or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I don't have a problem being forced onto SSDs when they come in storage amounts equivalent to what you can get on an HD and when they're close in price.   I've switched out the hard drive twice on my late-2008 MBP.   It now has a 750MB HD of which I've used 475MB, but if I were doing it again, I'd go with either 1 or 2 TB and I'm pretty good about getting rid of redundant files, old versions, etc.  For people who don't create much of their own content, a smaller SSD is...
 As the article states, Microsoft did have a pop-up store in Times Square for a short time.   I visited that store and was surprised at how bad it looked and felt as compared to an Apple store and I'm someone who has stated that I don't see the big deal about Apple stores - it's just equipment sitting on top of parsons tables with glass images on the walls.     But in comparison, the Microsoft store seemed like a 99 cent store - it seemed cheap and as if it was created for...
Even aside from the issue of Siri understanding what that means, I spoke your sentence on my iPhone (in Mail) and got the following:"I want a 20 piece chicken heads with spicy coconut shavings Supligen Normas Coke with extra thick pancake batter drizzle." Now I actually think that's not too bad, but if you constantly have to manually correct Siri instructions, it's not going to be all that useful, which is the experience most people have today. As far as whether it needs...
 There have been plenty of buildings built, including the Javits Convention Center in NYC, that did not include the concept of cleaning windows into the original design.    I wonder if the designers of this building have thought of it.   That's a lot of glass to clean, but it's going to look pretty bad if they don't keep it clean. 
 1.  According to another posting above, this report was bogus anyway and Apple's products are not banned from government purchases. 2.  Your idea wouldn't work anyway. 3.  It's not necessary (or even desirable) to raise wages to U.S. levels because that wouldn't be the equivalent wage anyway since the cost of living is different.   If you wanted to equalize wages, the way to do it would be to create a "basket" of commonly bought items and equalize wages based upon the...
No, because the "captains of the world", who are travelling on their company's dime, couldn't care less about how much per minute they're spending.   To satisfy their own ego and to convince themselves that they're working all the time, they would constantly be on their phones during a flight.   Frankly, I'd rather sit next to a crying baby than to someone on their phone.   If they need so badly to communicate with someone, they can send texts or an email.    It's bad...
Not buying Verizon's position on this. This is seller's regret: they now regret that they sold unlimited data plans and have grandfathered them. The problem with throttling is that it makes the task you're trying to accomplish impossible. If they throttle you while you're streaming music, the music hiccups or stops playing. It's not just that if you send an email, it takes four seconds instead of two seconds, which would be acceptable. If Verizon gets away with...
If that were true, then just about everything Ive has ever done is wrong.  You don't think Apple consistently applies form over function? You may think that it's not rational to use style when making a purchasing decision, but billions of people see value in style and if they perceive such value then I think it's unfair to claim that they're not rational as you would have to claim that most people in the western world (at least) are not rational in their purchasing...
 It may have been true at one time that more creative people were drawn to Apple's products, but as Apple hit the mass market and all types of people from all types of backgrounds, careers and political allegiances now use Apple's products, this is no longer true.    This site proves that many Apple products are used by notoriously uncreative (and some not so intelligent) people. Correlation does not imply causation. Maybe terrorists wear cheaper clothes made of polyester,...
 If you're referring to the ear plugs which come with an iPhone, I never used those until recently, when my Sennheiser headset stopped working (they always eventually short out, due to poor plug construction and wires that are too small).   I was actually surprised as to how good they do sound.  Very crisp, clean high end, and if you stick them all the way in, even pretty decent tight bass, which isn't easy in an ear plug.  Quite the opposite sound of Beats headphones...