or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

So there's no drivetrain, suspension system, brakes, robust car body, impact zone, airbags, cooling system, etc.   All items of which Apple has absolutely no experience or core competency.     A car is not a video simulation.   Apple recently produced a phone that bends if one keeps it in a tight pants pocket.   Apple has produced phones in which the screen frequently cracks when dropped from a height of 3-4 feet (although mine dropped onto a concrete subway platform and...
When they make an iPhone or other device that only needs to be charged once a week, they might gain some credibility that they can build a car that doesn't need to be charged after every short trip.  And rumor has it that the Apple Watch might not even last a day without needing to be recharged.  I'm with Benjamin Frost on this one.   Electric cars as a mass market device don't work with the tech we have available today.   And I'm not sure how, as great a company as Apple...
So, essentially, in the name of "image", you're proposing that Staples discriminate on the basis of age and weight (which, by the way, is illegal).   Do you think out of work actors/actresses are going to want to work at Staples?    I also have no idea why you think someone's age or weight has anything to do with their ability to understand technology.   I work with plenty of older and overweight programmers, business analysts, tech project managers, etc.    And I never...
So Apple (and other companies) get sued for allegedly agreeing to not poach employees from each other and now Apple gets sued for allegedly poaching employees?   And they only poached the employees after the company was in bankruptcy.   Of course the employees wanted to leave.       What's wrong with this picture?   In spite of ever-increasing evidence, I still find it really hard to believe that Apple wants to produce and sell a car.    
 AppleInsider presents news about Apple regardless of whether one is a "fan" or not. There's nothing wrong with criticizing Apple or providing an opinion based on an analysis of the marketplace as long as that opinion is backed by critical thinking and documented facts.
Don't be ridiculous.   Until Apple Pay is accepted at 100% of places that accept credit/debit cards, including ATMs, even iPhone users will still have to carry credit and/or debit cards.   Just because one's contract is up, doesn't mean that they upgrade to a new phone.   I reached two years in my contract in November, but I think I'm keeping my iPhone 5, skipping over the 6 and will hold out for the 7.   And although fanboys might not want to realize this, there are...
Yes, but that doesn't mean that Apple is perfect or never makes mistakes.   And there's a difference between sales success and quality (eat at McDonald's to see how that works).   Although it wasn't Tim's, remember the Mac G4 Cube?   My son-in-law does Mac support for a production house and they see lots of Macs that are dead out of the box.   And on existing Macs, they see lots of drive and video failures.   (Of course all that keeps him employed, so it's not all...
I think many of you are over-thinking this.  While there's many ways Apple could go, I think the most likely scenario is that there's a separate counter with stools where you try on the watches.   Might that be in a new separate area of the store behind glass and be a bit fancier?  Maybe.    I suppose since they're also talking about seating, it's possible that there are some fancy chairs or couches and a sales person works with customers 1-on-1 and brings out trays of...
While I think the ever-taller skyscrapers in Manhattan are horrible primarily because they're reducing the amount of light hitting the street, the downside of low-height development is that it takes more ground space and therefore, you lose more greenery.      Biographies of Disney that I've read seem to indicate that while he was initially happy with the plans for Disney World because they were buying enough land to control space around the park and to accomplish what...
Actually it is uncommon, because almost all live music is ridiculously amplified and processed with the possible exception of classical music in a decent hall.Even most shows on Broadway are processed and mixed to rock band levels.  And no one seems to understand the benefit of dynamic range anymore.    Not too many years ago I was in a club and the opening act was a solo flute player.   You'd think that they couldn't blow (sic) that, but the sound mixer blasted the flute...