or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

According to TWICE magazine, Panasonic has denied that they're leaving the business.     
  Absolutely.    Apple should have fixed any bugs concerning phones years before they ever produced a single one.    But they have taken your view into consideration and they're now fixing bugs that will happen in their future flying car device, even though they haven't produced one yet.  
I hope not because Sony has also said that they're going to "de-emphasize" the TV business.  If Sony and Panasonic leave the TV business, Samsung would become essentially a monopoly supplier (although there are still a few other minor players).   Also, as others have stated, Panasonic's Plasma sets are pretty damned good.    If they're only planning on existing the LCD consumer business, I suppose that's not so terrible, although I don't know how they would expect to...
  Don't be absurd.  The majority of the people don't vote either on facts or on issues as a whole because few people take the time to really understand the issues.   How many people still read a news-paper or news weekly?      That's why you have voters screaming at town-halls that they don't want a government-controlled health care system yet also scream, "keep your hands off my Medicare".     It's why half the country is convinced that you can fight two wars, reduce...
  I disagree.   The issue is not whether voting for the lesser of evils results in the changes we need.   What matters is whether voting for the better of two evils makes any difference, not whether they accomplish the ideal.  No one will ever accomplish the ideal in our system of government.   I believe voting for the lesser of evils most certainly does make a difference.    Back in 1968, the left did not want to vote for Hubert Humphrey because he refused to publicly...
  There are 18 models of the current iPad in the U.S. alone: 64GB: Black or White, Verizon or ATT (4) 32GB: Black or White, Verizon or ATT (4) 16GB: Black or White, Verizon or ATT (4) 64GB WiFi: Black or White (2) 32GB WiFi: Black or White (2) 16GB WiFi: Black or White (2)   I suspect there will be 22 models in the U.S., because they're also supposedly supporting 8GB in this new size.     And if 8GB is going to frustrate the hell out of people because most of the space is...
  Don't worry -- Apple is well on their way to making future laptops impossible to upgrade.    I expect them to do the same thing to the next iMac.    And they'll probably remove the DVD/CD-ROM drive there as well even though there is absolutely no reason to do so and plenty of reasons not to.   Apple's decided we should only use iTunes.   
I develop rights management systems and the reason why companies use it is exactly to avoid situations like this one. At one company I consulted at (after the fact) they had the rights to publish a children's novel. Someone got the idea to create a coloring book. They didn't have the rights to do that. I don't know whether they settled or whether there was a lawsuit, but it cost them $ millions. If you use someone else's asset without a license, you get sued. If...
I'm sure there's a bar code that gets scanned when you enter a facility (same as when you download and print your own tickets).  Once scanned, no one else gets admission with the same bar code.   I haven't tried the app yet and some people seem to have UI concerns, but the general idea is a good one, especially if you attend events (or fly) often.  I hate having to print out tickets/boarding passes, etc.   If they're just downloaded to the iPhone, that's a big advantage,...
Haven't read all the posts, but even with Obama's poor performance in the first debate, he's still going to win, assuming he wins Florida.      My analysis says that Obama will get 304 electoral votes, well above the 270 he needs to win even if every toss-up state goes to Romney.  Electoral-Vote.com claims Obama will get 319, but I'm not convinced of that yet.      Here's my analysis.  Feel free to poke holes: States with 18 or more electoral votes (CA, TX, FL,...