or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

It's down 6% at 5:40pm, but that brings it back to what it was only about 10 days ago. After the market calms down a bit and properly analyzes Apple's sales and projections for next quarter, it will go back up again. Apple sells 3-4 million phones in one weekend and the stock drops....completely absurd. It's like the old days....whenever Apple announced anything good, the stock would drop for no apparent reason, then it would slowly creep back up. Meanwhile, even...
It's never going to come back. Chinese factory workers make about $130 a month. Let's say their wages double to $260 a month. At an average minimum wage (which you can't live on in most parts of the U.S.) a U.S. worker makes about $1440 a month. In addition, employers must pay social security and Medicare for the employee adding about another $86. So even if the employer doesn't provide health care or any other benefits we're talking about 6x the wages even if...
Yes, but that is how most Americans do view the world. Actually, I take that back because most Americans could not name the continents or find countries on a map, so it's unlikely they could even find China, Korea, Russia or even Europe. And I also think this is how most of the candidates seeking the Republican nomination view the world. Test it for yourself: get a blank map of the world and go to your local high school or college campus and see if anyone can get it...
Expectations have become absurdly ridiculous. New technologies used to take 12 to 18 months to achieve just 1 million units in sales from multiple manufacturers. Apple is selling iPads, a device that no one HAS to have, in the worst economy since the 1930s, with high levels of unemployment in most countries, at a current rate of 50 million units per year (assuming the 13 million can be extended to all quarters) and they sold 3-4 million iPhones in the first...
While the Manhattan stores have had constant long lines, I walked into a Long Island store on Friday and would have been able to buy a phone immediately (and was going to), but after multiple tries, Apple couldn't connect to the AT&T servers and I didn't want to wait, so I cancelled. But at least in that store, too many buyers didn't seem to be the problem. And my local AT&T store didn't seem to be a problem either. For reasons I won't go into here, I would have...
But commissions are made regardless of whether people are buying Apple stock or any other stock and commissions are made regardless of whether you buy or sell, so I don't think one can legimately argue that brokers are encouraging people to buy Apple just so they make commissions. Besides, many small investors go through services like E-Trade which have discounted commissions or if they're big investors, they pay based upon their total asset value, so they can trade as...
They would have sold even more had the registration systems been working. I walked into a Long Island Apple store on Friday and asked how long it would take to get a phone. They said the systems were "slow" but they could take me right away. But after trying three times, the AT&T servers seemed to be down, so I couldn't proceed. They had people lining up who were willing to wait until the servers came back up, but I didn't want to wait, so I canceled my order. ...
Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would wait on a line in the rain for hours to get a phone. I want one, but I'll wait until I can just walk in without waiting and obtain one. On the one hand, such people have the patience to wait in line (I have absolutely no patience to wait on a line) but on the other, I have the patience to wait a few weeks so I don't have to. But if I find myself in Manhattan at like two in the morning and there's no line, I just might...
I think the amount of focus and concentration that it takes to be a genius frequently doesn't leave much room for the niceties. Maybe because it takes a great deal of ego to become such a success. Such geniuses as Picasso and John Lennon (and reportedly, even Gandhi) frequently treated the people around them like crap.My theory is that people like Jobs, Gates and Zuckerberg actually have a mild form of autism or Asperger's syndrome. That syndrome gives them the...
Sort of possible if the FedEx shipping warehouse was in Camden or Cherry Hill, NJ which is right on the border with PA.