or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

For people who are so obsessed about quality design, they sure seem to dress badly.
While both of your comments have merit, the fact remains that if the allegations are accurate, the violations are so egregious that the factory deserves to be closed. But maybe if there's enough of these kinds of violations of decent corporate behavior on the part of these factories, Apple and other companies will eventually give consideration to returning more manufacturing to Europe, Japan and the Americas. I've always believed that companies should manufacture where...
Actually, Samsung can use this against Apple.   Imagine a spot that says, "let's see all the people who desperately want the new iPhone" which then shows a line of only four people.  
 Photokina is coming up starting September 16th in Cologne.  There will be lots of leaks in the next few days and lots of announcements leading up to the show.
There's nothing inherently wrong with keeping the technology base diversified, except that it greatly increases maintenance and training costs, especially if a single teacher has to deal with multiple platforms.   It always costs more to support multiple platforms.   The way that Apple (or any manufacturer) could have kept themselves locked in was by also providing high-value applications software that could not easily be replicated by another supplier, such as a...
With the possible exception of being able to program a lock to permit access for a limited period of time, like a delivery or an installer, it seems to me that all of these locks are an extremely complex solution with multiple failure points to a non-issue. I see these as Rube Goldberg machines. And I certainly would be concerned about hacking and security. What do insurance companies think about these locks - will they still give you homeowners insurance if you use...
While I'm in the correct time period, my iPhone serial # doesn't qualify.   But my battery life is indeed far less than when the phone was new, although it's not doing the "dies at 50%" thing that other posters have mentioned.   My 2-year contract will be up right around the time the new iPhones will be available, but if Apple had replaced my battery, I probably would have waited another year to replace it.    Aside from screen size, I'm not expecting anything so...
124 x 59mm I can believe.  That's about the size of the iPhone5.   But 158 x 78mm is absurdly huge, even for a phablet.   An iPad Mini is 200mm x 135mm.    
 Within a few years, 1080p on TVs is going to seem like low resolution (and just for the record, there are no 1080p broadcasts - everyone is still broadcasting in either 1080i or 720p).   4K displays (which should really be called 2K displays, since they're actually 3840x2160) and within a few years 8K displays will become the standard.    Having said that, I agree that on a 5" or 6" screen, you won't see any difference for photos and videos.  But where increased...
Marketing 101:  Sell benefits, not features. Making you think that the teen was socially disengaged was the entire point.        But there is a problem (IMO) with the spot:   while it was beautiful emotionally, it could have been for almost any manufacturer's phone.  It sells the concept of a smartphone more than it sells the iPhone.   And that's a problem with a lot of Apple's recent spots.   About the best you can say about the recent spots is that they attempt to imply...