or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

While I agree with your example of hiring a plumbing company for your house, it's quite a different situation when a large company hires a large contractor for a commercial job.   Companies do put in their contracts that their contractors must meet certain minimal standards or be unionized.   Apple has a choice when choosing contractors and there's no reason why they can't demand that their contractors pay decent wages.    I'm sure Apple makes their contractors sign very...
These are not indispensable functions - they're "nice to haves", not "musts". 1.  Cars:   There are already security issues with keyless ignitions and key fobs.   So not everyone is going to want to unlock their car with their phone and take the chance that they'll run out of power and won't be able to unlock it.   So even if they use their phone for this, they'll still take their car keys. 2.  Home and Work Doors:  a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.   Most...
Except that they didn't lower the monthly plan price once you fulfilled the two-year contract period so it didn't 'feel like' you were ever paying for the phone, aside from the upfront $200 or $300 charge.   And the current plans without the phone are more expensive (or have less data) than the grandfathered unlimited data AT&T plan that I've been holding on to.   So I feel like I was "getting something".    I don't mind a plan where the phone cost is explicit and you're...
All correct.    This canard that Apple can only be successful if everyone upgrades every year is completely absurd.    Personally (not that what any one person does means anything), I have upgraded every 2-3 years.    Do we drive down auto-maker stocks because people don't buy a new car every year?     I think sales have the potential to decline, but not so much because there's not enough new functionality in the phone, but because Verizon (and others will probably follow)...
And how about health issues?   PVC pipe was also seen as a low-cost alternative to copper and lead pipe and it turned into a health disaster.     But I think I once lived in a modern three-family condo that while it still used copper plumbing was designed with dedicated tubes to different parts of the building.    
While I agree that I'd want to sample it before I buy it, it's only expensive as compared to a typical "big-box store" shower head.   It's not expensive as compared to designer shower heads which can easily cost $600 to several thousand dollars.    Shocking, but true.    Even standard brands, like Kohler, can be expensive.    As just one example, go to the link.   $3570 for a shower head and controls....
Except it's at over 119 right now (3:18 pm EDT). These fund managers change their minds every day so that they can occasionally be coincidentally correct.   If Apple stock isn't worth what it once was, then what is?    Just about every other company in the world dreams of Apple's numbers.    Unfortunately, I didn't react quickly enough.  I should have bought some more when it was unnaturally down.   The emotionalism and herd mentality on Wall Street is absurd.  Something...
Actually, most places don't have specific regulations/laws about drones yet.   In some cities, they can't be used near airports or they can't fly about 200 feet, but that's about it.   I think regulations/laws are coming because people are so paranoid about the drones.   While I wouldn't be necessarily opposed to licensing/insurance in places that have large populations, as long as the licensing is simple and inexpensive, there's not much yet.   But I'm amazed that using...
There are some things that should not be made into musicals or operas and this is one of them.   But having said that:   Don't cry for me, Apple Insider Don't worry about my reputation I had lots of fame Though they thought me insane You thought my reality distortion field was totally real.   And as for ego, and as for fame I never invited them in Though it seems to the world they were all I desired They are illusions Intel's not the solution it promised to...
No one is asking anyone to hire anyone who is not qualified.   What they're asking is that people not be disqualified because of subtle racism disguised as an evaluation of the qualifications and that companies do outreach to try to hire a diversified workforce.   As I wrote in an earlier post, people tend to hire people who are just like themselves because they can better relate to them and they think they'll "be a team player" because the team is just like them as well....