or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I think people downrated that movie because they didn't understand it.    They didn't understand that it wasn't a parody of Steve and Apple.   It was a parody of the way that Hollywood makes screen biographies of famous people.     So you have the competition for the same girl between Jobs and Woz, the bookended story, etc. --- all things that absolutely never happened, but included anyway because they follow Hollywood script conventions and because Hollywood script...
Point and shoots are not counted in these stats.  These are the number of lenses sold compared to the number of DSLR and other removable lens bodies sold.   And your second sentence is absurd.   If Apple could make a laptop in 2008 and earlier that had removable storage, upgradable memory and a replaceable battery, then they should be able to do that in 2013.    Are you saying that anyone who wants a quality laptop should buy a PC laptop?   Because that's a pretty bad...
  Provide us with actual statistics and then we can discuss this intelligently, but walk into any electronics/computer store and you'll see tons of internal hard drives.  And batteries don't get "upgraded", they get replaced when they no longer take a charge or only last 30 minutes.       The vast majority of DSLR owners never buy another lens except the one that came with their camera (the industry average per year is only 1.68 lenses per body sold), but that doesn't...
I love the part about how Apple "induces users to use the functionality" by letting them know the functionality is available, like it would have been okay if Apple had violated the patent, but didn't let the users know the feature was available. I also love the "..at least the iPhone 4s and 5.." comment as if Bluebonnet didn't bother to figure out if Apple's other phones infringe the patent or not. As others have stated, the patent system has become ridiculous. You...
  That's absurd, IMO.   By that logic, no part of any Apple device should be user replaceable and no third party device should ever be connectable to an Apple machine. I think Apple has made a huge mistake by making batteries, memory and drives not user replaceable in their newer machines.    You can't tell me that with Apple's design and engineering genius, they couldn't have found a way to make this still possible.    IMO, this wasn't about the only solution to...
I don't want to rely on the Cloud. I want the executable on my machine. I am frequently not connected to the Web. Even if I was willing to rely on the Cloud, I don't trust the security and many companies, such as ad agencies, won't either. Adobe should have given users a choice, they should have priced it cheaper so it better equated to upgrade pricing and they still should have made updates available to those people who bought the regular version. As others have...
No more than walking down the street using your phone. And my phone does pretty well with a 10 min charge, so in an emergency, great.
Assuming your posting isn't a joke, there's nothing that says it won't be localized and even if it's not, is cost of a phone call really an issue if you're about to kill yourself anyway?
  I don't use Genius so I don't care about that, but I agree that "apps popular near me" is absurd EXCEPT for apps that have local content, like an app that has "restaurants in Podunk".      Apple used to be great at this stuff, but I really think they've lost it.    I wonder if there are individuals who are making these kinds of decisions on their own.   Much of what we've seen lately seems like decisions are being made by tech people and not necessarily content experts...