or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

1.  Maybe you spend your whole life on here, but I don't.   So it didn't take me three days because I didn't read your post until today. 2.  I know what the lawsuit is about as I stated.   Let's say that Apple and the other companies never made any anti-poaching agreement.    And then because there was no agreement, they poached.   There are other laws under which they could have been sued for that poaching.   (I was involved in such a case.)    So all I was saying is that...
It's true that anti-poaching agreements were determined to be illegal, but there are also State laws, unfair competition laws or specific statutes where employee poaching may be illegal as it is considered tortious interference with business (contractual) relations. This occurs when a company intentionally causes an employee to breach his/her employment contract. Furthermore, I believe there have been successful lawsuits over one company poaching a large number of...
 I agree that the AirPort Express is a great device, but I preferred the old design, where you could plug the box directly into the power strip with no wire and it was just as thick as the plug. It sits on the strip right next to the Power Supply for the MacBook Pro, which is also that same thickness. While I appreciate that the new one has Ethernet out, I think the old form factor was better.While I haven't tried the new one, there is an issue with the old one and...
 True, but a bunch of black boxes that express ideas and features and not implementation or engineering should not be a valid patent.If I draw some black boxes of a flying car, a phaser, a transporter or holographic movies/TV, can I take the patents?But I wonder whether this purported device, which one can interpret to be a computer/projector for business use is not actually the much-rumored Apple Television in disguise.
 While I agree that these are terrible business practices, I would not place them in the category of 'principles of basic human dignity' and civil rights. These terrible business practices are applied equally without regard to gender, race, national origin, age, etc. They have nothing to do with civil rights.
 No, it's not the same. You're trying to make a moral equivalency out of something that has no such equivalency. Tell me what person wasn't treated with 'principles of basic human dignity' because they were poached from another company. And don't tell me that the "person" was a company, because in spite of what some politicians on the Right think, a company is not a person.That's like saying that Roosevelt lied once so he was no better than Hitler.And even if I'm...
 Yes, violating a no poach agreement is exactly the same as discriminating against millions of people because of their race. Brilliant thinking.
 And I'm a stockholder who plans on voicing my approval. Therefore we cancel each other out.As to whether this organization is "far-left" is subject to interpretation. Seems to me that if one truly believes in the Constitution, any organization that defends the civil rights of people is actually a far-right organization. They're not considered that because too many people on the right want to "pick and choose" who gets which civil rights.The ACLU is considered by...
AI is changing my behavior also. It's forcing me to participate in Mac Rumors instead. A site about Apple that doesn't work on an Apple browser? Freaking hilarious. I've always hated this Forum UI anyway - obviously designed either by idiots or designed this way on purpose to increase dwell time.
 Everything you say is incorrect.- Yes, U.S. factories have punch cards to track hours, but that doesn't mean you can work any hours that you want. If you don't show up at the required time for your shift, don't you think there are ramifications? Do you think you can just walk off the line when you feel like it and say, "okay, I'm leaving….you don't have to pay for me for the rest of today." Hell, I once got fired from a retail job because I didn't punch out for...