or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I don't know why you'd even quote Dvorak. Although I haven't read him in a number of years, he is incredibly wrong far more often than he he's right and he was almost always wrong about Apple. You could do a comedy routine with quotes from Dvorak about Apple. Here are just two, but I'm sure with a bit of research, one could easily find 100: March 28, 2007: "Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone" Commentary: Company risks its reputation in competitive...
It's not the electricity you have to be worried about, it's the radiation.
What's the point?   In the concept, the part of the screen that bends would normally be flat.  It's not like it really goes around the sides.    It just takes screen area away from the front, rather than adding it.        A wrap-around screen might make sense if it truly wraps around the entire phone.    You'd do certain type of activities on the front and certain on the back.    But the phone would have to know which side you're looking at so that it ignored touches on...
Although non-intuitive, you're absolutely right.   Here's an example. Company 1  Profit: $10,000Company 2  Profit: $12,000Company 3  Profit: $2,000Company 4  Profit -$10,000Company 5  Profit -$300Company 6  Profit -$200 Total industry profit is $13,500.     Company 1 has $10,000/$13,500 = 74.1% of industry profits.Company 2 has $12,000/$13,500 = 89.9% of industry profits.  Together, they have 163% of industry profits.
I don't think that's for people to just drop in -- I think that's for visitors with professional business and pre-defined appointments with Apple people. I think noise is going to be a really big issue if it's really designed like the stores, as the article states.   The noise level in the big stores (like the Lincoln Center store in NYC) is really high because of all the hard surfaces.   You need something to absorb sound aside from the human bodies.   As beautiful as it...
 There's a difference between a commission and a spiff.   A spiff is paid by the manufacturer and is a fixed amount.   A commission is paid by the store and is usually a percentage, although the percentage can vary per product. Back in the 1970s, I sold audio equipment and some products had spiffs.   The running inside joke in the store was that the customers would ask about specs and we'd say something like, "it's 40 watts per channel at under 1/10th of 1% total harmonic...
They can either accept a lower margin or increase the price of the products to their true market value.     And most of the workers don't even get $2 an hour.    As for Labor Unions, in 2012, only 6.6% of private sector workers were in a union.     (35.9% of public sector workers were in a union).  The numbers are probably lower now because union membership has been consistently declining year after year.   So let's not go blaming labor unions for all the perceived...
And robots don't buy any company's products.    If you take away the jobs of everyone, then they'll be no one to buy the products made in these automated factories (except for the executives, of course).   How about we replace you with a robot? When Apple used to have factories in the U.S., they managed them themselves.  And I believe that was also true at the factory in Ireland.   Instead of Flextronics running the U.S. factory for the MacPro, Apple should have run it...
That's absolutely correct.    Before Feist, there was a "sweat of brow" doctrine where copyright could be acquired by virtue of the fact that compiling and publishing the factual data required a lot of work and resources.   Feist threw that out.    When Feist went into effect, I was an exec for a b-to-b database publisher of metadata.   Feist kind of freaked us out, although there were still certain aspects of our data that could maintain copyright.    We started...
While I agree with  you, because most people don't want to spend substantial money for light bulbs, it's penny-wise and pound-foolish.   Assuming that the BR30s last even longer than traditional BR30s, that can easily be 10 years.    I renovated my kitchen 20 years ago and I'm only on my second set of bulbs. But more important than that, you have to look at the energy savings.    If you have 5 100 watt BR30s, let's say, in a kitchen that are on five hours a day, that's...