or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

No one is stepping on your rights as no one is forcing you go change your gender or have sex with someone of the same gender.   No one is forcing you to be with or marry someone of your own gender.   And I would argue (and most experts on the issue would agree) that the fundamentals of how one identifies with gender only has slightly to do with the physical sex organs one was born with.   Almost all people who are transsexual knew from a very young age that they felt of...
There may be some legit reasons to monitor Apple's approach to this business, but none of the reasons listed are legitimate.  In fact, they're all absurd and sound like an Onion article.   I'm really surprised that Franken is on board for this because he's a pretty smart guy.   As far as Apple already having credit card info for the masses, so what?   So does Amazon and many other e-commerce vendors.    They're really going after Apple because Apple can make it slightly...
Yes, but IMO, the Supreme Court got it wrong.   (The Supreme Court does get things wrong from time to time, no?)    And while it will be many years from now, I bet a future Supreme Court will change that ruling and/or Congress will eventually intervene.     And regardless of what the court ruled, IMO, Apple is foolish not to compensate its workers for this time because it's things like this that infuriate workers and could eventually lead them to bring in a union,...
At least in the U.S. market, I would expect that iPhone sales WILL decline without MAJOR tech improvements as the phone companies phase out phone subsidies.   Even if they don't phase them out, there will simply be less of a reason to spend another $200-$300 on a new phone after two years because the newer model isn't going to provide much more than the past one did. Almost $50 billion in revenue and people are complaining.   Total insanity.   I hear that if Apple has a...
All that matters is that language.   Nothing else anyone has brought up matters including the fact that the woman is a klutz.   And that language allows Apple to provide a refurbished phone.   All that one can argue is that the particular refurbished phone that they received was NOT the equivalent to new in performance and reliability, but unless they can demonstrate that their phone did not look new when they received it or that the "refurbished" battery wouldn't last as...
Fair enough, but if I was an employee who felt ripped-off by the practice and I joined the class-action lawsuit and I wound up with a check for $18 and the lawyers got $millions, I'd be pretty pissed.    But I still think this lawsuit will get thrown out, based on prior court rulings.   While I disagree with the practice as I've noted in previous posts, there are for more egregious practices out there (not at Apple):  employees not getting paid overtime wages, employers...
While I agree that Apple should pay the employees for their time going through the bag search, the employees will probably once again lose in court - didn't some higher court already rule on this?   And as others have posted, even when such lawsuits are successful, the employees get next to nothing and the lawyers get to keep all the money.   I gets tons of legal notices over stock lawsuits and if you get anything, it usually winds up being something like 6 cents a share -...
They should provide a way to combine Apple ID accounts.    
No it's not.   For a very long time after the Mac was released, most of Apple's revenue was still coming from the Apple II.  That's when Apple came out with the "Apple II forever" marketing campaign.    The iPod is not driving Apple's profits - quite the opposite.   That's not to say that I think they should stop making it.   It still makes sense for those people who want a high capacity music player that's not a phone, although as more and more people move to streaming...
   Even when companies own their own buildings/land, they tend to either sell them to a third party and lease them back or form their own real-estate company and lease it back from that company.     Due to accounting and tax issues, it seems to make more economic sense.   And unless the economy takes a big nosedive in localities where these firms exist, it's unlikely that real-estate prices are going down anytime soon.    What's the percentage of empty Class-A office space...