or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

It depends.  If he was making an average salary and didn't yet have stock, I agree with you.   But if he's already a multi-millionaire and he has nothing in writing and no witnesses to Jobs' supposed promise to him, then he should move on.   If he's as skilled as implied, I'm sure another company would love to have him.   The question is why doesn't Apple still want him?    They still do presentations at launches.     Is it that he was too close to Jobs?   Is he hard to...
  Is it unethical?  Yes.   Is it illogical?   Yes.     But with no real alternatives (Verizon and AT&T have most of the U.S. market and basically copy each other's pricing) and a Congress unwilling to take on big companies like this, they'll be able to get away with it.   It will most certainly not lead to their demise until the day that WiFi is ubiquitous (which will never happen because we refuse to build the infrastructure) and even then, they'll find some way to stop...
  Thank you, Mr. Obvious.   But to achieve HALF the density of the stores in Pennsylvania, Apple would have to build another 405 stores in China.  Even if they opened 20 locations a year, that would take them until at least 2032.    And by then, you might have similar new demand in India and maybe even Africa and the Middle East, assuming that the world economy doesn't blow up again.   Hell, by then, the U.S. recession might truly be over and we might even be a growth...
      The police report says they were $2950, not $28,950.
  Name one millionaire (someone who had $1 million or more in assets, not including the home they lived in), who is now piss poor.     But I agree with your other comments.   If I hadn't been born white to a middle class family, I doubt very much that I would achieved the career success that I've had.   If my family was just a bit poorer, I probably would not have been able to attend college.    If I had been a minority, among the companies I've worked at, if just one...
I love it!!   There should be more of this.     Sites who find this garbage and repost it should be embarrassed and understand that what they do has nothing to do with actual journalism, where you perform fact checking, quote sources, etc.      I would love to see a kind of "political correctness" that says that it's not cool to re-tweet other people's tweets or re-post other people's youtube videos, etc.     When will people understand that such clutter makes...
Apple called me yesterday on this issue.   That really surprised me since there are hundreds, if not thousands of complaints on the Apple boards.    I spent about a half hour on the phone with the tech.   While I was on the phone with him for that time, my battery dropped from 98% to about 70%.       While we didn't fix anything, we did create files to send back to Apple for further diagnosis.        I must admit that I was impressed that they called.  Made me...
I had an original Mac, then a Mac Plus, then the Mac SE, then the SE HD and some others, and they all worked perfectly.   The only Mac that failed on me was a 610, in which the hard disk eventually failed, but it gave me plenty of warning (which I, of course, ignored).     I knew that if I shut the machine off it was not going to reboot.    Didn't have any backup hard drives in those days.   I went on vacation and put a note on the machine saying "do not shut off", but of...
  There's a difference between an explanatory video placed on a website that people who have a strong interest seek out and an advertisement that you see (presumably on broadcast or cable TV) that you didn't ask for.     This type of promotion works for the former, not for the latter.   While there's certain aspects of this that are quite appealing, I think Apple made the right decision not to air it as it would have come across as a bunch of nerdy kids talking about a...
This is ridiculous.   I don't even like the fact that they're removing optical drives from the laptops, but at least in a laptop, there's a rationale:  to make them thinner/lighter or to be able to give more space to the battery.  There is no reason whatsoever to remove optical drives from the iMac or the MacPro.    Space is not an issue.    There are still plenty of reasons for some people to use optical drives (I use them constantly) and they're so inexpensive that it...