or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Absolutely.  I was just going to write, "If Flextronics can operate U.S. factories at a profit, why can't an American owner operate U.S. factories at a profit?"   Is it competence?   Is it that Flextronics is willing to operate at a lower profit than a U.S. investor would?    Is it that U.S. investors aren't interested in factories?      I think this is a problem.    It's still a benefit because we get some jobs, the associated taxes and the spending associated with a...
I disagree.   If there's a simple technical solution to stopping such thefts, there's no reason why Apple or any other manufacturer shouldn't implement it and obviously, Apple agreed.       Thieves used to steal car radios constantly.   I had two stolen myself.   The worst part was they broke the window to do it, which in many cases, costs more than the radio.   The manufacturers put in a coding system rendering the radios unusable without the code and problem solved.  ...
As I've posted before, I don't really see the point of the 13.3" Air anymore (aside, perhaps, from the improvement in battery life, assuming that can't be achieved in the MBP.) The 13" MBP, now that they've dumped the optical drive, is just about as thin and light. The next generation will probably be even thinner and lighter than the current one. If so, why do we need both? The 13"MBP with Retina 256MB is $1699 list. The 13" non-Retina Mac Book Air is $1299. A...
      You joke, but what the hell is he carrying?    I refuse to believe Apple would make an iPad that large.    
That's absolutely correct.   The press and Wall Street only think in the simplest of terms, so the only thing that would satisfy them would be a surprise announcement of a totally new product line, akin to the iPod, iPhone or iPad.   Since that is not going to happen, they'll be countless stories about "Apple has lost it, since they haven't released a new product line since Steve Jobs passed away, blah, blah, blah."    The general press does not care about an upgraded...
I agree that you can do things on an Air that you can't do on an iPad, and i also fall into the camp of people who must have a full-fledged computer, but I don't think that's where the majority of the market is anymore, which I believe is one of the reasons the iPad is so successful.For the people who mainly surf the web, use Facebook, Tweet, respond to email, watch YouTube, play a few games, read ebooks and maybe do some slight manipulation of photos, a Pad is more than...
While I completely disagree with the CST decision to dump those photogs and I also agree that in general, freelancers have to charge more, unfortunately there will be a bunch of amateurs with equipment who will work for next to nothing, especially to cover sports and entertainment events or just to get hold of a press pass.I produce web sites for musicians and do a lot of photography. We get tons of requests from "photographers" who want to shoot the shows (for free).My...
I have a late-2008 MBP.   When I first installed Mountain Lion, I also had weird lockups which were driving me nuts.    Apple couldn't figure out why, although there was a certain error report that wouldn't generate properly.    I was really pissed and felt that Apple had finally lost it.   I only had a problem with an OS install once before that.  I forget which major version it was, but it was several major versions ago and Apple apps wouldn't work.   Apple support...
I think that's completely unrelated.    Nikon and Canon have been trending down largely because point and shoot cameras are in serious decline due to the advent of higher quality smartphone cameras.    (If you don't care about quality, you might as well use your smartphone).    And DSLRs are down as well.   Canon being down twice as much as Nikon indicates that something else is at play because Canon is a far larger and far more diverse company than Nikon.     Shipments...