or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Not if they make it a free app.    Customers who want it get what they had before and Google protects its advertising revenue.    Consumers have a choice, Apple will be encouraged even more to continuously improve the app and everybody wins.     I understand and think it's legit that Apple developed their own app to get turn-by-turn and I understand Google's reluctance to give it to them so they can save it for their Android platform.   But Apple should not attempt to win...
In many airports, the employees are not actually TSA employees.   The services are contracted out and these employees are very poorly paid - somewhere between minimum wage and about $10 an hour.    Who do we think we're getting for those kinds of wages?      However, there should be a TSA supervisor at every single security position keeping an eye on the employees and every employee caught stealing should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.    The airlines...
That local Fox station was the New York station (Channel 5) and probably has as many viewers as all of Fox News. I happened to see this report when it was broadcast and first I thought, "wow..that iPhone5 is a lot thinner than I thought it was going to be," but when I saw the holographic projection and the virtual keyboard, I realized they had accidentally picked up some concept video, but I was still totally shocked at how stupid an error this was. What I'd love to...
  You came really close to getting it right.     The carbon fiber is for the Apple iBike.   Among the many features the iBike will have are special grips on the handlebars so that you can't hold them wrong.    But you can only ride for four hours at a time and if you upgrade it, every once in a while the wheels will lock and even when they don't, you'll suddenly only be able to ride for about an hour at a time.   It will also have a mode where the iBike will take you to...
I just typed "315 e15 ny" in Google Maps on my MBP and it gave me 315 West 39th Street.         Google Maps has frequently given me wrong instructions.  It seems to have a particularly hard time with addresses in Queens, NY.     It's also frequently given me correct instructions and is an invaluable tool.    If you think about the complexity of the problem, especially for routing, I'm amazed that anyone can do a decent job.    Most of the time, I know...
I'm not fan of cable companies, but I think your statement does not reflect reality in most places outside of small towns.    In New York City, you generally have a choice of Comcast, RCN, Time-Warner, Verizon FIOS, Dish, AT&T + all the services offered on the web and a whole bunch I didn't mention.    There are more choices for this content than at any time in technology history.  Not very vendor is available in every location, but there are choices.     I don't blame...
Screw Facebook....does it have fixes for the battery drain and freeze issues? Those are the only things that are important to me.
Maybe my lack of patience is a negative character trait, but I don't think I could stand waiting in line even for an hour.       After the iPhone 4 (or maybe it was the 4s) was out a while, but still in short supply, I happened to be near an Apple mall store and stopped in and they said they could sell a phone to me instantly.   But the AT&T website was clogged up, so they couldn't update my account.   They told me I could wait on another line until AT&T got their...
Why would Apple give the same model number to the Verizon U.S. phone and the European GSM phone? This makes absolutely no sense to me.
I think that developers who don't like skeuomorphic design don't like it because they are so invested in their virtual life, they no longer relate to the real world, as ordinary people do. While there are plenty of bad examples of skeuomorphic design, that's true about any design. It all depends upon how well it's implemented. My feeling about Apple's latest OS designs in general is that they have been removing all elements of style and design. Mountain Lion seems...