or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

So kids are the entire market for this computer?   On what basis are you claiming that optical media is less common today than floppies when the iMac was released?   I don't have the numbers in front of me, but IIRC, DVD movies alone are still a $4 billion business in the U.S.    Blu-ray is another $1 billion.   As per my above post, there are three very valid uses of optical media in a computer: 1.  Watching DVDs (or Blu-rays, but god forbid Apple should support...
  I totally agree.    What's the difference how thin it is when it sits on top of a desk?  As long as it's thinner than the stand, that's all it needs to be.  Removing the drive is just Apple being obnoxious and forcing us to use iTunes.   But people still want to watch DVDs or move large files around via CD-R or DVD-R and still want the ability to download tunes from a music CD.     It might be old technology, but it's still extremely practical and Apple seems to be on a...
Obama is still going to win, but it will be by a much smaller margin than I originally thought.    Mitt wins more states, but he tends to win in the smaller states.      The only states still in question are Florida (29 electoral votes), Ohio (18), Virginia (13), Colorado (9) and Iowa (6).   I'm giving Florida to Romney.   Without the other four states, Obama has 257. If he wins Ohio, he wins (with 275) If he wins Virginia, he wins (with 270) If he wins...
  Hmm...I almost hope Apple is subject to anti-trust, not because it's become so large or dominates its markets, but because the actions that force you into the Apple eco-system are sometimes anti-competitive.    But if they have to make some compromises (like not pulling the CD/DVD drive out of every model) or making their computers with user replaceable parts like batteries, memory and drives, so that you can add a third-party's replacement parts like you used to be...
  If I'm understanding your comment correctly, that when you search Apple, Maps should take you to the site of the new facility, that's beyond ridiculous.    If you're conducting business with Apple and need to find the campus, you need to find the campus that exists today not the one that's going to exist years in the future.   If however, you simply mean that the new site should also be labeled Apple, then as Emily Litella once said, "Never mind!"   And as others have...
I love the high-end and those Pioneer Kuro sets were spectacular, but even though the price may have been fair for the technology offered at the time, they were still beyond the means of anyone who didn't have money to burn.   As much as I loved the quality of those sets (they actually took my breath away), I wasn't spending over $5K on a television set.     (If I remember correctly, the 60" was about $7K to $8K).     There's a huge middle ground between the typical crap...
According to TWICE magazine, Panasonic has denied that they're leaving the business.     
  Absolutely.    Apple should have fixed any bugs concerning phones years before they ever produced a single one.    But they have taken your view into consideration and they're now fixing bugs that will happen in their future flying car device, even though they haven't produced one yet.  
I hope not because Sony has also said that they're going to "de-emphasize" the TV business.  If Sony and Panasonic leave the TV business, Samsung would become essentially a monopoly supplier (although there are still a few other minor players).   Also, as others have stated, Panasonic's Plasma sets are pretty damned good.    If they're only planning on existing the LCD consumer business, I suppose that's not so terrible, although I don't know how they would expect to...
  Don't be absurd.  The majority of the people don't vote either on facts or on issues as a whole because few people take the time to really understand the issues.   How many people still read a news-paper or news weekly?      That's why you have voters screaming at town-halls that they don't want a government-controlled health care system yet also scream, "keep your hands off my Medicare".     It's why half the country is convinced that you can fight two wars, reduce...