or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

This is why I usually wait a few weeks before upgrading.   The few times I upgraded immediately after an update was released I regretted it. One of the things that seemed to happen coincident with 10.9 is that using Outlook, I get constant connect errors when it goes out to get mail.  (My mail accounts are via my ISP and connected to websites that I run).      On the next try, it will work fine.   I spoke with my ISP's tech support and they claim there's nothing wrong with...
While some people make this political, it's not inherently about politics.  It's about basic human rights.   A company cannot ignore the society that it does business in.   If we look at just one issue, hiring great employees, the employees who want to work for a corporation take into consideration the environment the office or plant exists in.    That includes everything from housing prices in the community, whether there is local culture, interesting people, good...
Especially since Jesus was not born on what we celebrate as Christmas Day.  
Congratulations.    There aren't many people with your sincere understanding of what Christianity (and some other religions) is supposed to be about. Just as many conservatives criticize the new Pope, it is my sincere belief that if the Jesus we have come to believe existed was to return, he would be persecuted as a radical, leftist, Marxist 'nut'.    
 While I agree that there are false perceptions of Apple that sometimes negatively impact the share price, how do you account for the times when the share price is high?   It's really only the tech nerds who pay attention to this stuff.    For almost everyone else, it's almost a "conservative" vs. "liberal" argument:  you inherently either really like Apple or really hate Apple as a company and you either really like/hate Google as a company.   (There probably aren't the...
While one could make the argument that Steve wouldn't like a stamp because just about everything Apple did was to replace paper snail-mail, I like the idea because I think children need heroes other than athletes and badly behaving music stars and actors.   It's makes a statement that, "this guy was important".      I wonder how many couples would use a Steve Jobs stamp to send their wedding invitations.      I hope this is a commemorative, where you can buy plate...
Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about.    The cable channels cannot easily do deals with Apple for two reasons:  either they don't have full rights to the content that they're licensing from a producer -or- their deals with the MSOs (the cable companies) prevent them from doing such a deal.   Furthermore, the MSOs (like Time-Warner Cable) can't do a deal either because they don't have full rights to the content.   Their rights, if they have any non-cable...
While I don't believe that Apple is going to acquire Tesla outright, there is one rationale for Tesla to be acquired that makes sense:    according to today's NY Times, the company has warned investors that there are going to be very high capital costs associated with its expansion.      In addition to entering China and other Asian companies, Tesla plans to start making right-handed vehicles for the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Japan.   They say that the supply of...
I love Tesla as a company and what they're trying to do and I sincerely hope they're able to build a car in coming years that average people can afford, but it's completely naive to not believe that electric-only cars have very limited practical limitations.   If you're rich and can afford the charging device in your home and you use it primarily as a station car, it works.   It doesn't work for long distance driving.  I see absolutely no signs that the Tesla network will...
   I didn't know how much Apple is charging for the iPhone in China and/or what kind of discount they might be giving to the Chinese phone companies, so I "guessed" at $300 and figured that people here were smart enough to multiply my calculation of revenue by whatever factor necessary based on what Apple is really charging.   If it is $600, then (obviously) one can double the revenue calculation.