or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

IMO, the only problem with the free U2 album was the fact that you couldn't simply swipe it away on your phone.   I really think people over-reacted to getting a free album from a major band, whether one liked the band or not.    Personally, after listening to it once, I decided I would never listen to it again and used the tool to delete it, but I was more bemused than angry about it.    From all the hate, you'd think that by pushing it to one's phone, they wiped out your...
I doubt this will happen.    AT&T's sales in Apple stores would drop like a stone, especially if Verizon didn't respond in-kind.    And if it does happen, expect it to revert back quickly after it backfires.    AT&T's retail sucks.   I'm grandfathered into an unlimited data plan with AT&T and when I was considering buying the iPhone6 long after my previous 2-year contract with AT&T was up, the AT&T sales reps gave me a really hard time and told me that I was no longer...
If you can receive reception, over-the-air digital reception is generally superior to many (but not all) cable or satellite systems because the over-the-air signal is not compressed.   But digital broadcast TV has lower powered signals than its analog counterpart and especially out of the primary reception area, it's all or nothing.  With analog TV, you might have gotten a really bad picture, but you'd get something.     Line-of-sight is also much more important with...
That can't easily be done either.   When a commercial is made under a union contract, the unions want separate payments for the spots that are also streamed.   That's why when you listen to certain commercial radio stations on the stream, there are sometimes huge blanks or alternate programming where the commercials go.   They have to take them out.  But there shouldn't be such a problem with doing deals with OTA local channels if the FCC considers Apple to be an MSO, same...
I was in an Apple Store last week and put my finger under the watch. It claimed my pulse rate was 163 bpm. I was excited to see the watch, but not that excited. think I'd be dead of that were the case. I don't know if the OS update had been run on those watches and I don't know if there is any kind of calibration procedure, but that number was obviously way wrong. My pulse rate is normally in the 70s.
Look, I think expectations have become completely absurd.   Consumer electronics used to take a year to sell just one million units.   It took DVD 21 months to sell one-million units.  CD players took 28 months as did MP3 players.   DVRs took 53 months.  VCRs took 58 months.   It took cable TV 144 months before one million people subscribed.  The first iPad did it in 28 days which completely changed our perception of what constitutes success. Let's take the lower end of...
I don't get it.  The i7 wasn't part of the base configuration.   You had to pay $200 extra for it.  So I don't see how they could move you to the new machine without also giving you $200 back.   I also wonder why the new machine doesn't have the i7 option since the $2300 model does. 
It's very simple.   There's nothing new to announce.   The new lower-priced iMacRetina is just the existing machine with a slower processor and a non-Fusion drive.         And the new 15" MacBook Pros are the old machines + Force Touch, which already exist in the 13" models.     So I'm sure when Tim summarizes where Apple is at, he'll mention that the whole MacBook Pro line + the MacBook is now Force Touch, but it would have been laughable to highlight these machines...
Well, that's how they got the price down on the new $1999 model.   If you want to upgrade it from the 1TB Serial ATA to the 1TB Fusion, it's an extra $200.    And I guess they think the 3.5Gig processor is worth an extra $100.   So that's how you get to the existing model that just dropped from $2399 to $2299.      If you want a 1TB Flash drive, they're charging an extra $1000 on the lower model and an extra $800 on the upper model.     One can buy a 2.5" or 3.5" hybrid...
If it's announced Wednesday instead of at WWDC, that implies that these are very minor updates.