or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Wall Street is never impressed by Apple when it should be, but then the stock price rises when Apple does nothing.Why should the stock be down? All the rumors were substantively correct and known way in advance. Yesterday's stock price should have had today's announcements already baked in.
Total insanity IMO.   GET A LIFE.   Is that old lady with the shopping bags waiting for a phone too?  Who cares if you get a phone on the first day of its release or not?    Frankly, I'm surprised the NYC police let them stay out there for days at a time.    These clowns make slackers look like highly productive people.       Personally, I can't stand standing in line for  more than 10 minutes.   It's really not very comfortable standing in line day and night for days....
  Yes, every new Windows PC is pre-installed with Win8 and every new Mac is pre-installed with OS X.   So the comparison is very fair.    And frankly, I don't care.   I think Apple did better work when they were perceived as costly and elitist than they do now that they've become more of a mass-market company.    I'd much rather have a BMW than a Ford.   Unfortunately, as the PC/Mac market declines, Apple will probably invest far less in their computers and OS X.   Wintel...
It's not quite the same thing.   If I sit on a physical asset, it doesn't really affect anyone else.   But vital patents affect entire industries and in many cases, the patent office granted patents when they should not have been granted.   Too many patents are being granted for ideas, not implementations of those ideas.   One example of that is that Amazon patented "one-click ordering" forcing Apple to pay a license fee to use it.  IMO, that's an obvious business...
Market cap is just under $1 billion.    If the company has other valuable patents that Apple needs, Apple should buy 51% so they can control the company.  I assume they already offered something reasonable to VirnetX in terms of a licensing fee and they turned it down.      Since I don't know the exact technology used, I haven't formed an opinion as to whether this should have been a valid patent or not.    But on standards that everyone needs to use, I don't think...
This doesn't say that Apple will be selling in Iran, only that they can sell to people who are planning to take the devices to or ship to Iran.   So before this change, how did Apple know whether or not someone was going to take the device to Iran?    It seems to me that this is a distinction without a difference.   ---- As for Syria, it's a no-win situation for Obama and it would have been a no-win situation for any Republican president.   The U.S. will be blamed...
Because you think that Windows users who retire without enough income are in that position because of Microsoft?    That's an absurd comment.      Microsoft has certainly failed at many things, but I'm not sure that different leadership, including Bill Gates himself, would have made much difference.    And before we all jump on the "Ballmer's an idiot" bandwagon, note that Apple might find itself in a similar position in five years (although I can't imagine any head of...
Yep...mass transit is definitely needed for maps, as is bike routes. Bike routes should be easy because it's mostly the same as walking routes with the restriction that you can't go down a one-way street the wrong way, although Apple could take it one step farther than Google if they highlighted bike lanes and "rail trails". I noticed recently that the Cape Cod rail trails aren't on Apple's maps at all, although one entrance to a rail trail is. It seems to me that...
I think one could make the case that the perception, whether correct or not, is that Apple has already reached its peak, that Apple's share of its various markets is declining and that there doesn't seem to be highly innovative new products in the pipeline, only some fine iterations.   Based on that, one could make the case that this is a prime time, with smart management, for someone to come in and put Microsoft back into a strong position, even with Apple hitting it...
Forget cooling and heating and how much power it uses.    This place looks like where they would make an old western.    How far is this from civilization?   Where do the employees go to eat?    And I thought working in New Jersey was bad.