or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

While I hate seeing security guards in retail (or even the use of security control devices), Apple has had enough robberies that I think they need to put security guards in each store. But not the useless $10-an-hour rent-a-cops, but maybe hire some (U.S.) veterans. That would be a win-win IMO.
As punishment, when caught, these thieves should have to listen to an Apple Genius for 30 days straight.
The problem with all of these "campuses" is that they have no involvement with the street and as such, greenery or not, reinforce the automobile culture. The closed campus approach also reinforces Apple's paranoia and secrecy. All such companies act like they're the KGB or that they're protecting Area 51. If Apple loves Cupertino so much, imagine if they had instead integrated the new facility with the town and the street life, instead of isolating it and if they...
One difference between Apple and JCP retail is that Apple had no retail stores so they didn't have to change consumers conceptions of what the stores should be like. A JCP customer is very different than most (not all) Apple customers and you certainly can't use the same techniques. Also, and even though Target has tried this to a certain extent, you can't upscale a JCP store any more than you can upscale Wal-Mart. The brand is too well established. There's...
Well the stock was up to about 452 at around noon and is now backing off and is currently (12:52 EST) at 444. Guess the market was expecting a new dividend announcement and they didn't get it.
I agree. This guy should be in jail, but he's not the only one. I think that the Apple stock has been manipulated since and including its fall. Apple announces record earnings, is one of the most profitable companies in the world, has enormous amounts of cash, is either #1 and #2 in market cap and the stock drops 30%? There were heavy traders betting against this stock.
I think Apple has taught everyone else not only how to market, but how to develop products (even if they're copied from Apple). A variety of competitive products, from Samsung to Microsoft, incorporates decent screen designs, fonts, etc. that were once the almost exclusive domain of Apple. When I look at other devices and the new Microsoft OS, I've been actually kind of surprised. They might still have major faults, but they're "reasonable" for most people. I...
While growth is welcomed, the music industry is still well below half of its 1999 peak and that doesn't even include inflation, which is 38% since then.    What's killed it is not digital downloading per se, not even illegal digital downloading.   What's killed it is the return of the single as the dominant form of recorded music.   While the single was also dominant in the 1950s and 60s for rock, country, blues and some pop, the difference between then and now is that...
You don't think there is still tremendous pollution in the United States?    While we might not be as obvious about it as the Chinese, we're still pretty bad.    And the reality is that until your own water is bad or until there's a cancer cluster close to where you live, most people don't give a crap.   Given a choice between clean air or water and jobs, most people in the U.S. (and certainly most Republicans) will choose jobs and profits.    When people talk about...
Apple's stock price simply does not reflect reality. IMO, the stock is being constantly manipulated and/or falls on absurd rumors with little facts to back them up.