or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

He probably meant 50 to 90 minutes a week (10 to 15 minutes a day if the worker worked 5 days a week).  If 90 minutes a week and the worker was on the job 50 weeks per year, that's 75 hours or $18.67 per hour, which sounds about right. The question is, what's reasonable?   5 minutes a day, 10 minutes a day, 20 minutes a day?    My personal feeling is that once a worker is on premises and is ready for work within the worker's scheduled working hours, they should be...
While I agree that the lawsuit is a bit silly, what the suit is primarily about is the amount of space lost when upgrading to the latest OS, although the plaintiff also bought a device with the latest OS.    I also noticed that I lost a lot of storage space with the last major upgrade and was a bit pissed about it.   I wound up removing some apps and music. My bet is that the plaintiff is someone who never deletes anything from his phone.  My son-in-law supports Apple...
No you don't.   We're over-populated enough (even though U.S. birthrates have now dropped below the replacement rate).   The last thing our modern economies need is more non-working people who also have extreme health care needs.  And it doesn't matter whether they're non-working by choice, because of health, because there aren't enough jobs to support them or because of agism.   If they're not working, most are going to have to be supported at least in part by working...
That's a disgusting mall and quite downscale compared to the expensive housing nearby. Very un-Apple like. And I actually doubt whether very many people who attend a Nets game or a concert go to the mall before or after.
Yes, except that at least you know when the drone is there because you can hear it or see it.   How about all the people living in those luxury high rises with floor to ceiling windows.   Almost every one I've ever seen has a telescope and at least in places like NYC, it's not for watching the stars, since there's only a few nights a year where you can see anything.    With a telescope (or for that matter with a super-telephoto lens, like the 800mm lenses frequently used...
I found it on my phone, which wasn't working (wouldn't charge) when I wrote this post.  It's working again now, but for some reason, that site is not in the history.    If I find it again, I'll post it.   But if you search "drone video african animals", you get some similar ones.   
While that will be the perception, I don't understand the problem.   If you walked onto that beach, you'd see a lot more, far closer up, than from the drone. Having said that, I think there are going to be bans against drones in cities and there already some regulations that they can't fly near airports or above 200 feet.   It doesn't take very many jerks who use drones inappropriately for people to get outraged about them.  While I don't know why anyone would want to look...
I hope that video was taken on a Sunday, because it didn't look like any actual construction was going on.       I also fail to understand why the auditorium is going to cost $161 million.   That seems incredibly excessive.   Prior reports said that it's going to have seating for 1000, so that's $161,000 per seat.    You should be able to construct a small house for each person for that.     And for big Apple press events, is 1000 seats anywhere near enough?    And even...
You're completely right - I forgot about those.   But I think Apple freaks get some kind of strange thrill using their phones to accomplish exactly the same thing (actually less, since your phone won't open your hotel room door or get you on Fast Pass).    (You obviously like the place, but I personally completely resent the notion that I'd have to wait more than 10 minutes for any ride or have to pay extra to get on a shorter line.   The place should have enough...
While all of that may be completely accurate, it doesn't really matter.   December 25th is the day that Christians choose to believe that Christ was born.   It's not about accuracy (what religion has anything accurate about it?), it's about the symbolism.    You could also say that it makes no sense to worship Christ or God on Sunday as opposed to some other day.    But so what?    I do agree that most Christians (at least most U.S. Christians) have no idea that December...