if it was Pierre Salinger, Bill Moyers,  Ron Ziegler, Ari Fleischer, James Brady, George Stephanopoulos or whoever you want to name.    His job at Apple (or with any such company) would be to develop positive relationships with the press, especially when Apple needs to counteract negative stories about them as they recently had to do in China. 
 Obama's current approval rating is 42% (Gallup July 7-13).   It's 79% among Democrats, 36% among Independents and 9% among Republicans, so I think you'd have to agree that he does have strong approval ratings with his base (stronger than I would have thought).   Obama also does better with younger people:   49% approval from people 18-29, 46% 30-49, 38% 50-64 and 35% ages 65+.    But another thing you have to remember is that the far left is also unhappy with Obama for...
 Negative comments on any forum mean absolutely nothing.   The web has become a place of mindless idiots who preach hatred for various things, some trivial ("George Lucas ruined my childhood") and some important (Mideast issues) without really understanding the issues. One can have any opinion they want and do with their money what they want, but I think it's completely absurd that because one has decided they hate liberals in general or Obama specifically (for either...
The contractual relationship is between an author and a publisher, not an author and Amazon (except for those few who publish directly with Amazon).   According to press reports, Amazon is paying the publishers the regular wholesale price for each downloaded ebook, which means that they have to be losing a lot of money on this program, but I think it's pretty clear that Amazon's purpose is to gain market share and get people in the habit of only ordering ebooks from Amazon...
No, it's your understanding that is poor: For the most recent quarter:Apple's share of the U.S. computer market slipped again during the second quarter of 2014 despite a global trend towards growth in the PC marketplace after tablets like the iPad cannibalized sales.  Source: IDCAccording to IDC's preliminary results for the most recent June quarter, Apple continued to bleed marketshare in the U.S. PC industry, ending the three-month period as the only top-five PC vendor...
undefined