or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

While I agree that the NYPD does violate personal liberties, simply taking the serial # of your iPhone is no big deal -- they do the same thing for bicycles for which they also provide a free engraving service.     However, why the police are targeting the line of people who haven't actually bought their iPhones yet doesn't quite makes sense to me.   Wouldn't it have made more sense to target the people coming out of the store with a new iPhone in their...
Practically useless except on parts of the few lines indicated (which is obviously why they're doing those first) since it won't work underground. And it's certainly not needed for the Shuttle because there is ALWAYS a shuttle in each of the two stations, ready to go (and it won't work anyway, because it's underground). Furthermore, as they build out the "next train coming" tech, they're putting electronic signs in the stations that tell you this, just as they have on...
  It matters because when the idiot analysts make stupid predictions, it affects the stock price, which affects their predictions, which affects their stock price, which is why you see big shifts from day to day.   With any company, unless the company has issued an earnings report or the cost of some resource that the company needs has changed drastically (like a sudden increase in the price of electricity or oil), there is actually no reason whatsoever for there to be...
I doubt that the three point difference in rating from last year to this year is statistically significant. And I also agree that bad ratings can be much more than about the site. Some people choose to be negative about any company they choose not to like and other people will downrate the site if they have any complaint about Apple in general. And I bet some people downrate the Apple.com site because they don't like iTunes. Having said that, browsing for products on...
Well the "under NDA" should raise some eyebrows.  It implies that the author was told about (or has) the new version of Aperture under NDA and somehow, this "leaked" into the metadata about the book, thereby pretty much violating the NDA.  
For a device like this, I believe Apple might change their policy and attend CES, but they're not going to CES until they know exactly what they're going to sell.   And they would do their own usual announcement first.   So, IMO, there is no way Apple attends January 2013 CES.    The reason why I think Apple would attend CES is because they sell through every retailer they can find today in spite of the success of the Apple Stores and the amount of business Apple does...
Apple gets a patent for sticking a pin in a hole to eject the SIM?   Haven't CD-ROM drives been doing this since 1986?  Same for trays.
Excellent document, athough I did hand my iPhone to a 3-year-old and he understood immediately how to "flick" without any instruction whatsoever.     You'd be surprised how many of these items apply to neophyte and/or some older adults as well.      There was research many years ago demonstrating how both pre-schoolers and elderly adults had problems with the concept of moving a mouse on a horizontal plane controlling a cursor on a vertical plane.   This can be...
This makes no sense to me.   I can understand Apple enforcing that any Apple-approved charging device MUST have a Lightning connector.  But what's the harm in producing a charging device that includes Lightning, the 30-pin and USB?    After all, Apple still sells products that use those other connectors and even if they didn't, what's wrong with a device that supports multiple devices in the household?  Why do we have to have 30 wall warts?       This kind of...
How does a "state" have a poor work ethic?   (Some) people have poor work ethics.   Perhaps the corporate culture at a given company is a poor work ethic.   States don't have poor work ethics.    There are people all over this country who are incredibly dedicated and work incredibly hard and there are people who are just at work to collect a pay check, do the minimum they can to not get fired and couldn't care less whether their company is successful or not.     And most...