or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Why should we have to adapt and overcome?   Why does Apple keep taking away functionality and making applications worse instead of better?   If they can't make it better, then they shouldn't change the UI.   I've written separately (probably in the thread about the iTunes 11 release) about all the things I find bad about the iTunes11 UI.  It's not that I can't use it.   It's not that it's that important to me either way because the main thing I do with it is to simply...
    I think he means "iPads are completed - they now have the new connector". 
I think this new interface is totally non-intuitive ugly. Why does Apple keep making things worse? I think neophyte users will not intuitively understand how to use this. There are lot of things in the new interface that don't make sense to me. The Grid view of a Playlist doesn't show track data. The "Artist List" isn't bad. But if you click "Add To", you get the library view on the left and the Playlist on the right. Seems to me you should be able to...
That's an absurd statement.    You might be somewhat correct about newspapers, but magazines, especially quality magazines, contain content that is not necessarily time sensitive.    An in-depth investigation into fraud, an analysis of how an elective office was won, a biography, an article about the international sex or drug trades, trends in the fashion world, an analysis of a company, etc. are all topics that magazines serve well.           Don't give him so much...
  Ridiculous comment IMO.   iFixit did not ask Apple to consult them.   Sites like this one legitimately have criticisms of Apple's and other products.   It's perfectly legitimate to criticize Apple's products and how easy it is to upgrade or repair them when it's warranted.   If you disagree with the conclusion, argue the point rationally.    But if your argument is "like Apple's products no matter what or go buy something else" then any review site should just shut down...
  As far as I'm concerned, it's not an AIO without an optical drive.    They still are highly practical for many (not all) people.       With Apple, every time and I think that's one of their weaknesses.    It's great to own beautifully designed products of any type, but these are products that are primarily used for their functionality.     I know that Apple has often dropped old technology to push ahead with new technology and I've generally supported that.    But as...
  Maybe yes, maybe no.   Maybe the head of the project asked for more budget to acquire more databases and was told, "no".   Maybe they wanted to hire more people with appropriate expertise and was told "no, we have all the right people".     Maybe they knew of the flaws but were told by others in management, "are you kidding?   This looks so cool and is so much better than Google Maps that the flaws don't matter.  We'll fix them over time."    Or maybe it was the reverse...
Because of some major data corruption issues that I couldn't fix having to do with the system generating each calendar event up to 15x (which I think had to do with synching issues between Office, Calendar and my iPhone, creating some kind of loop), I recently had to upgrade from Office 2008 to Office 2011 on the Mac.    I really thought that Outlook for the Mac was going to be far better than Entourage, but it's really a piece of crap (although still better, IMO, than...
    There are two types of trademark certification.   You initially use "TM" and then when you prove usage and uniqueness, you can apply for an "R" which is much stronger.   I don't understand how Harley would have gotten the "Lightning" trademark for non-motorcycle related products unless they've produced any.   So to me, eyeglasses, motorcycle parts, helmets and turn signals make sense since they're all related to Harley's primary product line, but TVs, games and...
  I think you're making this way too complicated.    We pretend that these national elections are actually contests, but they're usually not.    In recent times, there is such a distinction between the Democratic and Republican party platforms, especially as Republicans have moved to the right and pushed out the centrists from the party, that most people will vote along party lines almost no matter who is running.     And based upon this and the changing demographics of...