or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

It's not a cash in.   A movie like this will NEVER make money.   Let's say it takes just $20 million to make (almost an impossibility).   It needs another $20 million to market.   That means it has to do $80 million in box-office ($40 million in rentals) just to break-even.   That's not going to happen for a movie of this nature.   For a movie to do well today, it has to have big international box-office and be able to do especially well in China.   95% of films do more...
Apple did have factories in Ireland at one time - back in the Apple ][ or very early Mac days, I believe.
You mean if shown ads when connected to their WiFi, not that the pylon is displaying ads, right?   I think the intent is only for the pylon to display ads.  But there are several problems:- many NYC parks claim free WiFi access.   But it either never works  (my iPhone doesn't find the WiFi), asks for a password that you obviously don't have, or you can connect, but it's so unbearably slow that it's faster just to use the phone connection. - according to the article, this...
That's what I've been wondering - whether Apple would drop Intel for its own chips, not just in the lower-end Macs, but in all Macs.  If they can achieve both the performance and software compatibility, there's really no reason not to.    Wouldn't want to be the owner of Intel stock if that ever happens (wait a minute...my mutual funds do hold Intel stock), although from a unit standpoint, Macs are a relatively small part of Apple's game these days. Among the many...
There is absolutely nothing in the net neutrality proposals that affects how much an ISP can charge its customers.    If you don't have net neutrality, every web site in existence is going to be held hostage by the ISPs.   I can see it now:  getting an email from each of the major ISPs telling me if I want my web sites to be in the "fast lane", I have to pay so much per year, otherwise the sites from the big companies will have priority.     The web was created out of...
 Of course they're incapable.   How do you know whether raw chicken has been left out unrefrigerated or whether someone used a knife on raw poultry and then used that same knife to cut your sandwich resulting in salmonella poisoning?    How would you know whether the refrigerator where the meat is stored is at the right temperature or whether the frozen food has freezer burn or whether the kitchen is infested with mice or not?  Or whether grease from the range hood isn't...
It is exactly what we need.    Would you rather AT&T or Verizon control your service based upon how much money other conglomerates are willing to pay them?
People will do it anyway, just as there are tons of perverts who attempt to take photos of people in public restrooms.    But that's not necessarily the primary reason for regulation.    In an age of paranoia, people will be afraid that these things will be carrying small bombs.   And in spite of the heavy use of street cameras in most urban areas now, these will be so obvious that people will get angry about what they perceive to be a new invasion of privacy, even if they...
It irritates me no end to see you think that everyone needs to buy a new phone every year.   While good for Apple's revenues, it's wasteful, bad for the environment and otherwise ridiculous.    Apple knows what the basic technical strategy for new OS' are going to be at least a year in advance (if not longer).   They shouldn't be selling phones that don't have enough memory to support the next OS, especially because the memory is not user upgradable.    The current models...
The code names. keeping new equipment in a locked room and limiting access is nothing new - Apple's been doing it for decades.   I was leading software development at a company back in the early Apple ][ days and we had to to sign the same type of agreements with Apple.   What they didn't have back then were huge fines or audit charges if you violated the agreement.   Somehow I don't think the corporate lawyers would have been willing to let us sign that.