or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Marketing 101:  Sell benefits, not features. Making you think that the teen was socially disengaged was the entire point.        But there is a problem (IMO) with the spot:   while it was beautiful emotionally, it could have been for almost any manufacturer's phone.  It sells the concept of a smartphone more than it sells the iPhone.   And that's a problem with a lot of Apple's recent spots.   About the best you can say about the recent spots is that they attempt to imply...
And when you get the paperwork in the mail, all you do is notify them back that you don't wish to be included in the class.    You don't have to sue anybody.   This is common procedure in all class action lawsuits.
 Yeah, but there's almost always some settlement because it's very expensive to defend this even when it has no merit.  But the lawyers get almost all the money and the shareholders get almost nothing.   For stocks that I own, I get these class action lawsuit settlement documents in the mail all the time.   If you get anything, it usually works out to about 7 cents a share, and 99% of the time, it's not worth my time to fill out the paperwork and provide proof of the stock...
Oh, please..it's not a cash-in.    It's a well known fact for better or worse that the death of an artist increases interest in their work and therefore, sales of their work.   It doesn't matter if one is a visual artist, actor or musician.    While it's true that we sometimes tend to take more of an interest when a long-term artist dies than when they're still around, it has nothing to do with capitalism or a money rip-off.  It's just human nature.   Such interest takes...
I don't understand why you find that surprising.   Racial slurs become points of sensitivity.    Racists have frequently used the image of the monkey or the ape to depict black people.   Once that happens, the stereotype becomes something to be avoided.   It's not a racial slur for white people to be called an ape.  It is a racial slur for black people, just like being called "cheap" is a slur to Jews.   
  I don't have a problem being forced onto SSDs when they come in storage amounts equivalent to what you can get on an HD and when they're close in price.   I've switched out the hard drive twice on my late-2008 MBP.   It now has a 750MB HD of which I've used 475MB, but if I were doing it again, I'd go with either 1 or 2 TB and I'm pretty good about getting rid of redundant files, old versions, etc.  For people who don't create much of their own content, a smaller SSD is...
 As the article states, Microsoft did have a pop-up store in Times Square for a short time.   I visited that store and was surprised at how bad it looked and felt as compared to an Apple store and I'm someone who has stated that I don't see the big deal about Apple stores - it's just equipment sitting on top of parsons tables with glass images on the walls.     But in comparison, the Microsoft store seemed like a 99 cent store - it seemed cheap and as if it was created for...
Even aside from the issue of Siri understanding what that means, I spoke your sentence on my iPhone (in Mail) and got the following:"I want a 20 piece chicken heads with spicy coconut shavings Supligen Normas Coke with extra thick pancake batter drizzle." Now I actually think that's not too bad, but if you constantly have to manually correct Siri instructions, it's not going to be all that useful, which is the experience most people have today. As far as whether it needs...
 There have been plenty of buildings built, including the Javits Convention Center in NYC, that did not include the concept of cleaning windows into the original design.    I wonder if the designers of this building have thought of it.   That's a lot of glass to clean, but it's going to look pretty bad if they don't keep it clean. 
 1.  According to another posting above, this report was bogus anyway and Apple's products are not banned from government purchases. 2.  Your idea wouldn't work anyway. 3.  It's not necessary (or even desirable) to raise wages to U.S. levels because that wouldn't be the equivalent wage anyway since the cost of living is different.   If you wanted to equalize wages, the way to do it would be to create a "basket" of commonly bought items and equalize wages based upon the...