or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Because ideas like this are not supposed to be patentable, only the specific implementation of the idea. And while I will admit that the patent office violates that concept all the time (like permitting Amazon to patent "one-click", which Apple then had to license from Amazon), it's how patents are supposed to work. Otherwise, "information is presented on a screen" would be patentable.
Well why is your wife emailing you about the birth of your own child anyway? You shoudl talk to each other.
The Lincoln Center store is incredibly loud as well - maybe even louder because it's a more confined space. All hard surfaces, nothing to absorb the sound except other people. For all the applause the design of these stores receive, I think that's a flaw. I had a hard time using Siri in the Lincoln Center store -- I had to cup my hands around the iPhone. Under the circumstances, Siri worked incredibly well - it only misunderstood a few things. --- From looking at...
That's true for most HDTVs. They all have glossy screens, no? And as for the report claiming that LG is releasing 2012 OLED sets in large sizes, I find that very hard to believe unless it's super-high end or a concept model. Hardly anyone has released any OLED as yet except for Sony's 11" model from a few years ago. 2012 is not suddenly going to give us revolutionary changes in size/cost. LG sets are not especially highly rated. Those honors go to the former...
In the case of cell phones, a user's opinion about their own service is a practically useless parameter. That would be like asking a user if they "like" the sound of their stereo system or the picture on their TV. How do they know what it should look/sound like? Because if I say that AT&T is terrible, how do I know that Verizon or Sprint isn't worse under either the same or different conditions? And an evaluaton of one geographic area has no relevance to...
In spite of not selling well, Apple needs to maintain the MacPro line. Every manufacturer has top-of-the-line products that sell to niche markets (usually because they're so expensive) that represent the state of the art and serve a marketing purpose because the market perception is that all the products carry the quality of the top-of-the-line products. Camera makers do this all the time. Nikon and Canon don't sell all that much of their high-end $8000 bodies...
You don't think there's difference between a Ford and a Toyota? The engines are different, the bodies are different, the finish is different, the performance is different, their reliability is different, etc. And Ford would sue Chevy if Chevy copied Ford's exact motor design bit by bit. The reason why blue jeans makers don't sue each other is because you can't patent or copyright fashion. The only part of fashion that can be protected are logos and things like...
In only the broadest terms. The fact is that there are certain stores that any given single person is never going to walk into. I, for example, am never going to walk into 99% of the stores in any given shopping mall under any circumstances. The other issue is that when you have a destination store like Apple, if someone buys something there, there is a good chance that Apple has taken all the money that they're going to spend, since (aside from accessories like...
[QUOTE=elroth;1999560]I did read the story. Apple is not paying $180/sq ft. The MTA claims that Apple is paying the equivalent of $180 per sq ft because of the other investments. In the end, the MTA is getting $60 sq/ft and they claim that's 4x the previous rent, so Metrazur was indeed paying $15/sq ft. If that's not the case, then the MTA doesn't know how to write an intelligent, clear response. But even if I'm wrong, the $45 sq/ft that you believe Metrazur was...
The fact remains regardless of the actual motives of the politicians involved is that $60/sq ft for Manhattan retail in a prime location is absurdly low regardless of the benefit of having Apple in that space. Having said that, the $15/sq ft that the restaurant was paying borders on criminal and the politicians are hypocritical for not having investigated that. Frankly, except perhaps for the bakeries and snack places, I really don't think that the presence of the Apple...