or Connect

Posts by zoetmb

Apple's stock price simply does not reflect reality. IMO, the stock is being constantly manipulated and/or falls on absurd rumors with little facts to back them up.
I haven't looked inside a Mac Pro in a long time, but are the "unprotected" fan blades really so dangerous? And even though current Mac laptops don't really enable users to change anything in the machine and therefore shouldn't be opened by mere mortals, are those fan blades non-protected as well? What exactly is this new rule? And is a new MacPro going to be anything but updated processors and slots for flash drives as well as fusion drives and an updated graphics...
Any show (or person) that encourages kids to design things is terrific and I have nothing but respect for Ive, but really...the headline above has the same tone as if Ive had won the Nobel Prize. Any TV show can offer any award to anyone as an excuse to get them on the show. Besides, it was pretty apparent to me that Ive knew he was getting that award, otherwise why would he have made the aluminum "badge" for them? Anyone else find it strange that there didn't seem...
I wish they'd fix the fact that you can no longer sync Outlook with iOS if you use iCloud for synching (and you're not using Exchange Server).    Now when I get Outlook meeting invites on the Mac that then go into Outlook calendar, I have to manually add them to Cal so they show up on my phone (and vice-versa).     
While it does have some elegant aspects (and I realize that's just an artist's conception and not anything official from Apple), it also looks like a restraint, which in a way, is exactly what such a watch would be.
  Yes, but there's no reason why all the titles in HBO GO can't also be on VOD on the cable systems and/or there's no reason why HBO GO can't be an application on most modern TVs with web access these days.    My bet is that iOS versions of HBO GO are far more compressed than VOD.    Assuming the same content can be in both places, it doesn't make sense to me to "project" my iPhone to my TV using Airplay.
So you've seen the film, then.   
Personally, I think interpreting this ad as a hit on Apple borders on paranoid insanity.    IMO, it's much more of a hit on the insanity of the ability of sports organizations to protect their trademarks to an absurd extent - like the British bakery who was made by lawyers for the Olympics to take down a store display of three intersecting pretzels.       If they had made fun of the ability of someone to patent, copyright or trademark rectangles or curved corners, it...
If Madame Tussauds had the legal right to produce the wax figure of Jobs, which I have to assume that they do,  there may be a loophole in their contract that would have permitted them to produce or have produced a toy replica of the wax figure, which is how Legend Toys might be able to get away with this.   I can't tell if that photo of the "doll" sitting on the wax figure is real or a Photoshop job, but if real, Tussauds doesn't let anyone touch their work, so there...
  Wouldn't any stores with rectangular tables generally line them up parallel to the walls and throughout the store?   I love Apple, but they should not have been able to trademark these aspects of the store design.   They shouldn't have been able to trademark cantilievered shelves either.     Stores have been doing this for decades.     Even if a direct competitor creates a store with lighted displays on the walls and parsons tables to display hardware, so what?     If a...