or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

That's great that they finally depleted the stock of these old units (if indeed that's the case).   Now they should reduce the price of the Mini 2 by $50 so that the 16GB model is $249 (as the Mini was) and the 32GB is $299 and maybe reduce the upcharge to $100 instead of $130 for the two cellular models, to get rid of those as well.     One could argue that they shouldn't be selling the 16GB models at all - that's simply not enough memory/storage to run these devices...
Because the list is only about protecting your data from Government eyes, not from a company's own use of your data.    
The question isn't whether Siri data goes to the Apple server and is stored, it's whether that data can be personally tied back to any particular person and whether the government has access to such data.     It doesn't matter one iota if Apple stores that someone asked where the closest hardware store is and it doesn't matter if they also store the response of "121 Main Street".   What matters is if the Government can know that one personally asked where the closest...
I don't think I ever wrote that employees have a "right" to not have their bags inspected, but even if I did, there's a difference between a generic "right" and a legal or constitutional "Right".     Yes, based on the Supreme Court decision, the final decision is up to Apple, but that doesn't mean that people can't criticize what Apple decides.   One can't tell Apple what to do, but one can praise or criticize Apple based on what they do.   If one could only criticize...
Not that I'm trying to defend Monster, who has been ripping off idiots for years with their absurd claims about cables (not that they're the only ones), but Apple has engaged in business with other companies with whom they've had lawsuits, Samsung being the biggest example.      They could have taken the high road and not banned Monster from their program.    
By that logic, Apple could and should pay minimum wage, but they pay somewhat higher than minimum wage.   Sometimes the best path for a company is to do things right.    Furthermore, Apple consistently does things in the retail environments where they spend more money than they have to.   There is no financial argument one could make to rationalize the glass staircases, glass cube entrances, etc.   You can't tell me that more people buy Apple products because of those...
We have plenty of laws that have been implemented to protect the rights of employees that have nothing to do with the Constitution.   Minimum wages, maximum hours, freedom from abuse, etc., all have nothing to do with the Constitution. Having said that, it is true that the Supreme Court has ruled that Apple does not have to compensate employees for their time during the bag check.  That makes it legal, but it doesn't make it right. I don't accept this "go work somewhere...
Sorry for not being more explicit.   My point was that it's easier to steal the small stuff.  That would include mice, cables, etc.  Yes, it's true that the Supreme Court ruled against this and that is the current law of the land, but IMO, the Supreme Court got it wrong and it's not the first time.   And nothing stops a decent employer for paying for the employee's time in this circumstance.  IMO, it's either my time or your (the employer's) time.   If it's your time, I...
If you're adding another floor or two to the building or constructing additional buildings, maybe.  But I think we know that the general size of the building in terms of its single-floor area hasn't changed.   If the interior is being redesigned to handle twice as many employees, that would change how much furniture you have to buy and the interior design, but it shouldn't change the overall construction costs.   Let's say you're splurging for the nicest office cubes...
I'm going to disagree with most of the posts here.   I think that you treat your employees with respect.  If you don't trust them, don't hire them in the first place or get rid of them if you've already hired them.   There are also other ways around the security issue as others have suggested, such as having a separate locker area or RFI controls.      Obviously, no employee is walking out with a computer box - it's too large.   The issues are phones, iPads, watches,...