or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

With the possible exception of being able to program a lock to permit access for a limited period of time, like a delivery or an installer, it seems to me that all of these locks are an extremely complex solution with multiple failure points to a non-issue. I see these as Rube Goldberg machines. And I certainly would be concerned about hacking and security. What do insurance companies think about these locks - will they still give you homeowners insurance if you use...
While I'm in the correct time period, my iPhone serial # doesn't qualify.   But my battery life is indeed far less than when the phone was new, although it's not doing the "dies at 50%" thing that other posters have mentioned.   My 2-year contract will be up right around the time the new iPhones will be available, but if Apple had replaced my battery, I probably would have waited another year to replace it.    Aside from screen size, I'm not expecting anything so...
124 x 59mm I can believe.  That's about the size of the iPhone5.   But 158 x 78mm is absurdly huge, even for a phablet.   An iPad Mini is 200mm x 135mm.    
 Within a few years, 1080p on TVs is going to seem like low resolution (and just for the record, there are no 1080p broadcasts - everyone is still broadcasting in either 1080i or 720p).   4K displays (which should really be called 2K displays, since they're actually 3840x2160) and within a few years 8K displays will become the standard.    Having said that, I agree that on a 5" or 6" screen, you won't see any difference for photos and videos.  But where increased...
Marketing 101:  Sell benefits, not features. Making you think that the teen was socially disengaged was the entire point.        But there is a problem (IMO) with the spot:   while it was beautiful emotionally, it could have been for almost any manufacturer's phone.  It sells the concept of a smartphone more than it sells the iPhone.   And that's a problem with a lot of Apple's recent spots.   About the best you can say about the recent spots is that they attempt to imply...
And when you get the paperwork in the mail, all you do is notify them back that you don't wish to be included in the class.    You don't have to sue anybody.   This is common procedure in all class action lawsuits.
 Yeah, but there's almost always some settlement because it's very expensive to defend this even when it has no merit.  But the lawyers get almost all the money and the shareholders get almost nothing.   For stocks that I own, I get these class action lawsuit settlement documents in the mail all the time.   If you get anything, it usually works out to about 7 cents a share, and 99% of the time, it's not worth my time to fill out the paperwork and provide proof of the stock...
Oh, please..it's not a cash-in.    It's a well known fact for better or worse that the death of an artist increases interest in their work and therefore, sales of their work.   It doesn't matter if one is a visual artist, actor or musician.    While it's true that we sometimes tend to take more of an interest when a long-term artist dies than when they're still around, it has nothing to do with capitalism or a money rip-off.  It's just human nature.   Such interest takes...
I don't understand why you find that surprising.   Racial slurs become points of sensitivity.    Racists have frequently used the image of the monkey or the ape to depict black people.   Once that happens, the stereotype becomes something to be avoided.   It's not a racial slur for white people to be called an ape.  It is a racial slur for black people, just like being called "cheap" is a slur to Jews.   
  I don't have a problem being forced onto SSDs when they come in storage amounts equivalent to what you can get on an HD and when they're close in price.   I've switched out the hard drive twice on my late-2008 MBP.   It now has a 750MB HD of which I've used 475MB, but if I were doing it again, I'd go with either 1 or 2 TB and I'm pretty good about getting rid of redundant files, old versions, etc.  For people who don't create much of their own content, a smaller SSD is...