or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

While I completely disagree with the CST decision to dump those photogs and I also agree that in general, freelancers have to charge more, unfortunately there will be a bunch of amateurs with equipment who will work for next to nothing, especially to cover sports and entertainment events or just to get hold of a press pass.I produce web sites for musicians and do a lot of photography. We get tons of requests from "photographers" who want to shoot the shows (for free).My...
I have a late-2008 MBP.   When I first installed Mountain Lion, I also had weird lockups which were driving me nuts.    Apple couldn't figure out why, although there was a certain error report that wouldn't generate properly.    I was really pissed and felt that Apple had finally lost it.   I only had a problem with an OS install once before that.  I forget which major version it was, but it was several major versions ago and Apple apps wouldn't work.   Apple support...
I think that's completely unrelated.    Nikon and Canon have been trending down largely because point and shoot cameras are in serious decline due to the advent of higher quality smartphone cameras.    (If you don't care about quality, you might as well use your smartphone).    And DSLRs are down as well.   Canon being down twice as much as Nikon indicates that something else is at play because Canon is a far larger and far more diverse company than Nikon.     Shipments...
I could make the opposite case.   Now that most newspapers are online and the majority of photos are printed in color, you need higher quality than the age when photos were printed on cheap newsprint with low resolution screen printing.      But this isn't just about the technical quality of photographs.    The best photo-journalism combines visual "facts" with art.    It's not just about capturing the moment.    Why don't they just fire all the reporters as well and rely...
  Unless the rules have changed in recent years, many European countries prohibit comparative advertising.     Did the Mac vs. PC ads play in Europe?  (I'm asking).  
I agree that it seems to be much ado about nothing, but having said that, this article doesn't even resemble journalism and if Apple had written it themselves, it wouldn't have lavished such praise on Apple. Can we even attempt to be fair? The Apple Store they're building looks like it's going to be similar to the Lincoln Square store in New York City. It's a beautiful store, but I do have to wonder whether a greenhouse design is appropriate for California. Although...
  Screen shot or movie poster or DVD cover and metadata of movie appear on screen.   Siri says, "Is 'The Godfather Part II' the movie you'd like to see?".     You say "yes" or "no".    See, it's really not all that hard.   
  I don't think so.   In fact, I wonder what the future is for the Airs going forward.    While the MBPros are still very slightly thicker and a bit heavier than the Airs, they're getting so close, form factor is much less of an issue since they removed the optical drives from most of the MBP line, except perhaps for the 11" Air, since there's no equivalent Pro.    If the Airs are going to continue to exist, the main reason would be the price differential.   But the 13"...
Except that graphic design is fashion and what's considered contemporary changes over time.    That's why Aqua (which I happened to like quite a bit) looked fantastic when it was released, but looks a little funky now.   You look at ads from a few years ago and the fonts seem "old fashioned".    Sometimes Helvetica is in and sometimes it's out, etc.    Apple used to pay a lot more attention to typography in the OS than it does now.      You can update the graphic look and...