or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

While optional, one more intrusion into our privacy. And I find it hard to believe that they won't save this data and create a rating service out of it, since Facebook's sample sizes will be far larger than anything Nielson does. So one more way for Facebook to make money out of privacy intrusion. But most people who use Facebook probably won't care. People are frequently post every trivial aspect of their lives and don't mind tell us where they are at any given...
 While I agree that curation is extremely important and still a weak point of the entire digital music industry and associated streaming and other services, that's not the perception of the general public.   They're still swayed by the service with the "most" tracks just as they're swayed by the bookstore with the most books.    I believe that's a problem and is one of the reasons why music sales are in the dumper (less than half of their 1999 peak):   nothing has come...
It's not that I like Beats products, but I think it's absurd that people, many of whom have never accomplished anything in their lives and even if they have, know very little about business, are telling Apple, probably the most successful consumer company of all time, how to run their business.    I also think it's laughable that their main complaint is that Beats is a fashion statement.    Apple, with their priority of industrial design over functionality (doesn't want a...
I just downloaded it and while it would have been even better if it had supported non-Roman languages, I think this is an incredible app and I don't care who owns it. Seeing as even the in-app purchases are currently free, it's even better. My only concern about using Google-owned apps is the personal information they collect. And if Google stopped it from working on iOS devices and instead made it part of Android, obviously that would be a bad thing for iOS...
 I've still got mine also.   Mine was published by Addison-Wesley and has a 1986 and 1987 copyright (ISBN 0-201-17753-6).   While the screens within all look pretty clunky, the basic concepts of a GUI are so well expressed ("you select something, then take an action on it") that I still find it useful when managing coders who have never really formally studied UI and just design on instinct.    
What hasn't yet been mentioned is that this is not just about image - it's about an already branded avenue to streaming and it's a way to diversify the hardware accessory line.   Margins on accessories are far higher than computers and phones for both the manufacturer and especially, the retailer.   Ask any electronics retailer what they make their money on and they'll tell you extended warranties, cables, batteries, headphones and the like.   Used to be printer ink as...
Maybe, but not necessarily.   It just might be dripping with "oldness". He probably still listens to Mantovani and Perry Como records and he thinks Chubby Checker is a wild new act. 
And kill battery life for no good reason.
 A lonely security guard might stop someone from using a hammer or tool to break into a store, but it probably wouldn't stop anyone from smashing their car through the gates, as in the video and it would probably put the guard in great danger, if not from the car, from any weapons these idiots might be carrying.    Best way to stop these kinds of attacks, as per my other post, is to brick the stolen devices and go all out to catch the thieves and publicize all.   Kill the...
How about better security cameras so that the license plates could actually be read so the thieves could be tracked down? Or bricking all the machines that have been stolen the first time they attempt a software update, a sync or go to an Apple website?