or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Ridiculous comment IMO.   iFixit did not ask Apple to consult them.   Sites like this one legitimately have criticisms of Apple's and other products.   It's perfectly legitimate to criticize Apple's products and how easy it is to upgrade or repair them when it's warranted.   If you disagree with the conclusion, argue the point rationally.    But if your argument is "like Apple's products no matter what or go buy something else" then any review site should just shut down...
  As far as I'm concerned, it's not an AIO without an optical drive.    They still are highly practical for many (not all) people.       With Apple, every time and I think that's one of their weaknesses.    It's great to own beautifully designed products of any type, but these are products that are primarily used for their functionality.     I know that Apple has often dropped old technology to push ahead with new technology and I've generally supported that.    But as...
  Maybe yes, maybe no.   Maybe the head of the project asked for more budget to acquire more databases and was told, "no".   Maybe they wanted to hire more people with appropriate expertise and was told "no, we have all the right people".     Maybe they knew of the flaws but were told by others in management, "are you kidding?   This looks so cool and is so much better than Google Maps that the flaws don't matter.  We'll fix them over time."    Or maybe it was the reverse...
Because of some major data corruption issues that I couldn't fix having to do with the system generating each calendar event up to 15x (which I think had to do with synching issues between Office, Calendar and my iPhone, creating some kind of loop), I recently had to upgrade from Office 2008 to Office 2011 on the Mac.    I really thought that Outlook for the Mac was going to be far better than Entourage, but it's really a piece of crap (although still better, IMO, than...
    There are two types of trademark certification.   You initially use "TM" and then when you prove usage and uniqueness, you can apply for an "R" which is much stronger.   I don't understand how Harley would have gotten the "Lightning" trademark for non-motorcycle related products unless they've produced any.   So to me, eyeglasses, motorcycle parts, helmets and turn signals make sense since they're all related to Harley's primary product line, but TVs, games and...
  I think you're making this way too complicated.    We pretend that these national elections are actually contests, but they're usually not.    In recent times, there is such a distinction between the Democratic and Republican party platforms, especially as Republicans have moved to the right and pushed out the centrists from the party, that most people will vote along party lines almost no matter who is running.     And based upon this and the changing demographics of...
    Wrong!  Show me the law that says that zombies can't vote if they're citizens.   Where in the constitution does it deny zombies the right to vote?
Those parking structures are 75' tall.   Why do I think they're purposely that tall to block a view of the campus from the highway?   I guess the choice is which is the lesser evil:   acres of flat ground-level parking or tall parking structures?   Also, I wonder how the planning board is going to react (although they've probably known this for some time) to the fact that Apple is taking away Pruneridge Avenue from the campus.       I'm certainly no traffic expert, but I...
  No, they're going to erect the building in 90 days, but it's made from pre-fab panels.   So the real question is how long does it take to manufacture the panels and ship them to site?    If that takes a  year or more, then there's not much difference as compared with traditional construction. 
  I disagree when it comes to software upgrades.   There's no reason why these can't be bullet proof.   There's no reason I should have to bring any device to Apple because they don't have enough QC to supply a decent software upgrade.   Apple used to be just about perfect at this.   There's been plenty of such problems recently.