or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

That's true in the Lincoln Square store in Manhattan as well.    It's all large spaces and all hard surfaces: the tables are wood, the floors are concrete, the walls are stone and the ceiling and fronts are glass.    There's absolutely nothing to absorb sound (aside from customers).    When the first phone with Siri was released, I went in there to try it out and it was impossible, due to the noise.     They need to put up cloth acoustic panels on the walls in random...
I don't get it.  Why would it stink early in the morning when the store was (presumably) closed all night?   Shouldn't it stink more during the day or late in the day after it's been filled with people in a relatively warm climate?    Do they have minimum wage security guards sitting in the store at night who might not be able to afford to clean their uniforms often enough?   Aside from that possibility, if it stinks early in the morning, it's probably not body odor -...
I'm not aware of any phones with a drive.    Memory and Storage is the same in a phone, no?
 I have one of those also.  The security is fantastic:  if someone tries to steal my iPhone, I smack them in the head with the model 500.    Stops 'em every time!    The other advantage of the model 500 is that it doesn't heat up.   Best UI out there.   Works without power.   But I got the deluxe modification that changes the dial to an 'operator dial' so that I can dial faster (it has a spring loaded much faster return).   When I use the 500, I've NEVER had my contacts...
I would love to have "Hal" as my Siri voice.  
While I haven't been in MA lately, whenever retailers ask me for my ZIP code, I simply tell them, "you don't need it." No one has ever insisted that I give it to them. However, when using a credit card in a terminal (such as a gas pump), if it recognizes that I'm far from home, it does usually ask me for my ZIP. Apple is so secretive, I have a really hard time believing that even if they collected this info that they would sell it to anybody. I'm sure that they just...
According to the original post, he stated absolutely no sales specifics or projections.    He can say he's "optimistic".    
Unless there's something that Apple isn't revealing, I don't understand why the FTC got involved.   Seems to me that Apple was already doing the right thing and the court agreed.      I'm not an Apple fanboy and I criticize Apple when I believe they're in the wrong, but how many other companies would have contacted everyone by email (instead of waiting for customer service complaints) who had made a purchase and then, when emails bounced back, notified people with...
I would have thought that Apple would have innovated more and instead of using SMPTE time code (not that there's anything wrong with that), would have created software that analyzed the images and automatically tied clips together that were the same except for a slight offset in angle.
That's true except that in the movie industry, the full 4096 x 2160 that the projectors are capable of isn't generally actually used.  In 4K projectors, 1.85:1 movies are projected at 3996x2160 and widescreen movies are projected at 4096x1716.   There is an option in the Sony 4K projector to blow up the 1716 to 2160 in the projector and then use a 1.25x anamorphic lens in projection, but almost no theatre does that because they don't want to change lenses and the Sony...