or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

For a device like this, I believe Apple might change their policy and attend CES, but they're not going to CES until they know exactly what they're going to sell.   And they would do their own usual announcement first.   So, IMO, there is no way Apple attends January 2013 CES.    The reason why I think Apple would attend CES is because they sell through every retailer they can find today in spite of the success of the Apple Stores and the amount of business Apple does...
Apple gets a patent for sticking a pin in a hole to eject the SIM?   Haven't CD-ROM drives been doing this since 1986?  Same for trays.
Excellent document, athough I did hand my iPhone to a 3-year-old and he understood immediately how to "flick" without any instruction whatsoever.     You'd be surprised how many of these items apply to neophyte and/or some older adults as well.      There was research many years ago demonstrating how both pre-schoolers and elderly adults had problems with the concept of moving a mouse on a horizontal plane controlling a cursor on a vertical plane.   This can be...
This makes no sense to me.   I can understand Apple enforcing that any Apple-approved charging device MUST have a Lightning connector.  But what's the harm in producing a charging device that includes Lightning, the 30-pin and USB?    After all, Apple still sells products that use those other connectors and even if they didn't, what's wrong with a device that supports multiple devices in the household?  Why do we have to have 30 wall warts?       This kind of...
How does a "state" have a poor work ethic?   (Some) people have poor work ethics.   Perhaps the corporate culture at a given company is a poor work ethic.   States don't have poor work ethics.    There are people all over this country who are incredibly dedicated and work incredibly hard and there are people who are just at work to collect a pay check, do the minimum they can to not get fired and couldn't care less whether their company is successful or not.     And most...
  The problem is that IMO, there aren't that many people who would give up either over-the-air or cable/satellite and those who would are probably satisified streaming to their computer or portable device.   If you have one primary TV, you want it to do everything.   And since an Apple TV would probably be priced higher than traditional TVs, I believe that consumers would balk at losing functionality.   That also includes the ability to use the TV with a full-fledged...
Agreed.  And while the 30% does seem like a lot, traditional software distributors for physical product, such as Ingram Micro-D, take a far bigger cut, usually 50 to 55%.     Having said that, the App Store has become so big with so many applications downloaded, maybe it's time for Apple to reduce their fees a bit.    Or maybe they can have a two-tier fee based  upon the number of downloads that you sell.    If you go over, let's say 2500 units, maybe you pay 20% or 25%...
I have to disagree.   I got my iPhone (without a case), didn't take it out of the box on my way home from the Apple store, set it down on soft cloth and charged it up.   Realized it wasn't taking a full charge, put it back in the box and brought it back to the Apple store the very next day.   The "Genius" looked at it and said it was scratched.    Now maybe it came scratched from the factory and I didn't notice, but as much as I love this phone, it does scratch...
Wait a minute.  The price target changes from $900 to $800, so people sell the stock now because it's at 530?    Does that make any sense?    If it goes from 530 to 800, that's a 33.75% return over the period.  I'm assuming he meant the target is 2014 - I'll assume the end.   That's still at an almost 17% annual gain.   What other stock is going to achieve that performance over the next two years?     
  Why should we have to adapt and overcome?   Why does Apple keep taking away functionality and making applications worse instead of better?   If they can't make it better, then they shouldn't change the UI.   I've written separately (probably in the thread about the iTunes 11 release) about all the things I find bad about the iTunes11 UI.  It's not that I can't use it.   It's not that it's that important to me either way because the main thing I do with it is to simply...