or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Never happen. ESPN or any major cable network is not going to give up cable subscribers who are still the majority of subscribers. What there will be is an evolution where cable subscribers get to watch on any device, with little or no additional payment. Also, while Disney owns ABC which owns ESPN, the company is run in a very decentralized manner and is frequently even competitive internally.
I will never send a Tweet in my life. I don't understand the entire concept of sending out 140 bytes of meaningless trivia about your own life that no one else should care about. And I especially don't understand re-tweeting other people's tweets. (Of course, I don't understand why YouTube posters repost content that is already on YouTube either.) But obviously, millions of people do care about Twitter and therefore, such functionality is beneficial (to them). ...
No, that's exactly what he should do. In fact, it might even be better if he wasn't there at all. One of the problems with Steve and Apple is that he's made it seem like that he's the whole company. His "insistence" on doing these presentations even when he's still officially on personal leave only reinforces the notion that no other executive in the company is capable of making such a presentation except for him. He makes occassional "thank you's" to the team, but...
Sorry, this seems like an over-reaction to me, even with Apple asking for dismissal. What did the kid do wrong? And I don't see how what he did impacted Apple's trademarks. Is Apple telling me that if I want to modify my iPhone (let's say put a decal on it or spray paint it), I can't do it? It is MY phone, isn't it? And I can't take it one step further and sell those decals or sell instructions as to how to do it? It would be one thing if the kid was buying...
WRONG! You can't patent an idea (although the copyright office seems to often forget that). You're supposed to be able to only patent the implementation of an idea. And while every patent is a good idea, not every good idea is patentable. So I can't patent the IDEA of a flying car. Or a holographic computer display. On the idea of a solar operated car. And I can't copyright a genre, like a science-fiction novel. But I can patent specific technology that...
Seems ridiculous to me as well. If the Apple salesman had recommended that they paint the walls pink and the SEC then hired a contractor to do so and it turned out there were bad chemicals in the paint that made some people ill, would they investigate Apple over that? All this assumes that the salesperson had no financial interest in the deal.
It's a waste because no one READS the privacy policy. I don't care what the policy says. Rather than putting a privacy policy into the app that no one would read, the privacy policy should be stated on the product page in the store. And the app should warn when it's doing something with my info.
When you think that one black guy in a hoodie is a criminal because another black guy in a hoodie runs out of the store with stolen merchandise, that is clearly racism. If you assign attributes to one member of a group based on the behavior of another member of the group, that's racism (or anti-semitism or sexism or whatever). Are all Jews cheap because one didn't leave a tip? Are all Irish drunks? Are all blondes dumb? Is every girl in a short skirt a whore? If...
Agreed. I couldn't care less about the number of apps in the store. In fact, the large number of apps is a disadvantage because it's hard to fnd the good ones. I'd rather have a store with 500 great apps (maybe even only 100 great apps) than 500,000 apps that include lots of crap. How many apps can one iPhone fit? When there's 5000 photography apps, for example, how do you tell which one is any good?
My remark about it being an active space was not in regards to its aesthetic merits (which it does have) but in response to your comment that it was "dead space". I don't know if you're simply trying to be a troll, but I don't know of a single respected architectural critic who thinks that GCT is a "barn". It's generally considered to be one of the country's "great spaces". But you'd probably prefer the aesthetics of a shopping mall. While Apple's aesthetic works...