or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

I disagree - I love Apple but don't think they should be able to get a patent for "slide to unlock" (aside from perhaps a copyright on the art). Do you think that in a videogame, someone should be able to get a patent for a virtual opening of a door or window? How about opening a file cabinet? Likewise, I don't think Amazon should have been able to get a patent for "one-click" which Apple had to license from them. Multi-touch overall? Maybe the specific...
I don't think people are in denial; I think they're trying to be positive. Also, I think it's both rude and cruel, regardless of the reality, to post on a site like this one that someone is going to die, especially because no one (at least no one posting) knows the complete exact circumstances. One thing to remember is that unlike us ordinary mortals with ordinary health insurance, Steve has resources enabling him to get the best treatment in the world, not that that...
Because his health is obviously an issue and he felt he could no longer serve effectively as Apple CEO. Since his continued role at Apple will use his energies and since he's already been an absentee member of the Disney Board, it probably would be appropriate for him to step down from the Disney Board, in spite of the fact that he's the biggest shareholder. And if he does occassionally have input for Disney, his role as largest shareholder will give him that voice...
This surprised me because I never thought Steve would resign even if he couldn't handle the job any longer. So I really respect him for leaving. This is a very sad day. The stock will fall tomorrow because Wall Street reacts emotionally instead of to reality. The market has been incredibly unstable, but does anyone think that the value of American companies really changes by 5% or more from day to day? The stock will come back up when everyone realizes that...
There is no evidence that this tax holiday would help anyone but shareholders (and I happen to be an Apple shareholder, but I'm opposed to it) and in Apple's case, since they refuse to pay dividends, it probably wouldn't even help shareholders. IMO, U.S. corporations pushing for this should be ashamed of themselves. The country is suffering and needs revenue and jobs. Considering how well Apple is doing, they should be doubly ashamed. Any tax holiday should only...
Just when I thought patent law couldn't get any more absurd. I've been posting for years that since you don't actually have to produce anything or describe exact methodology, I should have patented the "business" process of time travel, motion picture holography, the holodeck, flying cars, replicators, WARP drive, space transporters and brain-embedded automatic translators. Oh yeah, maybe I should patent 'The Force' while I'm at it.
It's not a matter of being invested in current technologies. It's a matter of what level of usability and efficiency one needs, which is dependent upon the types of applications they use. There has been a split in the market. For those who browse the web, tweet, play games, read e-books, do light email to which they respond in only one or two sentences and only need very simplified versions of applications, an iPad-type interface makes sense. For those people who do...
Absolutely. When I had a work Blackberry, I found it unacceptable for anything but replying to an email with a few words. I didn't feel I could do real work on it. It was more of a tool to let me know what I had to take care of once I returned home or to the office.When the iPhone was released, the email and web were so far superior, it enabled me to be able to "leave the house" and still be able to respond effectively to clients. While slow, I could still view...
There's parking under the round structure and there's also a separate 3-story parking structure. See the previous post from a few days ago that includes a PDF with all the details.
No they didn't. Penn Station was destroyed to build Madison Square Garden. The PanAm building is adjacent to the rear of Grand Central Terminal, but the GCT still exists in all its glory.