or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

1.  According to another posting above, this report was bogus anyway and Apple's products are not banned from government purchases. 2.  Your idea wouldn't work anyway. 3.  It's not necessary (or even desirable) to raise wages to U.S. levels because that wouldn't be the equivalent wage anyway since the cost of living is different.   If you wanted to equalize wages, the way to do it would be to create a "basket" of commonly bought items and equalize wages based upon the...
No, because the "captains of the world", who are travelling on their company's dime, couldn't care less about how much per minute they're spending.   To satisfy their own ego and to convince themselves that they're working all the time, they would constantly be on their phones during a flight.   Frankly, I'd rather sit next to a crying baby than to someone on their phone.   If they need so badly to communicate with someone, they can send texts or an email.    It's bad...
Not buying Verizon's position on this. This is seller's regret: they now regret that they sold unlimited data plans and have grandfathered them. The problem with throttling is that it makes the task you're trying to accomplish impossible. If they throttle you while you're streaming music, the music hiccups or stops playing. It's not just that if you send an email, it takes four seconds instead of two seconds, which would be acceptable. If Verizon gets away with...
If that were true, then just about everything Ive has ever done is wrong.  You don't think Apple consistently applies form over function? You may think that it's not rational to use style when making a purchasing decision, but billions of people see value in style and if they perceive such value then I think it's unfair to claim that they're not rational as you would have to claim that most people in the western world (at least) are not rational in their purchasing...
 It may have been true at one time that more creative people were drawn to Apple's products, but as Apple hit the mass market and all types of people from all types of backgrounds, careers and political allegiances now use Apple's products, this is no longer true.    This site proves that many Apple products are used by notoriously uncreative (and some not so intelligent) people. Correlation does not imply causation. Maybe terrorists wear cheaper clothes made of polyester,...
 If you're referring to the ear plugs which come with an iPhone, I never used those until recently, when my Sennheiser headset stopped working (they always eventually short out, due to poor plug construction and wires that are too small).   I was actually surprised as to how good they do sound.  Very crisp, clean high end, and if you stick them all the way in, even pretty decent tight bass, which isn't easy in an ear plug.  Quite the opposite sound of Beats headphones...
While that's true, the deal still deserves a critical eye because you have to wonder why Apple couldn't develop their own superior headphones (and streaming service) for far less than $3 billion.     And also because in spite of Beats' tremendous commercial success, anyone who knows anything about audio would tend to agree that the quality of the audio coming through their phones simply isn't very good.    IMO, getting Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine isn't enough of a reason....
 I've worked since late 2005 in the area of media rights management.   Many of the cable networks as well as other organizations are clients of the enterprise software we produce to manage this. The ISPs themselves, like Time-Warner, Comcast, RCN, etc. actually have quite limited options in terms of what they can offer as they don't own the content (although their parent companies do in some cases). Even the cable channels themselves don't have 100% of the rights and can't...
I think what he was trying to say was that large corporations "cook their books" so that they don't show profits and therefore, don't pay corporate income taxes in New York or they put their headquarters in New York but legally register their corporation overseas.  Meanwhile, everyone else gets screwed.   Freelancers and the self-employed have to pay a New York City unincorporated business tax and a regional commuters tax (even though I live in NYC) and that's in addition...
New York State used to tax all clothing and had tax holidays twice a year.  Instead of the tax holiday, the sales tax has been entirely repealed on all clothing and shoes priced under $100.  And basic food (produce, meats, fish, bread, etc.) has no sales tax either. Sales tax throughout the United States is generally 6% to 9%.  It's 8.875% in NYC, 8% in Woodstock, NY, 9% in Los Angeles, 8.75% in San Francisco, 8.25% in Dallas, 8% in Atlanta, 7.63% in Colorado Springs,...