or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

The code names. keeping new equipment in a locked room and limiting access is nothing new - Apple's been doing it for decades.   I was leading software development at a company back in the early Apple ][ days and we had to to sign the same type of agreements with Apple.   What they didn't have back then were huge fines or audit charges if you violated the agreement.   Somehow I don't think the corporate lawyers would have been willing to let us sign that.
This is not a mass-market appeal blockbuster movie.   This movie, no matter how good it is, is not going to gross a lot of revenue.   His fee for this movie will be relatively small.    Nothing wrong with that, in fact it deserves respect. Some A-list actors won't make a small film because they feel it sets a precedence that will lower their fee for the next film.   
And sometimes focusing only on the company causes one to make serious critical business errors.   If you don't have a real life and interact with real people, you don't know how real people live or what their needs are.    I'd rather have someone designing my products who may not be an obsessive-compulsive and knows what it's like to have a family and friends who they spend time with and someone who has an active cultural life.   If you spend all your time with geeks, then...
Exactly.  I'm so glad I haven't updated.   I'll wait for a .1 or .2 update.    I simply don't need the grief.   Over all the decades, the only major bug I ever experienced after a major OS upgrade caused every Apple application not to work properly.   After two weeks of diagnosis both with and without Apple's help, I discovered it was a font that worked perfectly fine in the previous OS, but the new OS didn't like it and killed every Apple app even if that font was never...
How about the most important feature for Outlook:   making sync work again.    Before iCloud, sync services would sync Outlook's address book and calendar with Apple's apps and then those apps would sync with your phone.    But unless there's some magic setup formula I'm missing, you can have iCloud or you can have sync, but you can't have both.      If they don't restore sync, I'm probably going to dump Outlook one of these days, even though I prefer it to Mail....
Maybe he just sees Apple's role as what Steve always said he wanted Apple to be:   a company that changed the world.    And since Apple (under either Jobs or Cook) has never publicly endorsed a political candidate (AFAIK), I don't see how you can say that this is about politics.   Basic civil rights and well-being, whether we're talking about gays having the same rights everyone else has or trying not to further harm the environment here or elsewhere is not political, even...
That's not what I said or implied.   Without government involvement in marriage, you either don't have a legal status of marriage or you only have religious marriage (unless you turn the administration of marriage over to some private company, which I'm sure purist capitalists would love.)    Since there are laws and associated rights around marriage, which is the primary reason why LBGT couples need the right to marry, Government is always going to be involved in some...
And no religion should have to marry a gay couple if that violates their beliefs (IMO) - if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to be a member of that religion. But there are civil marriages and there's supposed to be separation of church and state.   Therefore, if a gay couple wants to get married, they should be able to.    People used to use the bible to claim that interracial marriage should be banned.   People said it violated their religious beliefs.  Today we...
No.  Audio can always be better and you can't say that better audio would be a negative.    Audio is amazing considering how incredibly tiny the transducers are, but it's still lacking in what good, full frequency response audio should sound like.  While it's true that a headset can be plugged in for better audio, there would be nothing wrong and everything good about getting better audio directly out of the device.   
Exactly. And we all know how AOL chat rooms deteriorated and were abandoned and there were probably far less trolls on the web back then.