or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I don't get it.  The i7 wasn't part of the base configuration.   You had to pay $200 extra for it.  So I don't see how they could move you to the new machine without also giving you $200 back.   I also wonder why the new machine doesn't have the i7 option since the $2300 model does. 
It's very simple.   There's nothing new to announce.   The new lower-priced iMacRetina is just the existing machine with a slower processor and a non-Fusion drive.         And the new 15" MacBook Pros are the old machines + Force Touch, which already exist in the 13" models.     So I'm sure when Tim summarizes where Apple is at, he'll mention that the whole MacBook Pro line + the MacBook is now Force Touch, but it would have been laughable to highlight these machines...
Well, that's how they got the price down on the new $1999 model.   If you want to upgrade it from the 1TB Serial ATA to the 1TB Fusion, it's an extra $200.    And I guess they think the 3.5Gig processor is worth an extra $100.   So that's how you get to the existing model that just dropped from $2399 to $2299.      If you want a 1TB Flash drive, they're charging an extra $1000 on the lower model and an extra $800 on the upper model.     One can buy a 2.5" or 3.5" hybrid...
If it's announced Wednesday instead of at WWDC, that implies that these are very minor updates.
Most car dealers will not let you put a car (or even a deposit) on a credit card.   They don't want to pay the fees.   I've tried - thought I would get a free trip out of buying a car. 
It's up 1.33% as of 1:48pm EDT.    And there is no other reason except his comments. Having said that, even if he's completely correct, this is stock manipulation just as much as if he said Apple sucks and he was shorting the stock.     
Not unless they've found ways to violate the laws of physics.   And Apple doesn't make the sensor.   While sensors have gotten better over time, especially in terms of their low-light capability, the fact remains that when you have small photosites, they generate heat at high ISOs.    And heat causes noise.    At the same resolution, blow up an iPhone image and blow up an image from a decent DSLR and there are substantial differences in quality.   Some of this can be...
It used to be that artists didn't make money from tours - they toured to support the recording for which they did make (some) money, although the fact remains that the majority of artists never earned out their royalty advances and so never saw another penny.  In fact, when Atlantic held their 40th anniversary concerts at Madison Square Garden in 1988, chairman Ahmet Ertegun decided to set the royalties of any artist who had negative royalties back to zero, so that the...
Artists get screwed in almost any model, except the ones in which they own their own record company and are making the deal and also own their own publishing.  Having said that, remember that in traditional analog broadcast radio in the U.S., radio stations do not pay for the performance right as they do in other countries - they only pay fees to ASCAP, BMI and SESAC and those fees go to the writers (actually to the publishers, who then distribute to the writers). In...
Do you mind if they survive with an actual revenue stream?