or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

There's a YouTube video somewhere of two phones doing just that.
I agree - you wouldn't know.  Ten years ago, when I started to "age", I was looking for work and interviewed at a number of web firms and tech companies were I would have been the oldest person in the place.   No one seemed interested and I felt like there was definitely age bias involved, since I had a proven track record and felt more than qualified for the positions.   But then I did get a new gig and have worked continuously since.   So was it that I wasn't the best...
It is ridiculous to assume that Apple and other companies automatically hire the "best", regardless of race or gender.   There are many factors that go into hiring decisions and many of those are subjective.   People making the hiring decision tend to hire people they feel comfortable with and that either means people who are much like themselves or people who they think will "fit in with the team," which also frequently means people they can relate to.    Hiring managers...
There is somewhat of a precedence for this though.   When Disney bought into Florida to build Disney World, they did set up some kind of self-governing authority.   Now Florida does have far fewer regulations than California, and Disney built four decades ago, but it shows that it is possible.  From Wiki:
And making even more mistakes than a minimum wage worker. Siri's got a long way to go.  I would have thought there would have been vast and substantive improvements by now.   
Looking at their website, I'm not totally clear on their services:   are they doing all the manufacturing for the cars displayed - the MINI Countryman and Paceman, the Peugeot RCZ and the Mercedes Benz G class?  Or did they just provide services to design and/or set up the production lines in the respective car company's factories?    Hard for me to believe that Mercedes, for example, doesn't manufacture their own model.
If it were a private company, no problem.   But being a public company, it always has to grow or Wall Street will kill the stock.   Although Apple is obviously managed quite well, that's one of the problem with capitalism, because public companies look at the short term, not the long term.    They're obsessed with the next quarter or only the current fiscal year instead of five years from now. While I don't agree with the solution, this is one of the reasons why Hillary...
The average person in the U.S. actually now keeps their car for 12 years.    So in your view, that would be a good thing because those people are not going to give up their Apple phones (although that depends upon how tightly Apple locks down the system).   But it also means a very long replacement cycle.  But auto manufacturing is a very expensive business and you can't use that to drive (sic) the phone business.  I might be in the minority, but as I've said many times...
And this is why I think cord cutters are fooling themselves, as much as I'd like to cut the cord myself.   Most MSOs will charge you more for your internet access if you drop your cable TV subscription.   And if you start adding up the costs of separate subscriptions to each of these services, I think that on average, they'll come to more than a typical cable subscription, unless one is okay with losing access to a lot of shows.  And then there's the issue of bandwidth -...
While the authors are (supposedly) not government employees, what I feel this is about is the NSA's and FBI's failure to protect Americans from terrorist attacks (although we don't know what they might have stopped).   So while the recent attacks on the military recruiting centers as well as the racist attack at the AME Church and the loser who shot people at the movie theatre were not all the result of a foreign power or terrorist group,  all of these attacks should...