or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

It's called "mood lighting".  
  I have to disagree.    While I do have some questions/issue about the employees' complaints, which I've detailed in an earlier post, the question is not the efficiency of employees - it's whether the employees should be on the clock when the store takes that action.    If they're not working at an efficient level during their shifts, then their managers should take appropriate action, whether that's having them get training when business is slow, dusting the products,...
Is that true everywhere? We tried to get them in our co-op. they haven't wired our street yet, but I thought I asked that question and was told that it's the usual coax in the hallways and into the apartments. If it were fibre, how would it connect to a 3rd party cable modem? Or do you have to use theirs.
Finally a reasonable, intelligent, logical post that deals with reality.I think some of the people who posted either:A) are trollingB) have absolutely no regard for workers, especially low-paid workersC) never leave their house, so they have no understanding of what real people do or needD) have no understanding of women.
Right. So if the previous guy wore white jeans, they shouldn't hire another guy who wears white jeans. The fact that he was an outsider has nothing to do with why he failed.Considering that there haven't been new products lately, that Apple has done so well in the past that they've saturated the market, thT there's more competition, that Apple products are sold in lots of other retail and that the ecomomy still sucks in the US and is a diaster in Europe, the fact that...
No...the trailer shows the iPhone introduction, so it has to cover at least through June, 2007.  
As per my previous postings in previous threads, I was willing to give this movie the benefit of the doubt and I thought it was unfair for people to judge it before they had seen it.   I had read an interview with Kutcher in which he went into all this detail about how he studied Jobs' voice in both formal and informal situations and how he also studied Jobs' supposedly unique walk, which impressed me and gave me hope.   It looked like he took the role...
  Actually, I don't think any major cable service in the U.S. has fibre going to the home.   They only have fibre in the street.   I use RCN, which is among the smaller MSOs, but they advertise an "all-fibre" network, but it's still coax into the home.   Base speeds are slowly getting faster, but the ISPs want to be compensated for higher speeds and that's quite expensive in many places in this country, especially the big cities.   IMO, there is most certainly NOT going...
There's no such law.   It might be a union agreement, but it's not a law.  And according to this, employers do not have to compensate employees for meal time (I thought that they did), although most do.   Here's the Department of Labor regulation:    
  That's not the point.   When you work for a company, the question is, "is it my time or your time?"    If I work for a company I expect to be paid for all the time that I'm there.  It's not my fault if the store isn't busy and the store management doesn't give me something else to do (like arranging stock, dusting, training, etc.)  I'm now a consultant and when I travel for my clients, they have to pay my regular rate, because it's not my time.      If they do get 15...