or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

While I agree that the Amazon and B&N devices are good devices as e-book readers, I disagree with your analysis. If anything, users of the Amazon Fire and similar devices will use them for a while, get used to the technology and then want something better, if only so they can unify their usage on one device. And those people will then upgrade to the incredible capabilities (especially in future models) of the iPad. Or they'll have two devices: a Nook or Kindle for...
While everything you state is accurate, I think the biggest issues for the competitors is that Apple is moving so quickly, they can never even hope to keep up (if even half of the rumors about future devices are true). About the very best they can do with the physical device itself is to copy (usually poorly) the previous generation. But with Apple producing so many units, it's very hard for them to compete on price because Apple can produce them cheaper because of the...
Yes, I agree....I also agree that life under slavery in the United States wasn't so bad either. The workers were fed, clothed, received free housing and got to work outside. And all those sex workers that cater to sex tourism in places like Thailand should thank their lucky stars also. Instead of having to do hard labor on a farm, they get to work in a nice nightclub and lie on their backs. What a great life!
Why only Apple products? The remote control codes are public knowledge - most equipment that comes with a "universal" remote control lists the codes for all the other manufacturer's devices so you can program your remote. If Apple built an iPad/iPhone app that could control anyone's device with a killer UI, that would interest me far more than an Apple-branded TV. The problem today is that each remote is missing several important things for the other devices. For...
What I don't get is that if Samsung, LG and Sharp are each making displays for a future iPad, how is consistency maintained between the screens supplied by different manufacturers? They can't be exactly the same without violating each others patents.
I really appreciate your informed and thoughtful response. You've really added much to the discussion.
I think the only thing that would truly work is a completely unknown actor. Otherwise, we won't see "Steve". We'll see Clooney or Bale or Wyle or whoever. I think there have only been a handful of roles in all of movie history where you only see the character and not the actor. Brando in "The Godfather" was one and Dustin Hoffman in "Tootsie" was another, but that was easier since he played the character in drag. Jim Carey as comedian Andy Kaufman in "Man On...
No. Mobile will certainly be big (it already is) and I agree that when mobile can get live broadcasts easily it will become bigger. And I also agree that there are some people, especially young people, who are satisfied watching TV or movies on a 3" screen. But to say that everything will be mobile and that people will only watch on large screens on special occasions is a complete misreading of the market and actual consumer behavior. Large screens are selling in...
That's B.S. unless your friend bought the low end. Sony has its problems and I think Stringer has got to go, but their top-of-the-line HX929 is an amazing set with an amazing picture - maybe the best LCD out there (there's also the new Sharp Elites, but they only come in very large screen sizes, are very expensive and they change teal to blue, although Sharp says they're going to fix that with a software upgrade.) Vizio doesn't even come close. But with any set,...
I disagree. I don't think Isaacson came across as arrogant or biased at all and he has a good track record with his other historical biographies. In fact, I got the impression that he really liked Steve and felt badly putting the negative stuff in the book, but felt he had to in order to give the full picture of what Steve Jobs was actually like. And I've heard almost every story in the book before, so there is a ring of truth to them. (What I hadn't heard...