or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

No more than walking down the street using your phone. And my phone does pretty well with a 10 min charge, so in an emergency, great.
Assuming your posting isn't a joke, there's nothing that says it won't be localized and even if it's not, is cost of a phone call really an issue if you're about to kill yourself anyway?
  I don't use Genius so I don't care about that, but I agree that "apps popular near me" is absurd EXCEPT for apps that have local content, like an app that has "restaurants in Podunk".      Apple used to be great at this stuff, but I really think they've lost it.    I wonder if there are individuals who are making these kinds of decisions on their own.   Much of what we've seen lately seems like decisions are being made by tech people and not necessarily content experts...
  Absolutely.  I was just going to write, "If Flextronics can operate U.S. factories at a profit, why can't an American owner operate U.S. factories at a profit?"   Is it competence?   Is it that Flextronics is willing to operate at a lower profit than a U.S. investor would?    Is it that U.S. investors aren't interested in factories?      I think this is a problem.    It's still a benefit because we get some jobs, the associated taxes and the spending associated with a...
I disagree.   If there's a simple technical solution to stopping such thefts, there's no reason why Apple or any other manufacturer shouldn't implement it and obviously, Apple agreed.       Thieves used to steal car radios constantly.   I had two stolen myself.   The worst part was they broke the window to do it, which in many cases, costs more than the radio.   The manufacturers put in a coding system rendering the radios unusable without the code and problem solved.  ...
As I've posted before, I don't really see the point of the 13.3" Air anymore (aside, perhaps, from the improvement in battery life, assuming that can't be achieved in the MBP.) The 13" MBP, now that they've dumped the optical drive, is just about as thin and light. The next generation will probably be even thinner and lighter than the current one. If so, why do we need both? The 13"MBP with Retina 256MB is $1699 list. The 13" non-Retina Mac Book Air is $1299. A...
      You joke, but what the hell is he carrying?    I refuse to believe Apple would make an iPad that large.    
That's absolutely correct.   The press and Wall Street only think in the simplest of terms, so the only thing that would satisfy them would be a surprise announcement of a totally new product line, akin to the iPod, iPhone or iPad.   Since that is not going to happen, they'll be countless stories about "Apple has lost it, since they haven't released a new product line since Steve Jobs passed away, blah, blah, blah."    The general press does not care about an upgraded...
I agree that you can do things on an Air that you can't do on an iPad, and i also fall into the camp of people who must have a full-fledged computer, but I don't think that's where the majority of the market is anymore, which I believe is one of the reasons the iPad is so successful.For the people who mainly surf the web, use Facebook, Tweet, respond to email, watch YouTube, play a few games, read ebooks and maybe do some slight manipulation of photos, a Pad is more than...