or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I don't think both the 13" MacBook Air and the 13" Mac Book Pro survive.   As the MBP gets thinner and lighter, there's no reason for the Air to exist unless there can be a huge price differentiation.   I actually think that's why they called the new iPad, the iPad Air - it replaces most uses of the MacBook Air for those people who mostly consume media and use simple apps.  I bet there's already substantial erosion of 13" MB Air sales to the iPad. I also don't quite...
No problems on my iPhone5. At 2am, it changed to 1am. There might be a setting somewhere as to whether DST is turned in or not. If it's off and you changed the time for DST, it wouldn't have changed back this morning.
You generally cannot capitalize salaries.    You can capitalize freelancers and outside contractors.  
Al Gore never actually claimed that he invented the internet - he just used clumsy language: See this:  http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
  Well, I think you're both right.   Physics are physics and to get good audio, especially low frequencies, you have to push a lot of air and tiny speakers can never push a lot of air.   On the other hand, Apple has been sacrificing function for form and I'm in the court that says that Apple's obsession with form over function has gone too far.   We do actually use the computers, they're not just an art object.   I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but assuming...
It's typical.  Analysts and the press used to do the same thing with Windows PCs vs. Macs, even though Windows PCs were manufactured by dozens of manufacturers.    They used to report it as if Microsoft made all those machines. As for the iPad itself,  even comparing iPad sales to other Pad sales of each manufacturer doesn't mean all that much.    The reality is that the majority of the world can't afford this stuff and they're going to buy the cheapest device, even if...
Well..it's proof they're working on something beyond the incremental improvements we've seen in the last two years.    Or it means that someone is wasting a hell of a lot of money.   But I've always suspected that Apple is working on a lot more than they've ever let on, especially considering the amount of employees who will occupy the new spaceship while Apple is still keeping the old campus.    You don't need that number of employees to reduce the bezel size on an iPad...
The time management aspects look pretty good: being able to give a key or phone access to a repair or delivery person just for a certain time is certainly a positive. But aside from that, if you still have to carry a fob because there's always a chance that the batteries in the unit will fail, then what's the point? Might as well carry a mechanical key. And you know that this thing is eventually going to get hacked.
I would not give analysts the credence of being a Van Gogh.   Having said that, market share has and always will be a major factor in the analysis of companies.    But having said that, in spite of all the tools now at their disposal, I think analysts have gotten less sophisticated and dumber when they harp on market share to the detriment of everything else, especially profit, return on investment and p/e ratio. The problem is that Apple, once perceived as the BMW of the...
I think the criticism is that even though the improvements are worthy and it's a great device being sold in unprecedented numbers and was revolutionary when first introduced, these iOS, form factor and performance improvements are evolutionary changes, not revolutionary changes.    I agree that most other consumer electronic companies have never made revolutionary changes or if they have, they've managed to do it only once.   I think Apple has spoiled everyone as to what's...