or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

People are in denial about the NSA and they don't think it really applies to them.    They think, "why would the Government care about my emails or phone conversations?"   Plus they don't think there's anything they can do about it.     And even though people put all kinds of personal stuff on Facebook and other sites, they're making the decision to do so.    But when someone is in your face with Google Glass, it's quite another situation and I think people will exhibit...
  In a perfect world, yes, but the current cable TV market, although declining, is geometrically larger than the market of those who would watch TV via an Apple or Roku box, etc..    It's a big advantage for the cable networks to deal with the MSOs (like Time-Warner, Verizon FIOS, Comcast, etc.) because they are able to force them into bundle deals and because for many channels, they get paid by the cable subscriber, not just by who's actually watching the channel.    I...
Don't make assumptions.    If you want to say, "I don't care, Relic", that's fine.   But don't speak for the rest of us because you have absolutely no idea what we think. 
Really?   Because you do know that there are Arab citizens of Israel, right?   However, in 2012 the Israeli courts did uphold a law banning Palestinian spouses of Israeli citizens from gaining citizenship.   And for the record, Germany sent citizens of Germany to the gas chambers.      But what this has to do with Samsung, goats and Iceland, I don't know.  
  Thanks for making really relevant arguments.   Let's compare the cost of giving birth in the  U.S. to whether or not it is valid for the French to "raid" Apple's offices to see if they're participating in anti-competitive behavior.     The other ridiculous stereotypes about Americans posted above are about as accurate as American perceptions about the French:  rudeness, cowardly, body odor, etc.   All those stereotypes are ridiculous when at the same time, each has just...
And how exactly does the current Levi's store accomplish this?     I'm certainly one who is in favor of preserving important architecture and the character of a district, but this seems more like a case of 'wannabe architects' on the planning department who want to prove that they know more about design than Apple does.   And the language of "...should relate to the established patterns, rhythm and architectural character...." is so vague as to be useless.    It would be...
I think people downrated that movie because they didn't understand it.    They didn't understand that it wasn't a parody of Steve and Apple.   It was a parody of the way that Hollywood makes screen biographies of famous people.     So you have the competition for the same girl between Jobs and Woz, the bookended story, etc. --- all things that absolutely never happened, but included anyway because they follow Hollywood script conventions and because Hollywood script...
Point and shoots are not counted in these stats.  These are the number of lenses sold compared to the number of DSLR and other removable lens bodies sold.   And your second sentence is absurd.   If Apple could make a laptop in 2008 and earlier that had removable storage, upgradable memory and a replaceable battery, then they should be able to do that in 2013.    Are you saying that anyone who wants a quality laptop should buy a PC laptop?   Because that's a pretty bad...
  Provide us with actual statistics and then we can discuss this intelligently, but walk into any electronics/computer store and you'll see tons of internal hard drives.  And batteries don't get "upgraded", they get replaced when they no longer take a charge or only last 30 minutes.       The vast majority of DSLR owners never buy another lens except the one that came with their camera (the industry average per year is only 1.68 lenses per body sold), but that doesn't...
I love the part about how Apple "induces users to use the functionality" by letting them know the functionality is available, like it would have been okay if Apple had violated the patent, but didn't let the users know the feature was available. I also love the "..at least the iPhone 4s and 5.." comment as if Bluebonnet didn't bother to figure out if Apple's other phones infringe the patent or not. As others have stated, the patent system has become ridiculous. You...