or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Seems to me that politicians are elected to accomplish something, not just to pontificate, especially if they're a legislator.  And if you are a legislator and you're unwilling to compromise, it's unlikely that you can get a single bill passed, even in a situation where your own party dominates.   So that's a recipe for doing exactly nothing except for being a loudmouth and "rallying the troops".   And it's our own fault because people don't want their legislators to...
$3 billion divided by 7000 vendors is only $428,571 average per vendor.  That's not really a lot of money, especially if one considers that the "top" vendors probably got most of the money which means that the bottom 3500 probably got only $100,000-$150,000 worth of business from Apple. 
 Yes, it's too bad Obama isn't as good a communicator as George W. Bush.  Bush never mangled words or sentences or thoughts.   And there hasn't been a President in half a century who didn't use a teleprompter.   Get real.    I think Obama was weak in some ways, but it's amazing he accomplished anything at all considering that from Day 1 of his presidency, Republicans declared that their mission was to see him fail.    And if you want to count the lies, I think Republicans...
 It's not a law, it's completely voluntary and it's harmless to Apple.    There's nothing wrong with a White House summit to "encourage" it.    It's the White House getting American companies involved and saying, "look, we have this problem - can you help these smaller companies out?"    It's not "taking orders" from the Obama administration - industry has certainly ignored and criticized the administration many times - especially the banks and other beneficiaries of the...
 It does not sacrifice margin.   It only sacrifices cash flow and with Apple's hoards of cash, they don't have to borrow money so holding payments back from suppliers doesn't do much for them. If Apple had decided this on their own, the fanboys would be cheering Apple's responsible stance.   Because this program of encouraging large companies to pay small companies faster was apparently government-driven, suddenly it's bad news because Obama was involved.    Total...
 Rational arguments:1.  Three-mile Island2.  Chernobyl3.  Fukushima Daiichi
 Do you really think that Apple hasn't investigated the options?   Don't you think that if a wind farm could be built less expensively and was as or more efficient in terms of generating electricity that Apple would have pursued that course? There also tends to be more public opposition to wind farms as people don't like the way they look, there are complaints about the noise and some bird lovers claim they kill too many birds.     Even the Kennedy family selfishly opposed...
 Thanks for posting this.   I don't understand all the "hate" for Gore.   A very decent man with some intellect, more than can be said for the vast majority of our other politicians. But even the Kahn/Cerf document you posted won't change the minds of most people here.    They have a story in their heads and then shape the facts to meet the demands of that story.      
 That's fine and it's fine for all the Apple fans to have decided that they "hate" Samsung, but the reality is that Samsung is the leader in TV and just about everyone else in the market is hurting badly and have cut back their TV lines.   I don't know whether or not Samsung makes any profit out of their TV business, but no one else does.   Samsung has killed Sony and Panasonic in this market, both of whom have cut back their lines.   Panasonic made great plasma TVs (as...
This is Apple's biggest fault:  They prioritize form over function.    Beautiful design and slimness is great, but it's worthless if you can't use the phone because the battery is dead.    What's going to sell more phones:  a slimmer phone or a longer battery life?  I'd gladly buy a thicker phone for longer battery life.    It's also a ridiculous compromise because most people put their phone into a case and once you do that, any semblance of its former thinness is...