or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Those parking structures are 75' tall.   Why do I think they're purposely that tall to block a view of the campus from the highway?   I guess the choice is which is the lesser evil:   acres of flat ground-level parking or tall parking structures?   Also, I wonder how the planning board is going to react (although they've probably known this for some time) to the fact that Apple is taking away Pruneridge Avenue from the campus.       I'm certainly no traffic expert, but I...
  No, they're going to erect the building in 90 days, but it's made from pre-fab panels.   So the real question is how long does it take to manufacture the panels and ship them to site?    If that takes a  year or more, then there's not much difference as compared with traditional construction. 
  I disagree when it comes to software upgrades.   There's no reason why these can't be bullet proof.   There's no reason I should have to bring any device to Apple because they don't have enough QC to supply a decent software upgrade.   Apple used to be just about perfect at this.   There's been plenty of such problems recently.
  While I agree with many of your comments, I think the biggest factor is that most people do not vote on the actual facts.   The average person votes on emotion and how they relate to a candidate.    I've seen research that claims that 50% of Americans cannot name the Vice-President and 70% can't name the Speaker of the House.    Relatively few read a newspaper.    Supposedly, a majority of Americans still believe that Obama was born in Kenya and that Iraq had weapons of...
You're probably right, because the 5% increase in the capital gains tax proposed for 2013 has been more than offset by the big drop in the stock price.    If this was all about the tax increase, then the stock shouldn't have dropped more than that 5%.     Investors are panicking and screwing themselves in the process.   I actually bought a few more shares before the latest drop, so I have gotten screwed a bit, but I'm not worried because I think it will all come back as...
I dunno.  Sounds more like a TV movie than a full-fledged film that's supposed to be a bio.   And only 90 minutes?   
I'm confused. I use the Messages application on my iPhone and I do get charged for each of those messages by AT&T. It's not part of my data plan. What am I missing? Is my configuration wrong?
If you want an iPhone5, place an online order for store pickup.   Then check at 10pm (I don't know whether it's 10pm in each time zone or 10pm EST) to see which stores will have one.   Keep refreshing because they don't always update at exactly 10pm.   I was advised to do this by an Apple store employee.   I finally remembered to do it last Wednesday night and phones were available in every single NYC region store after I kept checking.  I think it updated at about...
  Almost every large Apple store I've been to has a noise problem.   Combine hard floors with hard tables with hard wall surfaces in a cavernous space and you're going to have lots of noise.    This is another example of Apple emphasizing visual design over practicality.   The smaller mall stores aren't as bad.   Sound gets amplified in those circumstances.    I was in the Lincoln Center store one day and thought they had a live band in the lower level.   I ran down there...
IMO, Apple should not be rewarded a patent on the IDEA of an animated page turn.   If they have some particular unique method of implementation, that might deserve a patent.    IMO, this is an obvious concept and it doesn't deserve a patent any more than the idea of a virtual trash can.   And having nothing to do with the patent aspect, doesn't Apple do it wrong?   Shouldn't it curl from the top (not that it matters)?   Who turns an actual paper page from the bottom?